September Thread

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: September Thread

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:16 am

Hi ladies!

I've missed you all so much & I've been thinking of all of you. There is way too much to catch up on. Oh, if only I had millions of euros & didn't have to work. (I say euros, b/c with millions of dollars, I'd probably still have to work LOL!)

TIFFANY - So glad to hear that you did not go into PTL. I hope they find an answer for the blood in your urine very soon.

AMY - That's great that ds didn't need shots. I hope your dh returned home safely & you're enjoying some time together.

KIM - How scary that you fell! I'm with everyone else, though. A wasted trip to l&d to be safe is so much better than being sorry. Are you past your loss date yet? I can't remember exactly when you're due, but I think you're either close or just past your date. Either way, I hope it's peaceful for you.

KATHY - How funny - I'm slightly anemic, too & also on iron every other day. My OB said it was not a big deal, so I'm not too worried about it.

JENNIFER - So sorry you've got GD. Hopefully Quincy can give you some useful tips. I'm glad to hear that your BP is under control, though.

QUINCY - I'm having a similar pain on my right side. I got so scared that it might be pre-e, but I test my urine every day & there is no protien showing up on the strip. My BP has been normal, as well. I'm thinking it's probably the baby, too. That's so great that you'll be able to work from home a few days! I wish I could do the same, although living in a studio apartment, it would be very difficult.

JILL - Are you out there? How are you & baby doing?

AFM - I thought after I passed my loss date I'd be able to relax a little. I did for about 1 week & then the anxiety started creeping back in. I guess it's partially because my only pregnancy ended in stillbirth. I wish I had the reassurance of having been through pregnancy with a happy outcome. Only 9 weeks to go & I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard to not sort of wait for the other shoe to drop. That said, I started my kick counts this week and so far so good!

I'll try to be more present. It's just so darn busy at work right now & it shows no sign of relenting until after the end of October! Love to all of you ladies & your rainbow babies!

Allison
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Kathy - the interview went fine. The parents seemed normal and the little boy was cute (16 mos old). But I would not be surprised if they choose someone else. They said they were interviewing 3 people. Being that I am having a baby in 2ish months and they'd have to find a replacement during my maternity leave. That is not exactly the most convenient arrangement! I wasn't necessarily looking for another kid right now for that reason, but they were referred to me from another babysitter in the neighborhood who went back to work outside of the home.

Jennifer - Sorry about failing the 3 hr test! Good news about the BP though.

Allison - Hi! I am glad this pregnancy is going so well for you. Hopefully you will be able to relax a little soon!

AFM: DD had a great bday party. It was a lot of work though lugging everything to and from the park (chairs, tables, decorations, party favors, food, the grill...). She had a really good time though. The only negative was that about 20 min or so before the party was to end it got really windy and everything was flying everywhere. The guys quickly loaded everything back in the trucks and everyone pretty much left as DD was finishing opening her gifts. Yesterday I did absolutely nothing! It was wonderful. I went to lay down "just for a little while" at 3pm and DH woke me up at 6 pm because I was still sleeping!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Kim- Im so sorry about the fall!
Jennifer- That sucks that you failed the 3 hour.
Allison- Glad to see you! I know what you mean about still being nervous. I just think about Christine (GirlyClown) and her new son and it makes me feel a little better. Maybe that will help you?
Tif- Yay for relaxing!!!
Hello to Quincy, Kathy, Jiil and everyone else out there! Smile
AFM- Sorry Ive been MIA! Dh got home Thursday morning and my mom stopped by bc she was in the area. On Friday, we just hung out as a family. Saturday, my FIL and MIL came up for the day. Sunday, we cleaned out our closet and rearranged our room so we have some space for the boys. Busy, busy!!! Today, Im going through the baby stuff in Matthews closet so Im busy again Lol I had to check in though! Have a great Monday, all!

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Hello Everyone,
So I am trying to learn how to eat with GD. It is a challenge I am so use to just eating what I want, when I want. Now I have to think about what I can eat and I have to eat on a schedule. I don't mind testing my sugar. its not that bad it is just the eating schedule then. The fact that I can't really eat sweets sucks though! These Dr. appts are really getting to be to much. I had appts every day last week and 4 days this week. I know they want to make sure everything is ok. but I think it is a bit excessive. My protein levels in my urine are not really coming very fast. They are still not in preeclamptic range but they are still creeping up. They said it could be ok till delivery or it could shoot up and be a problem tomorrow. They said it is just something they have to watch. I had a full ultra sound today and Easton weighs 3 lbs! He is getting big! I am getting really excited. They printed out a picture of him today and it is so cute. Most of the time he just looks like a skeleton but he actually looked like a a baby! His cheeks were chubby and you could actually see the shape of his nose and see his eyes were shut. Best pictures yet! I can picture what he looks like now! Tomorrow I have a diabetes education class and NST.
Saturday we had a big birthday party for both DDs. It was fun we had swimming and karaoke. It was so cute to see all the kids up there dancing and singing. It was so much fun, but i am so glad it is over. We had about 20 kids, not including adults. We got the girls a wii fit ad I am so excited to use it! We will be hooking it up tonight and trying it out. I don't know how much I can do of it now but I am excited to use it to lose the baby weight after delivery.
Well I have to run and make dinner so we can get to soccer. Talk to all of you later.
Jennifer

Sorry about personals, I keep up with reading everything but sometimes I am in such a hurry I just have to update and run! I will have a bit more time on WED. I will try to get to it then!

JenniferShafer

View user profile http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Morning Girls!

Post  beth on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:24 am

I lost you guys!!! Tiffany is on another board I am on and she got me straightened out. How is everyone? I dont think I will read to catch up but I will keep up with everyone. Were getting so close. I can't remember is I told you I scheduled my c-sectin date for November 28th!! I am so excited. I am going out of town this weekend with the girls but I will keep up after that. Hope everyone is well.

Beth

Last edited by beth on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
beth

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bethgorrell

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:16 am

Beth - Glad the link worked! This group is MUCH easier to keep up with than TT!!

Hope everyone else is doing well today.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:47 am

Hey all!

Beth- so glad you found us! So exciting about your c-section date...it's so close.

Jennifer- sorry about the GD...if you have any questions, I hope I can answer them for you. I totally agree about the eating what and when you want being the hardest part. Like right now, my co-worker brought all this halloween candy and I just want to eat every piece in the bowl...I guess I will just eat my apple and string cheese, yum!!

How is everyone else feeling? I have been feeling really good except for this horrible heartburn, if what they say is true, then baby Camden is going to have a head full of hair, LOL! I just can't believe we are so close.....yea!!!

Hi to everyone and please start getting on here and posting, I miss you guys!!
qvest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Beth- Good to see you here! Yay for your c-section being scheduled!
Jennifer- Sorry again about the GD I have no advice!
Quincy- I had such bad heartburn w/ Matthew!! And he was born w/a ton of hair.
Hi to everyone else! Smile
AFM- Ive been super busy. Matthew is going through an annoying stage right now Hes grumpy ALL THE TIME and screams about everything, whether hes mad or happy. Hes so 2 these days! Lol..
QOTD: What's your favorite/least favorite thing about this stage of pregnancy?
AOTD: My least favorite is when the boys sit on my my sciatic all day. My favorite is when I can see them moving and it seems like they're playing w/each other!

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello to everyone!
Beth- Good to see you here!
Quincy and Amy- We seem to start a heart burn club! When I was pg with Soren I had heart burn so bad all the time. I was poppin tums like crazy. After i gave birth a few days later I had really bad pains that were worse than labor I was admitted back to the hospital (the same night I was discharged from having preeclampsia). They found out I had kidney stones! (This was also the same day Soren went in for open heart surgery!) They analyzed the stone and it was completely made up of calcium! They think it was from all the tums! I am really trying to not take very much but man it is bothering me!

I was told yesterday that I am contracting to much and if it continues I will be put on meds for it. I think Friday at NST they are going to be deciding. Today is worse. I am contracting much more and I don't know if I can wait till Friday. I maybe be going to L&D today or tomorrow if it does not calm down. They told me the name of the medication but I can't remember it. I was told they will not give me the one they usually start with because it can raise your blood sugar and that is already a problem. The one they will give me has little side effect and can actually lower your blood pressure which is a good thing for me. I guess I will just keep on this and go if I need to. I am hoping they calm down and I can just wait till Friday.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Jennifer

Oh, I wanted to share this with all of you. I think Easton is going to be a handful. He is already showing a bit of personality. Every time I go in for monitoring he acts like he does not like it. He moves away from the monitor and then kicks it over and over like he is trying to get it off me. Well he starting doing it during my U/S. I get one twice a week. Just for his biophysical profile. I can now see exactly what he is doing. He actually moves his body away and kicks right at what ever is on my belly! Today my Moms new puppy was sitting on my belly and Easton was trying to kick the dog off! It is really something. The funny thing is when ever DH tries to feel him he will not kick. I will say oh he is really kicking! He will come over and put his hand on me to feel him and Easton just stops! My DH says he needs a spanking before he even comes out! He thinks it is so funny!

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:40 pm

AOTD: My favorite things about this stage are that I feel movement so frequently and that no one mistakes the fact that I am pregnant now! I definitely look preggo not just like I overindulged at lunch! My least favorite things about this stage are the back aches that are pretty bad every night and the fact that I am starting to get tired at like 3 in the afternoon and could honestly go to bed by 7pm.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Oops, I forgot to do this! My fav thing about the pregnancy now is that I am feeling like this is really going to happen! I am really going to have a baby, and he is doing well! I may even get to bring him home (depends on how big the hole in his heart is, it may have even closed up on its own) My least fav thing is all the problems I am having right now! And EVERYTHING Tif said.
Jennifer

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:17 am

I can't believe I forgot to tell all of you this! I had a full ultrasound on Friday and there is still no sign of HLHS! Very Happy My next full scan is on the 30th.

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:13 am

Jennifer - What awesome news! You must be so excited and relieved.

AFM: Is anyone else getting really tired lately? I am hoping it is because I have been getting up earlier this week and not because that is just the stage of pregnancy I am at! Seriously, I have been useless in the evenings. Luckily my DH is awesome and puts DD to bed and does the dinner dishes while I melt into the couch!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Sorry Tiff but I also am feeling more and more tired! It must be a third trimester thing. I think I am a bit more tired from changing my diet also. My body needs to adjust I think.

Does anyone else have NST? I go twice a week right now and see my ob once a week. Is this what everyone else is doing? It sure seems like a lot to me. I feel like I am always at the doctor.

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 am

Hi guys -

Sorry I've been MIA again. I was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday night. I've posted the story below, but so far I'm ok and the baby is ok, too. Please keep the thoughts & prayers coming. I'll be back later to catch up on the posts & do some personals. I've posted the full story below as I wrote it on my blog. I'm too tired to rewrite everything!

As I mentioned in my last post, the fear and anxiety have been creeping back in. Overall, Im feeling very positive about this pregnancy, though.

On Tuesday evening, I was sitting at home watching TV. Around 5:30, my left field of vision got blurry. I wrote it of at first, since Glenn had turned on the hallway light to my left. About 20 minutes after it started, we got up to go to the drug store and I realized that it wasnt the light, it was my eyes. We quickly went to the store and it got worse, to the point where it was so blurry in my left eye, that it was making it difficult to focus in my right eye. I said to Glenn, Youre going to have to help me when we get upstairs. I want to check my book & see if I should call my OB, but I dont think Ill be able to read it. Sure enough, we checked and it said to call immediately. I called (at this point, it was just after 6pm) and about 5 minutes after I hung up the phone, my vision cleared just as suddenly as it had blurred. Of course, then I felt like a jack ass for calling the doctor after office hours.

We settled in and ate dinner. Just before 7, the on call doctor called me back. I told him what had happened and he asked if I had been having any other pain. I let him know that my upper right side, which had been bothering me on & off for a week or two had been consistently hurting with varying intensity since Sunday. He then asked if Id been getting headaches, which I have on & off throughout the last maybe 2 months, but I hadnt had one that day. He told me to head up to labor & delivery for monitoring. He thought it was probably fine, but given my history, wanted to be extra cautious.

We got to the hospital around 8:15pm and were in a triage room just before 9pm. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and couldnt find the definitive heartbeat for about 5 minutes (although it seemed like hours today). She kept saying that she could hear fetal movement & the heartbeat in the background, but since the baby was moving, she couldnt get a read. Nevertheless, my heart was in my throat until I heard that glorious clip clop for myself.

They also hooked me up to monitor my blood pressure & pulse and drew blood.
At first, my blood pressure was high for me, although still normal about 121/82. However, as I lay there, it slowly started to creep up. At the highest reading, it was 158/109. The cut off for severe hypertension is 160/110, so they were concerned.

By this time it was around 1am and they had decided to admit me. They were concerned that I might have preeclampsia. The doctor said they wanted to start me on betamethasone, a steroid to help the babys lungs mature, in case they had to deliver me. I was in shock and nervous, but strangely calm at the same time. I just know Im in good hands and, most importantly, the baby is alive and doing fine.

I sent Glenn home to get some rest. I told him to just go to work the next day. After all, what would he have done here, except sit at home & worry? They debated whether to keep me in the high risk section of labor & delivery or to send me to the antepartum unit. Since my blood pressure started to come down a little more in the 140/90 range, I was sent to antepartum.

By the time I got to my room, it was 2:30am and I was given the betamethasone shot at 2:35am. I was also asked to start collecting my urine for 24 hours.

I tried to sleep, but my roommate was watching Spanish TV until about 3:30am. I finally fell asleep until 5:30am when I was awakened to have my vitals taken. Then, a seemingly endless parade of doctors came to see me, all asking the same questions. Finally at 8:30, I got to eat breakfast. I was starving by that point.

At 9:00am, they took my food away and I was told I could have nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours, as they were going to do an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gallstones.

Around 11am, I started having a headache and the pain in my right side was getting worse. They moved me up to the high risk labor & delivery unit and put me on a magnesium drip to stave off the possibility of seizure. By the time the magnesium was started, it was around 2pm. From that point on, I was not allowed to get out of bed. I was given the option of a catheter or a bedpan for urine collection. God bless my nurse, she was fine with my choice of bedpan. I wouldnt mind a catheter if I couldnt feel it, but I knew it would really bother me.

I was hooked up to the fetal monitor and my blood pressure was being taken every 15 minutes. It was not as high as the peak the night before, but it was still clearly elevated.

Glenn came back that evening with 2 of our good friends. It was a nice distraction to be able to chat with them. I sent Glenn home at 9pm. He was exhausted from the night before and I wanted him to be able to get some sleep. Plus, someone needed to give our dog, Lucy, some attention.

I slept relatively well that night, except for the fact that I couldnt lay on my side. Every time I did, the baby would disappear off of the monitor. I was very uncomfortable, but exhausted enough to sleep hard.

At 4:35am, they got the results of the 24 hour urine collection. It determined that, although I was close, I did not meet the criteria for preeclampsia. Brief sigh of relief. At 5:30am, I was moved back to my antepartum room.

From 5:30 on, I couldnt really sleep, since thats when the doctor parade started. I finally gave up on sleep by 6:45 & just woke up.

Around 10am, Dr Gs colleague came in to see me & let me know that my protein level in my urine was 280. (The criteria for preeclampsia is 300) So, although I was ok for now, they were concerned that it could develop into it later. At the very least, I was diagnosed with gestational hypertension and I was informed that I would be here until at least Monday morning, so they could continue to monitor me. In a way, that was a relief to hear. As much as Id like to go home, I feel very comfortable being here. I know Im in the best place for me and my baby.

An opthamologist came in to examine my eyes. The day before, they had mentioned possibly doing a cat scan or an mri to see what may have been causing the disturbances. Thankfully, we just did the eye exam & everything looked fine. We decided to hold off on anything else unless the blurriness returned.

I asked about getting a private room and I was told that they were reserved for patients who had babies or who were here for 6 months or more. I completely understood & prepared to settle in for days of Spanish cartoons that my roommate was watching.

Around 1pm, I was told that Id be moved to another room a private room. What a difference! Just as I was moving, my friend Taifa showed up. She helped me move and God love her, she had brought me a sandwich from Subway real food!!! She stayed & chatted until about 3:30pm. It was really wonderful to have the company.

I started having mild visual disturbances around 4:30 & let the nurse know. One of the doctors came in and said, Are we going to have to kick you out of this room now & send you back to l & d? They let me stay, since the symptoms were minor and went away on their own.
My friend Senta came by last night armed with a cookie and bread! Again real food!!! Glenn arrived shortly thereafter with the supplies I had requested my laptop, my robe, flip flops (so I could shower) and he went to the trouble of buying me some vanilla shampoo, conditioner, aromatherapy stick and pillow & sheet mist!

Around 8pm, Senta left and I took a shower. That did wonders for me. I was even able to wear my own pjs last night. Glenn stayed to watch a few minutes of the VP debate & went home. I was joking with my nurse asking her not to take my blood pressure during the debate!

I was asked to keep track of my intake and output of fluids all night. I slept well for the 5 hours I slept. Once again, the doctor parade began at 5:30am. Im actually enjoying getting to know them here and its nice to finally recognize some faces and names.

Dr. Gs colleague came back & let me know that, although my blood pressure went down overnight, my liver enzymes were creeping up, which was cause for concern. She also let me know that Dr G would be calling me to check in at some point.

They gave the baby a non stress test at 10:30 & once again, that heartbeat is there & strong with lots of kicks!

Now, Im feeling really sleepy, but very relieved to be here. I have a really strong sense that everything is going to be fine. In fact, I told the doctors that if they want to keep me here for a year, its fine, as long as I bring a healthy baby home with me!

Now that I have my laptop, Ill keep posting updates. Please keep your fingers crossed that this munchkin makes an appearance much closer to December 1 than now!
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Allison - Wow what an ordeal. I am so glad that you are in the hospital where everything can be monitored and that your baby is alive and healthy. Feel free to chat with us to kill some of the hospital boredom! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on everything!

ETA: I hate the idea of sharing a room with a stranger! I purposely go to a hospital further from my house because they have all private rooms! That sucks that you want to sleep and have to watch spanish TV all night... I'm glad you were able to get a private room eventually.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Allison - I'm so glad you and the LO are being watched so closely. What an eventful last few days... I hope you are just concentrating on you and the LO and not thinking at all about work. Are you still on track to stay till Monday?

Sorry for the lack of personels I just came on to tell you guys my awesome news when I read about Allison. I spoke to my manager and HR about just working 4 days a week when I come back and they were both fine with it. I'll still have my insurance paid for and get 80% pay and time off. So it sounds perfect! Oh and I too am tired all the time. Last night I was asleep before my DS.
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Oh my goodness Allison! Please know I am praying for you!

NST went well. My contractions are the same as before, no better no worse. I am to see my OB early next week and he will decide what to do. I am hoping that he will think that it is ok and just want it to be checked a bit more often. I don't want to take the meds just because it worries me to take anything while pg, I am taking the BP meds but that worries me also. i know they say it is safe but in 10 years will they find out, oops we now know it was not as safe as we thought. But if it comes down to it and it is found to be dangerous, I will take them. They looked at my cervix with an u/s and it is still long so that is good.
My sugars are crazy today. They were running low today so I ate something to bring them up and now it is too high! I also feel like crap! I thought about it and wondered why I felt so bad so I took my sugar and it was 152. Much to high. It has been 3 hours since I ate. I am scared to eat now. This is the first time since finding our about the GD that I have had trouble with it. I guess I just have to learn what I can and can't eat. I had a chicken sandwich from BK. I though I can't have this stuff normally but since my sugar is low this would be the perfect time to have it. I was WRONG! I will not go off the diet again. Crying or Very sad

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:03 am

Hi all!

Jennifer - Sorry to hear that you had a wacky day with your sugars, but glad that the NST went well.

AFM - Well, It looks like I'll be here at least until Friday now. My symptoms keep waxing & waning, so I can't officially be diagnosed with preeclampsia, but they also can't rule it out. Their gut feeling is that it's just coming on slowly. Most importantly, the baby seems to be doing just fine. I'll be having my daily NST soon. It's so funny to hear the baby move so much on the machine, but I can't feel so many of the movements! Anyway, please continue to send positive thoughts our way. Internet service here is spotty, so I'll try to post, but if I don't post too often, that is why.

(((HUGS))) and love to all
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:49 pm

It is letting me post again. I could not post here for a whole week .. it kept telling me I was not allowed to reply to this forum!!!

**HUGS****

Missed you girls!!!

Allison!! HUGS... sorry your going through so much. Glad the baby is doing well!!! Hang in there. Glad you got the steroid shots!! Better to be safe!! .... I am glad they are in your system. I hope you do not need them!!!

I will be back more hopefully!!!! Take care girls!!

Jess

mom2miracles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Helloooo Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much. Have been pretty busy here. Not much new. My loss week is coming up, and I will be glad to be through that. We are going home (to our parents) in a week or so, and we plan to plant some bulbs at Hope's grave. We haven't been there since earlier this summer, and I'm anxious to visit her grave, do some cleaning up and I guess leave our Christmas gifts for her since we probably won't be there again for several months. Anyhow, I just wanted to pop on and say hi for a sec. Very quickly:

Jennifer - SO glad to hear there is no sign of HLHS!!

Allison - I am so very sorry to hear you are in the hospital. But on the other hand, I'm glad you're there so they can keep a close eye on you!

Amy - Hi! How are you? How are those LO's? Hey, Jess, is having problems getting onto this board. She can read, but cannot post. I was thinking maybe she wasn't logged in, but seeing that she just posted - maybe she's having problems with her username / password or something?

Kathy - great news about your job! That's wonderful!

Hi to EOE! I will come back later for better personals and check on Allison.

hugs!
hope_of_hevn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:00 am

Do we have an October thread yet? Are we getting one? I do not care either way, but with my computer not working well over here on this site I want to make sure I am at least posting on the right forum... LOL

Jess

mom2miracles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:08 am

Hi ladies -

AMY - Kim & Michelle (Mish44) from bbc are having trouble posting here. They keep getting a message saying that they're not allowed to post (like Jess). I'm wondering if it's b/c the forum will log you out periodically, but what do you think? More importantly, how are you?

JILL - So great to hear from you. I'll be thinking of you as you approach your loss date. I hope you can breathe and have some peace once you get past it.

JESS - Good to hear from you, too!

AFM - I've heard a few different things today. The nurse told me that I'll be here until I deliver. The doc told me that, depending on how the 24 hour urine collection goes today, I may be able to get out this week. I'm not sure how I feel about that, though. As much as I'd love to be at home with my dog, in my bed, etc. I feel so safe here. I'm not sure what to do, but I'll just play it by ear. If my protein level is above 300, I won't be going anywhere anyway! My liver enzymes were creeping up, but have stablized. My bp was great all day yesterday, but had gone back up again. (not as bad as it was, but still high for me- 138/84) It's frustrating for me and the docs b/c they can't definitively diagnose anything, but they strongly suspect that the pre-e is coming on slowly. That said, at least it hasn't gotten to the point where I would be forced to deliver. I'll keep updating here.

Love & hugs to all -
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Hello everyone
Just wanted to stop in and say hi! About the can't post in this forum, I have got that message before but it is usually when I am using a different computer and then all I have to do is sign in and it works.
Today is 30 weeks for me! I can't believe it will only be about 7 weeks till my Dr. wants to induce! I am really getting excited! I feel like I have so much to do still. We have bought very little for him so far. (I've been scared to) We really need to at least go get the travel system so he can come home. I keep telling my DH we really need to get it soon because if I have him early I don't want to have to worry about when he gets to come home running out and buying it. We have it picked out but my luck, if we wait till last minute they will not have it in stock or something and I will be forced to buy one I have done no research on!
My sugar is high today. It was 140 2 1/2 hours after my lunch. Crying or Very sad I know I will hear about it tomorrow at NST. I have had a few high numbers this week. I always get scolded if they are high. I am following the diet. But they are still sometimes high. BP is great. Just about normal, the meds are working. I feel pretty good! I felt so good I went down to the church this morning, (We had asked permission to re-do the church nursery in memory of Soren. They said yes!) I was helping to tape off everything and move toys out of the nursery. I must have done something to my back because now it hurts really bad. But I am really excited to do this in Memory of Soren. We have a big picture of him that says In memory of above it and below it it says Soren Blake Shafer 1-2-08 to 1-20-08. I have a hard time not crying while doing it but will be so glad to see it done and his beautiful picture hung in there. I just wish he were here to see it. He would be 9 months old now. Hard to imagine.
Hope you all are doing well or at least OK ( Hugs for Allison!).
Jennifer

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:51 am

Just wanted to check on Allison...I hope all is still going OK!

Jennifer - that is so sweet about re-doing your church's nursery in memory of Soren! You'll have to post pics when it's all done. Sorry about the wacky sugars. What a pain!

Hi to EOE!
hope_of_hevn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next