Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Thread

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summer Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Thread

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 pm

KATHY (and anyone else on facebook) feel free to friend me. I'd love to get back in touch with Jill. My name is Allison Mayne Peters. Just let me know you're from this board, since I don't know anybody's last names!

AMY - Please check in when you can. I'm sure your hands are full. I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your dh & family every day.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Allison - I am on facebook (Tiffany Creek). I will look you up! I loved the pics. He looks so happy and is the carbon copy of his daddy! I thought Ryan looked exactly like my husband until I saw the pics of your DH and Kannon. They really do look so much alike! It is adorable!

Kathy - I can't look you up since I don't know your last name. But you can add me. Also, tell Jill we miss her and to stop by and say hello one of these days!

Amy - Hi!

Speaking of people who are missing - are you still around Jennifer?

AFM: Ryan is finally sleeping through the night. He goes to bed around 7:30pm and wakes up around 6am. He also has 4 teeth and 2 more on the way! He got his bottom front teeth first. Then he got the 2 teeth on the top next to his front teeth. What are they called? Canines? He looks like a little vampire though! His 2 top front teeth are right under the skin though. They will poke through any day now I'm sure.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh, also you all remember Hollie who lost baby Cameron when her water broke very early, right? Well she just had a baby girl yesterday! Her name is Allie and she was 2 weeks early but weighed 7lbs, 10oz (if I remember correctly!!) Cameron's angelversary is this Friday so she was really worried she would have the baby that day or be in the hospital. She is going to do a butterfly and balloon release at Cameron's memorial site. Now Cameron's baby sister will be able to be there with them.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:06 am

Tiffany - Thanks for the wonderful news on Hollie... I could not be happier for her. I can't believe it has been a whole year since Cameron died.
I'm glad Ryan is sleeping through the night. I can't believe he has so many teeth. Kate still just has the 2 on the bottom. I think she is about to sit up on her own... last night she put a toy in her mouth and tried to push herself with her hands up to sitting position. She made it when she held on to my hand... I'm not sure that counts yet. But it was so cute the way she kept her toy with her.

Allison - next time i'm on facebook I will add you and tiffany. My name is Kathy Kikis Liddle

I'm really distracted today - my husband was laid off from his job and just found out today. I've pulled Luke from his summer program and Kate's last day at daycare is going to be tomorrow. I really felt comfortable with her there. I could use some prayers...
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:32 am

Kathy - I am so sorry to hear about your DH's job. Does he get a decent severance package to carry you guys through until he gets another job? What industry is he in? I hope he finds something quickly. That is such a stressful situation that unfortunately so many people are in right now. Once DH goes back to work will you be able to take Kate back to the same daycare?
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks Tiffany - unfortunantly no DH did not get any severence. It sounds like the company is going under. Luckily we should be ok for a while on my pay + the daycare savings. This summer we were paying about 350 a week for both kids. When I spoke with kate's daycare director it sounded like since she will be in the next classroom by the time she would go back there would be room for her. If not they try to make space for family that have used them before. So I'm not as worried about that. I was very comfortable with her being at that school and my being able to see her via video whenever I wanted. I know being home with her dad is good but I'm a little uneasy given our past loss and the timing being so close to Kate turning the same age as Jake.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 am

Have your DH send you video via cell phone! Do you remember Beth (TN)? She found out today that she is being laid off too. Sucky day for everyone apparently...
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Tiffany - I do remember Beth - that is such a shame. With this economy it is really scary. I just added you on FB - at first I was afraid I might have picked the wrong Tiffany Creek - there were a few. Then I saw that Allison was your friend and figured it must be you. I love your profile picture.

Allison - are you still looking for a job?
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Kathy - I'm diggin' the FB prom pics! LOL
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks Tiffany - we all had such big 90's hair and almost all of us had dresses with sequins. Crazy... what a time!

Well today is Kate's last day at school - I was sad taking her today. I know it will be nice for her to be home with her daddy but I'm still anxious about it. We need to baby proof the house this weekend.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:52 am

I miss you guys - where is everyone? I guess you are all busy. I thought I'd put out a QOTD or QOTW...

QOTW: What is your baby's favorite food? Are any of them eating finger foods? I can't remember if this has been asked yet so please bear with me.

AOTW: Kate seems to like sweet potatoes the best... and hasn't started finger foods. I have some gerber star puffs (i'm not sure what it is called) - but on the package it says the baby should be crawling and pulling up before it starts on it. So she hasn't had them yet.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:35 pm

AOTD: Ryan is eating a lot of foods now. He eats the little star puffs. He really likes bananas the best though. He eats just about every fruit in those little mesh teether bag things. I cut up little pieces of banana, peach, cantelope and blueberries and froze them. I just put them frozen in the little mesh teether and he loves them. I think they feel good on his gums since they are so cold. He also has started eating green beans and carrots that are steamed until they are mushy. He seems to like them so much better than the baby food vegis. He has also tasted biscuits, pasta (plain with no sauce or anything), boiled chicken and ham. I have been so much more relaxed on letting him try foods than I was with Kaitlyn! I stuck strictly to the books with her. She didn't eat any finger foods until right around her 1st birthday! I introduced them in the recommended order and everything. With him, I make sure to only let him try one new thing per week so I can make sure there are no allergy issues. But he's tried so many things already!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Tiffany for all the great food ideas. Kate just started crawling on Friday so she now qualifies to eat them. I gave her some on Saturday and was surprised that when I put them in her hand they did not go straight to her mouth. I actually had to put them in her mouth for her. So we are going to start finger foods now.

How many teeth does Ryan have now? Kate appears to be getting her 3rd tooth. It always makes me sad when the gummy baby grin goes away.

Amy, Allison and Jennifer - I hope all is fine with your families... I miss you guys.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm

He has 5 teeth already! His other top front tooth is about to poke through too, so he will have 6 soon. He looks so funny with a mouth full of choppers!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Tiffany - I love your pictures on FB. Kate just started crawling, she isn't all over the place yet but she is starting to explore.

I saw an update from Jennifer on her caringbridge site but haven't seen anything from Amy or Allison. I hope they are ok.

Jill says hi!
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:45 pm

This is becoming the all Kathy and Tiffany all the time channel! LOL The last 15 or so posts have all been from us! Tell Jill I said hello too. She should stop by and post some pics. I'd love to see her little princess.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:36 pm

I thought I posted something earlier but I don't see it here - I wonder if I just previewed it??? Oh well... I guess I will try to remember what I wrote...

Tiffany - you are right - I wonder where everyone is. I enjoy keeping in touch with you here and hope the other join us again soon. I can get on here easier from work than I can FB - we are blocked from FB at work so I have to jump through a few hoops to get on.

I will tell Jill you said hello and remind her of the link to this site. Her daughter is beautiful...

Did your DH find out if you guys will need to move? I thought you were finding out a while ago but didn't remember seeing anything more about it. My DH is kind of looking for a job but says it is hard to get things done with 2 kids. Maybe he will have more time when Luke starts second grade on the 24th. Right now - I think it is sweet that he spends time playing with Luke during Kate's naps instead of trying to get things done.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:50 pm

He should find out today or tomorrow about Tucson. He interviewed on Monday and the interview went really well. He is fairly certain he will get an offer, but it just depends on if they are going to offer enough $$ to make it worth our while to move.

Are you breastfeeding at all? If so are your periods regular? I had one 7 weeks ago and nothing since. I have been feeling all crampy and bloated for about a week now, but AF hasn't shown. It is driving me nuts. I did a pg test this morning just to be sure and it was negative. I knew it would be because we've been careful, but I just wanted to make sure. I hate being all crampy and my lower back hurts... I wish AF would show up so I can feel some relief! It is driving me so CRAZY!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:06 pm

I hope your DH job turns out the way you guys want it to. Please keep me posted. I know you don't really want to move. And I don't blame you.

I stopped breastfeeding about 5 months ago and started back pretty regular - I never had a period during the 3 months I was BF. I'll ask my sister tonight - she is still pumping some. We are going to visit my dad at the hospital after work. He was admitted yesterday for dehydration and they are keeping him for a while because he has a bowel obstruction. Hopefully it will correct itself and not require surgery.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 am

I talked to my sister last night - she hasn't had a period while she has been BF. And she is down to pumping 2x a day - she says she gets about 20oz for the twins. They were born Dec 23. I'm so proud of her to have kept this up for so long - I quit when I was having to supplement all the time after trying to BF for 45min. I wish I was still doing it. Good for you!
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for asking your sister for me! I'm sure hormones are just still out of whack because I am BF. It is just frustrating not knowing when/if AF will show up!

I'mm sorry your dad is in the hospital. Have you gotten any more news on if he will require surgery or not? Is he still in the hospital?
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks - my dad is still in the hospital. He may get to come home tomorrow depending on the test from today. They still aren't sure what is causing his obstruction. He looked a lot better yesterday when we saw him. We are going camping this weekend but we will be really close. Only about 45 minutes from home and actually closer to the hospital. I'm bringing a second car in case I need to leave early.

I hope your hormones straighten out soon. I hate not knowing when AF is coming.

I am so glad Kate is just past the age Jake was when he died. I've been kind of anxious about it. I had duke checking on her every 15 minutes during her naps the last few days.

I got some of those mesh feeder things you were talking about. I need to wash them and freeze some food for her. I hope she likes it as much as Ryan does. She is finally getting the stars in her mouth. For a while she just had them in her fist and couldn't get them in her mouth. i guess we need to practice with more finger foods. Does Ryan use a sippy cup at all?

Well I will be back on Sunday - have a great weekend!
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Ahhh! the internet just ate my post. DH just accepted the Tucson job. My head is spinning. I really didn't think they'd offer him enough money. But they did and also a relocation bonus that we can use for deposits. I am not looking forward to moving. And I am not looking forward to living in a rented house when I own one I really love in the phoenix area. I am also not looking forward to the idea of someone else renting my home... I am shaking!

I am glad that Kate is past that age too. I know it must feel like a relief for you. I hope they are able to find out why your dad has a blockage and fix it soon! Ryan tries to use a sippy now. He knows how to get the water out but then drools it all over himself instead of swallowing it. I tried with my milk I pumped and he did a little better. But he won't take a bottle at all either, so it doesn't really surprise me.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am

Wow - I can't believe you guys are moving. I'm not sure what to say... is it temporary? Is that why you are renting houses? When do you have to move?

My dad is in surgery now so my train of thought and concentration is shot.

So you are exclusively BFing Ryan -- that is great. I'm sorry he won't take a bottle though that must make things difficult. I wish I could have BF Kate longer but I couldn't and didn't so I have to just let it go.

We used the mesh food feeder with Kate this weekend with an ice cube... she loved it. Now I just have to buy some fruit to freeze.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Tiffany - just a quick update - my dad is out of surgery and they didn't find an obstruction. So they think it is fixing itself.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next