September Thread

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: September Thread

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:07 am

KATHY - How fun that you registered to the point of exhaustion! Your boys are so beautiful. It made me cry to see your little one. He is always in my prayers.

JENNIFER - Soren's care page is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

JESS - I hope you make it here soon! I left instructions for you on the old board.

JILL, AMY & TIFFANY - I hope you guys are all having a good day today!
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Jennifer - thank for referring me to the windows movie maker - I just added it as a favorite so I can read about it more when I feel like thinking. Right now my house is too loud to think. The carpet and duct cleaners are finally here (our window was from 12-3) and they got here at 6.

Allison - thanks for your kind words about my boys. That picture was taken on Good Friday - when Jake was 5 months and Luke had just turned 4. The photographer was taking some shots of Jake in the chair when Luke decided to hope in too. I love that picture.

HI to Amy, Jess, Jill, Beth and Tiffany - Hope you all had a great weeknd.
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi ladies! Well I am here and looking forward to learning this new site. dr's appt this morning went very well. Camden's hb was great and he kicked the doppler...lol! I only gained 4lbs too and doc said my sugars looked great! This has been the longest I have ever been on a diet...hopefully I can stay on it after lo comes. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hi to everyone.
qvest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Quincy - I'm glad your appt went so well - great job on the sugars and weight gain. I am going for my GD test next week.

AFM - I did a bad thing this weekend - my dh was out of town and the carpet cleaners were coming. There were a few pieces of furniture I thought I could just push into the kitchen without any problem. But I must have pulled something because it has been hurting to walk since I moved the sofa table. I think it is just a round ligament or something and it is only on my left side. So I am walking very slow today. But I've learned my lesson and won't do that again.
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Quincy - I'm not sure if I've said this already or not but I love the name Camden!

Allison - Boy does that sound close to say you are 12 weeks away from delivery! I think I am probably about 13 weeks away because I delievered around 38 weeks last time and I am 25 now.

How fun that some of you have registered already. I remember being so overwhelmed when I registered for my daughter. Just the sheer number of choices available for things like diapers was confusing to me. I ended up calling my mom half in a panic from the diaper aisle! haha

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to the babyshower for my friend I told you all about. She turned 36 weeks yesterday and is still preggo! She has been dilated to 4 since last wednesday though. She's on complete bedrest trying to hang on for as many more days as possible.

Did I tell you guys about my grandma? I can't remember if it was this group or the other one I told about her. Anyway, my grandma is one of the most amazing people I know. She is classy and not only intelligent but also well educated (which is rare for a women of her generation). She is loving and I have no doubt that if I were to shave my head and dye my scalp purple she would look at me and tell me how beautiful I am, and mean it from the bottom of her heart. She was diagnosed with leukemia 15 years ago. The doc told her that she had 5-10 years max to live and she smiled at him and said, "you don't know me very well, do you?" Then she and my grandpa went to Las Vegas and rode all of the roller coasters. She said she wasn't going to let the cancer get her down but that she nearly gave herself a heart attack instead! Well, she just found a week ago that she has pancreatic cancer which is one of the deadliest forms of cancer. She is going to have surgery tomorrow morning (tues) and has to start aggressive chemo right away. My grandpa said they are still in shock right now. She said, "Well, Patrick Swayze is doing just fine." I am so sad that she now has to deal with this as well as the leukemia. Horrible things always happen to such great people... Please keep her in your prayers tomorrow morning. She is going to be in intensive care for 3 days after surgery and then in the hospital for another 2 weeks.
tif333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Tiff-I am so sorry about your Grandmother! I will definitely keep her in my prayers! (And the whole family, I am sure it will be hard on all you also!) She sounds like she has a great out look on life!

Tomorrow is my glucose test (YUCK!) all they have at my lab where it will be done is that yucky orange one. I don't like orange soda anyway, but this stuff is even worse! It always makes me feel so sick. silent I have almost passed out twice. No one should ever consume that much sugar at one time. And if you do I would much rather it be a big slice of Dark Chocolate Cake with dark chocolate Italian buttercream ,Raspberry coolie and creme anglaise! Or a big slice of black forest cake! I really want sweets right now!!!!! I am sure that will change tomorrow when I do the test. I won't want sugar for a long time.
Hope you all are having a great day!
Jennifer Shafer

Last edited by JenniferShafer on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

JenniferShafer

View user profile http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:34 pm

I posted this on Old BBC but don't know if you are all checking anymore. My husband fixed our computer and so I can post pics now. I posted pics on the Tossed Turkeys thread on old BBC if anyone wants to go look at them. I posted belly pics, ultrasound pics and pics of the baby's room and Kaitlyn's room. I am feeling lazy today so I don't want to post them all twice Laughing
tif333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Okay, please ignore me. Now I am just playing around and trying to add a ticker. I've never done it before so it will be interesting to see if it actually works!

And that would be a no... How do I get the ticker to show up in my posts? When I click on the signature tab in my profile it shows up there. But when I posted, it didn't work!
tif333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:02 pm

How about this time? Do I have a ticker now??

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:52 pm

Jill- I googled ďfree forumsĒ and this site was the first on the list. Itís really easy, actually! You just pick the colors, title, and settings and the site does all the work for you. ( Iím really bad w/computers, so if I can do it, anyone can!)
Allison- Iím glad that your u/s went well and that youíre past your loss date.
Kathy- yay for registering! Iím sorry about your dog having to leave.
Quincy- So glad that your appt went well!
Tif- Iím so sorry about your grandma. She sounds like an amazing person and Iíll be praying for her.
Jennifer- How did your GD test go?
AFM- Sorry that I havenít been here for a while. We had a very busy weekend! One of dhís co-workers moved in next door so we helped him w/that and some furniture shopping. We also spent the last 2 days w/ds at the park. Busy, busy!
Oh, and today is my birthday. Weíre not doing anything special bc dh is working, but I love birthdays! Iím 24 today.

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:22 pm

Happy Birthday Amy!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks, Tif! Very Happy

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm back. I had a regular OB check today and then GD test. I was ok. I have such bad veins, They are so hard to find. I always get poked at least twice before they find it. Today they did it twice and found it. Than I had to wait and hour and have it drawn again. That time she got it on the first try! YEAH! Everything looks good, but I was told that Easton will have to go to the NICU after he is born. Crying or Very sad I really wanted to avoid the NICU this time but I guess it is necessary. I also found out that he may not be able to go home with me. Crying or Very sad It depends on how big the hole between his ventricles is. I was really hoping for a more normal experience, but I will do what ever needs to be done for him. I cried when the dr told me this. I just remember having Soren and all they did was hold hip up and say here is you baby. Then he was gone. No kiss, no holding him or anything. And I did not see him for 12 hours later. I really hope this time will be much different.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!! Very Happy I wish I ware 24 again! I tell my kids I am 25! (Too bad they can count!) My daughter always says sure Mom, You are 25 every year. Allison always reminds me, "No! Mom your 30!"

Allison came in when I was reading about Tifs Grandma, so I told her she needs prayer and told her what was wrong. I guess last night her and Jocelyn were praying for her when they went to bed, because Jocelyn came in this morning and told me they prayed for her and asked if she was better now. I told her it will take a while to get better, but to keep praying. Kids are so sweet! It is hard for them to understand that we pray and our prayers are always answered but not always how we want them to be. They prayed all the time for Soren, Jocelyn and Brayden could not understand why he still died. I tried to explain but ended up just telling them that God needed him in heaven, more than here on earth. They seemed to accept that. One day they will have a better understanding.
Jennifer

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:24 pm

Jennifer - Awww, how cute... Tell your kids thanks for the prayers, I think they worked Smile I only spoke with my grandpa briefly but he said that the outcome of my grandma's surgery was the best possible scenerio. The surgery took just over 3 hours and the surgeon said she did very well. She is almost 74 so age plays a factor, but he said her body tolerated it very well. The surgeon thinks he was able to remove all of the cancer. She is in critical care for the next 3 days and then will move to the regular hospital floor where she will stay for 2 weeks. She has a long road of recovery ahead of her, but things today could not have gone better.

Thanks to everyone else too for thinking of her!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:44 am

Hi ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been beyond crazy busy at work. I looked at the calendar yesterday and (not including this week), I only have 10 weeks of work left - YIPEEEE!!!

QUINCY - Glad to hear that your appointment went well and that your sugars are in check. I have my GD test next Friday (9/19). The sugar drink doesn't really bother me at all, it just makes me thirsty for water. I actually bought uristix so I can check the glucose & proetin in my urine at home every morning. Obesessive, yes, but it makes me feel better.

KATHY - I love the story behind that photo - so special!

TIFFANY - You grandmother seems like an amazing spirit. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. She'll be in my continued thoughts and prayers.

AMY - Happy belated birthday - 24, oh my! You make me feel like a grandma at 36! (you to, Jennifer!) I hope your day was filled with little kicks from your boys.

JEN - I completely understand wanting to avoid the NICU this time, but I'm glad that your doctors are being so cautious. Hopefully it will all be for naught.

KIM & JILL - I'm thinking of you as your loss dates are approaching and hoping your days are as peaceful and relaxed as possible.

Have a great day ladies!
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 am

Tif- I'm glad your grandma is doing better, I hope that the surgery got all the cancer...still praying for her.

Allison-Good luck on the GD test next week, I hope no one gets it, the diet is awful! Not that I don't get to eat good food, but you know if you want something you gotta have it and all I want are cookies/cupcakes, oh well only 14 more weeks to go, LOL~!

Amy-Happy belated b-day...hope you had a great one!

HI to EOE, hope everyone makes it on here so we can stay in touch.
qvest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:55 am

I've felt crapy all week. I think that my magic trimester onlly ever goes from 16-24 weeks.
The house has reverted to it's first trimeester mess.

DD has conjunctivitis, and hasn't appreciated eye drops. Fortunately things have improved since the 2nd dose when I had to chase her to the top of the loft bed and sit on her .....
At least now she is on the drops she is a nice kid again. She was feral over the weekend, and I didn't pick what the hugely swollen face meant. She needs asthma meds to (only when she has a cold etc), but I can't find her spacer and keep forgetting to get a new one from the chemist so have to endure her coughing in her sleep.

Sorry to be such a joy germ.

Alison - I'm glad you've made it past your loss point, and can only hope things get better for you from here.

kathy - finger wag! no more moving furniture ok?

Tif - I'm glad your friend is still hanging in there!
I hope your GM is doing ok after the surgery. She sounds like an amazing lady.

Jennifer - I'm glad the GT was 'ok'. I'm dreading mine. I hate sugar, and the drink is foul and sweet.
I'm sorry about the NICU - that must be so hard.

Amy - happy birthday!

kiwi_piwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:00 am

KIM - So sorry to hear that dd has another ailment! I'm glad that she's feeling better, though. Sorry you're feeling bad. I'm starting to feel the same way. I've been throwing up again 1-2x/week. No fun at all! At least there isn't that much more to go!

KATHY - I second Kim's finger wag on moving the furniture, although it did make me smile b/c it was absolutely something that I would do, too!

Have a great day, gals
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 am

Amy - Happy Belated Birthday - you young one! I can't believe 24 was 11 years ago for me.

Tiffany - glad your gm is doing well - I pray she continues to improve and they were able to get all of the cancer. She and your grandpa sound amazing. I loved the pictures you posted on tossed turkeys you are so tiny. And your rooms are perfect. I love your DD room.

Allison - good for you on checking your urine every morning - you sure are on top of things. I'm glad I'm not the only one who would move furniture - but believe me I've learned my leason - I'm still sore and not able to go up steps without pain which means taking my chances with the elevator at work (it gets stuck often).

Quincy - glad your sugars are good. I hope your DS is still enjoying 1st grade. I just signed mine up for Cub Scouts - I think he's a tiger cub - I'll learn the lingo soon - but I'm so excited he wanted to do it.

Kim - I hope you and your daughter both get better soon. And I will not move anymore furniture - I promise.

Jill - Hope you are having a good week.

AFM - This has been a crazy week here at work and now we are preparing for Hurricane Ike. Hopefully it will hit north of us so we are not on the dirty side (tornados) but right now it is not looking good. I heard they are sending us home from work around 12 today and the office will be closed tomorrow. Spring (where I live) is about 20 miles Northwest of Houston - so if I'm not around for a while - I'm sure everything is fine I just probably won't have power and internet access.

My ultrasound yesterday was great. My amniotic fluid is around 13 (so it is up from last time) I just need to continue drinking my water. And Kate weighs 2lb 4oz. She is measuring about 1wk ahead still. The doctor also checked out her spine, heart, brain and stomach - and all was good there too.

Do any of you feel like your baby is jumping - not kicking?
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:22 am

Kathy - I am not that tiny, I am almost 5'9" so I just have a ways to spread it out! At my 24wk appt I had already gained 17 lbs! And I also feel like the baby is jumping at times or just rolling around. But I do not feel very many distinct "kicks". I joke that this baby is lazy. I will feel a couple good movements per day and that is about it. My daughter never stopped moving when I was pregnant with her. And actually, she still doesn't stop moving!

Grandma is doing well. She actually called my grandpa yesterday morning. He said it was difficult to understand her because she has a feeding tube and is on oxygen. But she was coherent enought to make a phone call. They also had her sitting up yesterday which I guess is fast progress the day after surgery. They think she may get out of the ICU a day early and only have to stay in the hospital for a week and a 1/2 instead of 2 weeks.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Jennifer- Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! Iíll be praying for a different outcome for you this time. I hope that you at least get to see Easton. 12 hours is a long time to go w/o your child.
Allison- Please! You are not a grandma! 36 is young.
Quincy- Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes! Hope all is well w/you!!
Kim- I know how you feelÖ except I still havenít had any ďmagicĒ part to this pregnancy. Iím so tired all the time itís sad, really. Iím sorry about dd. I hope she gets better soon!
Kathy- Thanks for the birthday wishes! Iíll be thinking about you during the storms. Be safe, ok? Iím glad that your u/s went well. Sometimes I do feel like theyíre jumping! Itís such an odd sensation.
Tif- Iím glad that your Grandma is doing better. I canít get over how amazing she sounds!
AFM- I know that I'm missing some. My birthday was ok. Robert (dh) was working so we didnít do anything, but I made homemade chicken pot pie! Itís was delicious. I even made the crust from scratch, which I donít like doingÖ My dr appt went well yesterday. Both boys are healthy and right on track for weight. (Oneís 2 lbs, the other is 2 lbs, 4 oz) I met my new dr and she seems nice, although I really wanted to have a m/w again. Iím going to try to post some u/s pics so everyone can see my beautiful boys!
Oh, and we decided on names last night: Nicholas Oliver and Zachary Elliot. What do you think?

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Darn it. I can't get my photobucket account to work! I guess that I'll have to wait to post pictures... Crying or Very sad

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Amy - Love the names!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:40 pm

Jennifer - I am praying still for the hole to close - I hope Easton doesn't have to spend long in NICU.

Amy - I love the names too - great choices

Tiff - You look great! I am glad to hear others babies are moving differently this time. With my boys I remember kicks - with Kate I have really just felt jumps so far.

Allison - Did you get much rain or damage last week from Hanna?

For the most part we are prepared for Hurricane Ike - DH brought in all of our lawn furniture and our generator is ready to go - we've never used it. And I am hoping not to have to this time either. But it is great to be prepared. I spent almost an hour in line at walmart today - trying to get supplies - they were out of D & C batteries, bread and bananas. But somehow I managed to spend over $100 on food and other size batteries. DS is off school tomorrow and I am off work - so we will probably hang out here or at my parents.
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:05 am

Amy- I have a friend who lives in Washington. She is in Lacey (Not sure if that is spelled right) is that anywhere near you? I had M/W with my first 2. Then when I was pg with Brayden i had to see a Dr. because I was caring twins which we lost one very early. I wanted to go back to my M/W but I was considered high risk because of losing one and it could cause problems with the other baby. So I stayed with a Dr. Than with Soren my insurance was different so I had to choose a dr that my insurance covered and I had heard good things about my ob. So I went to him. Good thing because I would have had to change Drs at 30 weeks when the problem was found. Now of course i will always be considered high risk because of the heart problems. I really did like having a M/W! But my Dr now is great. Hope you have a wonderful experience with your Dr.

Tiff Great new about your Grandma! We will keep praying!

I have been having lots of B/H contractions tonight. I am a bit worried. I can't sleep because of it. I don't want to go to the hospital but if they don't stop I may have to go and just be checked. I am having them at least every 10 mins. They are not painful just really uncomfortable. I am going to call my Dr. in the morning even if I don't go in tonight. I always have lots of them (With all my pregnancies) But it seems like to much for right now. If I were further along i wouldn't worry as much but I still have a ways to go! I have had 2 since I have been on here!

Well I had better go lay down and pay attention to how often this is happening.
Jennifer

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next