November/December

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: November/December

Post  tif333 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi Everyone! Ryan is here. He was born 12/10 at 4:52pm and weighed 7lbs, 5oz and was 21 inches long.

I arrived at the hospital at 6am on Wednesday and they started the pitocin around 8:15am. I was contracting all day, but it wasn't very painful at all. I was stalled at 4cm and the nurse said I needed to have my water broken. Unfortunately, my doc was stuck in emergency surgery for most of the day. In AZ, the nurses won't break your water, it has to be your doc to make that decision and to do it. Doc finally arrived around 2:50pm and I was at about 5cm. He broke my water and the contractions got strong almost immediately. I was too afraid to get an epidural - the thought of having a needle and small tube stuck in my spine freaked me out. I was going to get some meds in my IV. But, when my contractions became strong, Ryan's heartrate dropped significantly with every contraction. It was in the 60's during some contractions. They were worried that the IV meds would effect him even more, so I didn't get that either. Things progressed really quickly as soon as they broke my water. He was born at 4:52pm almost 2 hours exactly after they broke my water! I wish they could have done it earlier in the day - I would have had him by 10am! His cord was wrapped around his neck and that is why his heart rate was dropping. He was also sunny side up. The doc was able to turn him right as he was coming out so that his shoulders would come out the right way. We were able to come home from the hospital after about 24 hours. I was so ready to be home!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Jennifer- Iím glad that Easton did well with his circ! What a trooper.
Kathy- Congrats! Iím so happy that little Kate got here safe.
Tif- What a wonderful story! Itís nice that you got to go home so soon.
Allison- Hoaw are you doing?
AFM- I'm sorry that I'm not here very often. The boys keep me pretty busy! We're all doing very well, aside from being tired. I hope that all of you are enjoying your babies as much as I am! Very Happy
Here's some pics: https://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/Amy_Godbey/My%20Boys/
The password is twins (bc I'm very clever Smile ).

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:20 pm

I just realized I never posted the birth story so here it is. I copied and pasted form another page but added a little bit because I feel much closer to all of you than the other page!

I had gone in to preterm labor at 34 weeks. The doctors were able to stop the labor and I was put on bed rest and meds. I was dilated to 3 at this point. I went back in because I was contracting and again they stopped it. I was at 4 now. On Nov 24 I went back because the contraction started again but this time I was at 7 and they could not stop it again. My water had not broke yet and I needed to push so I pushed once to break my water and it broke! I guess because I had to push to break it, it was like a balloon being squeezed. It broke and was like a fire hose when it broke and actually shot across the room and hit the back wall! There were also 2 nurses standing in the line of fire and they were soaked! Looking back it was pretty funny! My husband thinks it is really funny! When my Mom got there she walked in and there were towels all over the floor and she said what happened in here! Easton was born at 9:40 pm. I was in labor about an 1/2 hour and after one push ( After the push to break my water) he was here. I had gestational diabetes, which can make baby's lungs up to two week less mature than normal. Easton could not breath at first so he was taken to the NICU. His heart rate would drop as well at his O2. He also had jaundice due to him being bruised pretty bad because he came out so fast. He stayed in the NICU for 3 days at that time he was doing well and was able to come home. He came home on thanksgiving. That was the the best Thanksgiving ever! He is doing well now and is a perfect baby. I will post pictures on my profile of him. (babycenter.com profile)

Jennifer

JenniferShafer

View user profile http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Wow - a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for your healthy and beautiful rainbow babies!!! cheers I've been reading your birth stories and looking at the pics...you all have such pretty babies. I'm so happy for you all! Congrats!!! (Jess had her baby too - he's a cutie! Sounds like he had to be in the NICU for a while, but is home and doing well I think)
hope_of_hevn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for updating everyone Jill..

Yes we got home last week and we were in the NICU an hour and a half from our house for 9 days.. he was transferred to a bigger NICU after his birth...

We are home now and he is doing well.

He got weighed on Friday and has gained he was 6 pounds 1 ounce on Friday.

Congrats to everyone who has delivered. I am so happy for you..

BE back soon..

Jess

mom2miracles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:00 am

Hi girls

No I didn't drop off the face of the earth. Just got lost when the new thread started.

Nothing to report. I'm still in one piece, 6 days to go.

I'm mainly ready, just need to enthuse my husband to stop playing halflife and do the rest of the stuff on the pre-baby list.

I've been remarkably good through the 3rd trimester. I'm still getting stuff done / taking DD to the pool etc, rather than lying around groaning with SPD as I was with DD.

Congratulations on all the babies. I'm going to go and read back through the threads now.

kiwi_piwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:20 am

Hi girls

No I didn't drop off the face of the earth. Just got lost when the new thread started.

Nothing to report. I'm still in one piece, 6 days to go.

I'm mainly ready, just need to enthuse my husband to stop playing halflife and do the rest of the stuff on the pre-baby list.

I've been remarkably good through the 3rd trimester. I'm still getting stuff done / taking DD to the pool etc, rather than lying around groaning with SPD as I was with DD.

Congratulations on all the babies. I'm going to go and read back through the threads now.

kiwi_piwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Looks like everyone is as busy as I am! I miss you girls. Tomorrow is my 1 year angelversary and I'm pretty nervous about how well I'm going to handle it. I thought that after the birth of the boys it wouldn't phase me as much but I can't stop thinking about how I should have a 6 month old daughter...
Anyway, all is well other than that. Nicholas and Zachary got circ'd today and are pretty fussy, but that's to be expected. They have gained back all the weight they lost and then some so breastfeeding is going well. Matthew is great with his brothers. I hope that everyone has a great Christmas! Very Happy

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Amy: Mine is coming up on Jan. 17th... I hope your angels 1 year anniversary was gentle on you!! *hugs* sounds like the boys are doing great. Have you posted pictures yet? Did I miss them
??

Seems like we are all so busy right now. I know I am. 3 boys is crazy busy in our house. LOL I love it though and would not change it for the world. Baby Will is gaining good. He seems to be about 7 pounds now. He will be 1 month tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone is well...

Jess

mom2miracles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:56 am

Hey everyone!

How are you all doing? Things are good here. We are having weight gain issues but other than that not to bad. Easton had droped to below 7 pounds and still is not gaining yet. My milk supply is just not enough. I have tried everything to increase it. Special teas, meds from the Doc, a beer (YUCK I had a hard time with that one, but the doctor said somethng in the beer could help stimulate the milk supply), Yesterday I got a hospital grade pump so I ill be pumping for 15 minutes after he eats then again an hour after he eats. For now I nurse him then give him formula till he is full. Hopefully the pumping will work and I can stop the formuls feeds.

Here are some pics of Easton. Hope you all can check them out. He is such a cutie!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=7bcd2790c10049c3812ebf&skin_id=4&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Happy New Year, please keep us in your prayers Soren's first Birthday is on the 2nd. We are taking a meal to the families at Ronald McDonald House in his memory. It will be a hard day. I miss him so much.

JenniferShafer

View user profile http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi ladies and happy new year!

AMY - (((HUGS))) on the angelversary. Glad to hear that the boys are doing well. I was unable to open the pictures.

JESS - Your house sounds crazy! I'm losing my mind a little with one child, so I can only imagine...

JENNIFER - (((HUGS))) on Soren's birthday. Tomorrow is my dh's birthday, but I'm going to put a candle for Soren on the cake, too. I hope it's gentle on you. I have the opposite problem. My supply is fine, but Kannon is too small to latch. He'll only latch with a nipple shield. I'm hoping as he gets older he'll learn.

AFM - Kannon is 6 1/2 lbs as of Monday! He had gained 2 lbs in 3 weeks. I'm tired and going a little stir crazy, but it's so nice to have my baby here. Christmas day was very bittersweet - it was the 1 year anniversary of Dashiell's death (and when I delivered him). I was alternately joyful and so sad. I couldn't help imagining what this Christmas would have been like if he had been here. I hope you all have a great 2009. I'll try to be better about checking in!
Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:59 am

Hi ladies.

Jennifer- I hope yesterday was as easy as possible on you. Thought about you and said a little prayer.

Amy- I tried to open your pics and couldn't.

It's been crazy here, Camden is doing great and is a wonderful baby. I have been having some post c-sec problems (tenderness in the lower abdomen), I have a dr appt on Thursday, so I will ask the doc what that is about. I will try to post more than I have been and post pics asap. Happy New Year to all.
qvest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3