January- Happy New Year!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: January- Happy New Year!

Post  tif333 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:08 am

Where is everyone? Is anyone even reading anymore? Well, Ryan is starting to sleep through the night! He slept 8.5 hours last night. He has slept through all but 1 night for the past week and a half. I noticed that he would sleep if I was holding him, on my bed, or on his nursing pillow. My mom told me to try putting one of my worn shirts in his bassinet that has my scent so he'd feel like I was near him. She must be a genious because that was the first night he slept so well. My kid is sleeping with dirty laundry, but he's actually sleeping! LOL Hope you are all doing well and to hear from you soon!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:16 pm

That is so funny! Sleeping with dirty laundry! I have the opposite problem. Easton likes to sleep in his bed. He doesn't like to go to sleep with me holding him. He likes to be laid in his bed so he can go to sleep on his own. I wish he would lay on my chest or shoulder and sleep so I could hold him. It really makes it hard when we are out. He has been better about sleeping in the car seat though. So I take it with me everywhere.
Easton is really getting big. He has outgrown 2 of his newborn outfits now. He is getting so cute and chubby!
Here are some Pictures from Feb. 24th.
http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/JenniferShafer/Easton/

JenniferShafer

View user profile http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 am

Jennifer - He is adorable! I think that is not a bad problem to have - that he wants to put himself to sleep. Ryan will only fall asleep with me holding him. As a matter of fact, he wants to be held all the time regardless of if he's awake or asleep. Because he's probably my last baby, I like to hold him a lot. But, it makes it really hard to get anything else done or to spend time with Kaitlyn. He is getting to be such a chubbo! He weighed 13lbs, 8oz and was 25" long at his 2 month appt. He was in the 90th% for weight and 97th% for height! Here is a pic of him at 2 mos. It was taken a couple weeks ago and I think he's gotten even more chubby since then. But it is the most recent pic I have on the computer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Ryan is so cute! I just love the blue and brown combination on boys! I think it looks really good on Easton also. Those little puckered up lips look like they are ready to give Mommy a kiss! Too cute!

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks! He does have really full lips. (unfortunately) I think the girls are gonna love them someday... My DH has very kissable lips also Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi everyone! Easton is getting so big! He now weighs 14 and a 1/4 lb and is 23 and 1/4 in. And personally I think he just gets cuter every day! Things are going great. No problems at all! Here is a link to see some new pictures of him.
http://s479.photobucket.com/albums/rr151/JenniferShafer/Easton/?albumview=slideshow

Hope you all are also doing well!
Jennifer

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 am

My Dad was in a really bad car accident. He has a broken ankle, a bruised lung, a pnemo thorax, 7 broken ribs, and 2 broken cervical vertebrae (c2,c3). He is in so much pain. Please pray for him.

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Hey everyone! I would love you see new pics of everyone's little ones! Easton is not so little anymore! He weighs over 14 lbs! He has his 4 Mon check up on the 26th and I am excited to find out exactly how much he weighs now! He is my chunky monkey! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday. He now sits up from a reclined position so we have to be very careful. The first time he did this he was laying back on the bobby pillow and he sat up and then fell forward and did a face plant in to the crib mattress! At least it was a soft surface! He loves his bouncer but I am scared to put him in it with out being right next to him because I think he could tip it over if he falls forward.
Hope everyone is doing well.

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer on Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:12 am

Easton now weighs 15 lbs and 2 oz! He is 24 1/2 in long! He is getting so big!!!!! How are your LOs?

JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi ladies!

Sorry I have been so absent. Before I give you my update, let me say how adorable all of your babies are!!!! I love seeing the pictures.

It has been a rough year. ON January 14, I learned that I was losing my job. I worked for American Express. They eliminated 10,000 jobs and mine was one of them. It was a complete shock and what's worse is that since we were planning on dh staying at home, he had no job either. He's temping now, though. On top of that, my back injury got worse very quickly. By February 3, I could not walk. Long story short, I had back surgery on 2/17. I was unable to pick Kannon up for over 8 weeks. Now, I finally can, but I really have to take it easy, as I'm still healing. Now that I'm better, I can really start the job search. We're looking here in NYC, but also in other cities as well. Going through all that we've been through made us realize how not being near family is a huge disadvantage right now. My father in law (God bless him) came and stayed with us for a total of 3 weeks (2 weeks mid-Feb & 1 week min-March) to help with the baby. I needed someone with me 24 hours a day and could never be alone with Kannon. Mind you, FIL stayed with us in our studio apartment - all 4 of us + my dog in one room. I thought it would be awful, but it was a godsend.

Kannon had his 4 month on 4/2. He weighs 12lb 7 1/2 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. He's between the 5%-10% for weight and 25% for height. He's catching up! When he was born, he was only in the 2% for weight.

Here are a few recent pics of my baby boy.

I hope you all are well!!!

Dashiell'sMom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Jennifer- Praying for your dad... Easton is getting so big!!!
Allison- Kannon is too cute! I'm so sorry for all that you've been through.

Hi to all I missed!

AFM- Matthew will be 3 on the 21st. Our 4th anniversary is on the 18th... Nicholas and Zachary both are rolling over, scooting and just starting to sleep through the night. I know that I haven't been very good about posting. It just seems like somebody needs me all the time. I'm pooped!!!
Dh will be deploying, probably in June, to Afganistan. He's going to be gone 1 year. He will be going to a pretty much untouched area and is part of the first group to go with a Stryker. (Basically a tank, but bigger.) Army Times published an article saying that they're expecting 68% casualties. (I don't know how they came to that number, other than the Stryker thing is an experiment....) I'm scared out of my mind. I'm still planning on moving back home to be with family. That should help a little.
So that's all here! I'm going to try harded to check in and I'll post pics asap.

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi! I missed you all! This will be quick because Ryan is crying for me (being held by daddy). But he is HUGE! Last weigh in he was 15.5 lbs and 27" long. No, that wasn't a typo, the kid is twenty-seven inches long! I will post pics tomorrow now that I know others are checking in and I'm not talking to myself. Razz

Allison - Hi! I'm sorry about the back problems and loss of your job. But I am so happy for you that you have such a beautifuly healthy baby. He really is adorable.

Jennifer - Hello to you too. I have been remembering your dad in my prayers. How is he doing? Easton is getting so big!

Amy - I can't imagine why your so busy! LOL I am busy with one older child and one baby. You've got two babies to care for! That is so scary about Dh being deployed. Keep us posted on that too.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:13 am

Jennifer and Tiffany - You guys all have such big babies. I love chubby babies.

Allison - I'm so sorry about your job and back - Kannon is adorable.

Amy - I'll be praying for you and your husband - that % is so scary. I'm glad you are going to be moving near family. Did you pick a place yet. Last time I checked you had it narrowed to 2.

AFM - I've been back at work for a week and it is going ok. I am getting back into the swing of things and very thankful to have a job. There have been layoffs here at my company. Kate is 12lb, 8oz - she is recovering from her first cold. I guess she picked it up in daycare last week. Today is Luke's birthday - he is 7. I can't believe how fast time is going. Kate is at KidsRKids a daycare with a camera so I can view her. It has really helped with my anxiety about leaving her.
Mom-to-Luke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 pm

So nice to come back and see more posts!

Tif- Ryan is so big!!! That's just amazing. I'll be sure to keep you all up to date on the deployment stuff.

Kathy- Kate's getting really big too. That daycare sounds wonderful. Tell Luke happy birthday! Are you doing anything special? I still haven't picked a place, mostly bc I don't know whne I'm moving yet... Gotta love the Army!

AFM- Both little ones are napping right now and Matthew is playing quietly... I think that someone switched my kids with quiet ones! Lol... I guess I should do some much needed housework. (I really don't feel like it!)

QOTW- Are you planning on doing a garden this spring/summer?

AOTW- I'm thinking about it, but I tend to kill everything that I try to grow. The summer before last I completely messed up bamboo. I forgot to water it and kept it in the sun (oops!) and it was almost white by the time I remember it... I need some idiot-proof plants! Very Happy

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm starting a new thread. It's not January anymore! tongue

Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content