Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

September Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:48 pm

Hello everyone,
I just got back from a Halloween party at Ronald McDonald House. It was nice to see all the staff that was so nice to us while we stayed there. But at the same time it brings back so many emotions and memories. It was bittersweet to be there again. The kids had a great time. They had pumpkin decorating, and they made monster hands (A plastic glove they put a candy corn in each finger so it looked like a finger nail, then filled the rest up with popcorn, We have made them at many party we have hosted and the kids always love it!) they had bobbing for apples (yuck! all the spit from so many different kids!) But it was so fun to watch! They had so many things for the kids to do. They also gave all the kids a brand new really nice Halloween costume! My kids loved looking through them and choosing one. The whole way home they were trying to decide which costume to wear tomorrow. I also met another mom who stayed at RMH who was there just after me. Her son also died from HLHS, like Soren. Soren had a more complex problem because his heart was formed strange even on the good side, and he also had DORV and PS. her son lived 2 months and a few days. He died the day he was placed on the transplant list. I wish that they could find why this happened so no child or parent has to go through this.

Hope you all have a great Halloween!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry I've been MIA. Even though I'm on bed rest, I've still been keeping busy. I'm excited, though because we set our induction date yesterday. I'll be having an amnio on 12/1 to test for lung function & provided all goes well, I'll be induced on 12/2. My bp is getting slightly higher, but my doc feels that if they stay where they are, I'll make it to December. Yesterday was a little rough - seeing all the parents with their kids. That was supposed to be us with our 5 1/2 month old this year. I'm just hoping that it's us next year.

TIFFANY - Thanks for sending Jennel your prayers. Her water broke and they're trying to hold the babies as long as they can. She'll be able to, as long as she does not get an infection. The thought of her having potentially 3 stillbirths in 11 months is unbearable to me.

JESS - I'm doing ok, just resting and trying to keep my bp down! Luckily, I've not had to go back to the hospital so far. I'm hoping that you make it as long as you can!

Hi to Amy, Kim, Beth, Quincy, Kathy & eoe that my pg brain is forgetting!!!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:34 pm

Today is Sorens 10 month birthday. I can't believe he would be 10 months old. I miss him so much I thought things would get easier but not yet. I still miss him just as much as the first day.

Friday at NST my BP was up again. 149/99 I had to lay on my left side for over an hour and they keep re-checking it. Finally they said it had come down some so they let me go. Please pray it stays down. I don't want it to be a concern. Hope you all had a great Halloween!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:18 am

Allison - How exciting that you set your induction date. Only one month left to go! I should be induced around the 8-11th. Sometime that week. But I don't know when my doc will set the exact date. Is your friend still hanging in there? How long do they think they can keep the baby in now that her water has broken? Is there any time limit on it, or is it just as long as she doesn't get any infections?

Jennifer - I'm sorry your blood pressure was up again this weekend and that you had a rough time on Soren's bday. I can't even pretend to know how you feel, but please know that I'm thinking of you and sending hugs your way!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Allison- I’ll keep Jenell in my prayers… That’s so scary! How exciting to have the date! I can’t believe how close we all are.
Quincy- I’m so glad that your shower went well!
Jill- That’s such good news that everything seems to be going well for you… You’re going to be the most wonderful mother! Try not to be too nervous.
Jennifer- Yay for Easton being head down! That Halloween party sounds like it was really fun. Big ((hugs)) for Soren’s anniversary.. Hope that you’re doing alright…
Kim- Glad that your ‘not a shower’ was fun!
Kathy- I’m so happy to hear that you’re feeling better.
Jess- Nov. 26th I’ll be 38 weeks. How exciting that you’re c-section is scheduled!
Hi to everyone else! Smile
AFM- I know that I’ve been terrible about keeping up w/all of you… It seems like I’m so busy most of the time. (And always tired!) I think about you ladies a lot though.
Anyway, my appt went well last Friday. I had a couple contractions that were very uncomfortable, but I think it had something to do with the position that they make me lay in during the NST. I’m getting HUGE… My poor dh had to get new t-shirts bc I stole all of his and stretched them out… Lol..
Halloween was really fun. This was the first year that Matthew was able to knock on doors and actually say “trick-or-treat”. He was dressed as Tigger, which he loved. (Oh, and he has so much candy…. I’ve only given him 2 pieces of it so far. Mean mommy!) And we’ve really started working on potty-training. He’s doing much better this time than last time. I think that the break was good for both of us.
I think that’s pretty much it! I have another NST appt on Weds. Btw, did I mention that my MIL is coming up to stay w/us starting the 16th? We don’t have any family around and she wants to help. Dh is not thrilled, but I think it will be nice to have the help, especially if I end up getting a c-section.
Ok, that’s definitely all. Happy Monday, ladies!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:26 am

JENNIFER - I hope your bp goes down. Mine was up pretty high on Saturday (145/102), but dropped later in the day. (((Hugs))) on Soren's anniversary. Do you see or talk to a therapist at all? I started seeing someone back in February before I got pg again. I still have phone sessions once weekly and it really helps me just to talk about it. It sounds like you've been having such a rough time, I just thought that maybe it would help you. I hope you don't take that the wrong way! I only mention it b/c it has been so helpful to me.

AMY - That's so nice that your MIL is coming to stay with you. Good for ds for potty training. Can you post a pic of him as tigger? It sounds so cute!

TIFFANY - Thanks for asking about Jenell. She is still pregnant, but it's not looking good. In spite of it all, she has been remarkably calm. She has been keeping a blog: http://robnjenstwins.blogspot.com/ where she posts once a day. I know she'd welcome more people reading it and rooting for her.

AFM - I'm going to try to vote around 11am. I figure the line (which is currently wrapped around the block) may be shorter after people go to work. Being NYC, I doubt anyone will let a pregnant lady cut in front! I was up all night thinking about this election. I'm so anxious to see the results!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 pm

I still can't get my darn photobucket account to let me edit my photos! Here's a link to my account... https://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/Amy_Godbey/10/ Hopefully that will work so all of you can see Matthew and my (huge) belly! Very Happy
My next appt is on Friday and I'm not too excited. I hate sitting there for an hour for the NST. Usually, it's longer bc the nurses forget about me. I feel bad for Matthew bc he has to come with me and I know it's really boring. Grr.. Have a great election day, ladies!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:07 am

AMY - I tried the link, but you need a password to view anything!

Just wanted to pass along a quick update on Jennel. She delivered both of her baby girls yesterday and they are both now in heaven with their sister. I'm heartbroken and can't believe that she will have had to bury 3 children in the span of less than 11 months. Please keep her and her husband Rob in your prayers. On top of that all, the birth story was horrific. To have physical pain on top of everything is so cruel.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am

Allison - I am so sorry to hear about your friend. There are some girls on my other thread who keep up with her and posted today that her babies didn't make it. I didn't realize it was the same person until I saw the blog link you posted (which they also posted on the other thread). I didn't read it though now that I know the heartbreaking outcome. I just don't think I could right now. But I am still praying for her. I can't even begin to imagine how that would feel...
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Allison - I was so sad to read about Jennel and Rob's twins this morning. I felt like I knew them after reading their blog yesterday. I am praying for them too. I can't imagine their pain.
Were you able to vote yesterday? I heard they don't have early voting in NY - I'm glad they had it here in Texas. Even though I had to wait in line for 25 minutes to vote 2 weeks ago (they didn't let the pregnant woman cut here either). My grandma said they let her - and offered to loan me her walker. I also wanted to let you know I agree with you about the therapist. I think mine has really helped me a lot. I was a mess in January or February when I started seeing her. I feel like I've made a lot of progress since then.

Jennifer - I hope your bp goes back down. How are you doing with your JD? My sister goes in for the 3 hour glucose test tomorrow.

Amy - what great news about your MIL coming to stay - I'm hope once she gets here DH will appreciate it. I was prompted for a password when I tried to view your pictures - i'd love to see them.

I'm signing off for the night - I'll try to catch up more tomorrow.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:39 pm

Hey ladies!

It's been awhile. I have been super busy at work, fall and winter are crazy in home health. I have been trying to get all my house stuff done...I am so afraid baby Camden is coming early. One good thing is I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done, I surprised myself.
I took Connor to the eye doc today and he needs reading glasses, boy does he look cute! My NST yesterday went well, I do enjoy laying down for about an hour and watching Ellen, when I should be working, LOL!

Question: I want to keep track of everybody's C-section/induction dates...if you already know the day will you let me know so I don't forget anyone...thx in advance. My scheduled induction is Dec 17, only 41 more days to go!!
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm sorry that I forgot to post the password! It's amy10-08.

Allison- I can't believe that Jennel is going through that again... I'll keep her in my prayers.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:55 am

Amy - What a cute belly. Except, I think mine is as big as yours and I only have one in there! Smile

Okay, so my husband has been working toward a branch manager position for quite a while now. He has been offered several positions out of state, but we don't want to move. There are only a handful of branches in AZ (4-5) so it was looking like it wouldn't happen for him for several years. Well, his district manager was just promoted yesterday. The branch manager of the largest branch wants to apply for the district manager position. That would mean the huge branch would need a new manager. The current branch manager said that if he gets the district position, he wants my husband to go for the branch manager position. There are a lot of factors that have to play out first. The current manager has to actually get the district position first. Then my husband would try for the branch position. The only thing is that it is one of the 3 largest branches in the country so we're not sure they'd actually hire him for that position. Okay, now I'm babbling on but basically, I really hope that this works out for him. It would be a huge raise and solve all of our financial issues! Not to mention the fact that it has been a goal he's been working really hard on for several years now. We won't know anything for a couple months, but keep your fingers crossed for us!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi girls, sorry I've been mia for so long.

Allision - I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.
Tiff - good luck for your husbands job move

I'm doing ok, 32 week scan looked just fine (no sign of CP cysts or side efect any more, luid good, growth on 52nd %ile, which is huge for me.)

DD has kindergarten orientation for next 2 weeks, then our special 1/2 days for the following 4 weeks. Walking the 2 blocks to school is currently killing me, but will be good exercise once bub is here.

I've had a big nesting phase, but I think I'm now finished, except needing to build a desk for the living room. I think once i've done that I'm tone. Today I didn' really make it out of bed. Thank goodness DH does so well with DD. They did the grocery shopping and went to a book shop so I could sleep.

48 more days (assuming this one is on time like DD - yeah, right).

Hang in their ladies.

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:08 am

For those of you who remember Jena (she posted on this board at the beginning but stopped posting when she miscarried her Dec. baby). She just had another miscarriage Crying or Very sad She is really upset and confused as to why this keeps happening. She actually deleted her account on the other board I am on. But she is friends IRL with another girl on there, so her friend just updated everyone. Please send positive thoughts her way.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:25 am

Allison: I do not know much about your friend. I have not been around much lately. However I am so sorry she is going through this and again I read. My heart aches for them. how far along was she? That poor family!!!!
How are you?

Amy: I am off to see those pictures right now.... can't wait...

Hope your all hanging in there. So said about Jena.. that is awful... I just do not get it..
we have had a loss on the new BBC recently and they both broke my heart. It scares me to death. I will be much better when all of us have delivered.
I am 33 weeks and 5 days and my scheduled c/section is 5 weeks away ...dec. 19th...

Hope everyone is well
Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 am

Allison: I just found the blog that you posted and read it.... wow. That is horrible. It just makes me cry......

Jess Sad

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:01 pm

AMY - Love the pics! I hope you're hanging in there!

QUINCY - Good to hear from you. It sounds like you're starting to get everything together. We're still not buying anything - just superstitious.

JESS - Jenell's story is horrible. I can't believe that she will have had to bury 3 baby girls in less than 11 months. I saw the loss on the Dec board yesterday and it did rattle me, but I keep reminding myself that I know lots of other people that have had losses even later, but I know far more people that have had happy endings. I'll be very relieved once we all have our rainbow babies.

AFM - I was back in l & d yesterday. I wasn't feeling the baby move and my bp spiked. All of my labs came back fine and the baby was moving fine, too. I guess s/he must have been in a weird position. Friday at my appt, we discovered that the abdomen is measuring my smaller than the rest of the baby. They're concerned (but not overly so) that my bp may be affecting the blood flow to the placenta. Now I have to go 2x a week for bpps. We're also doing another 24 hour urine collection today. If the bpp scores start to get lower, they will deliver me. Either way, only 22 days from today at the latest! I'm going to try to attach the latest 3d pics from Friday:

September Thread - Page 10 Baby3-1

September Thread - Page 10 Baby1-2

September Thread - Page 10 Baby2-1
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 pm

TIFFANY - I forgot to add, thanks for posting about Jena. I have thought of her often. I'm just heartbroken for her. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Allison - What adorable ultrasound pics! They took a LONG time to load on my computer for some reason, but are so cute it was worth the wait Very Happy Do you have any gut instinct on what you think the baby will be (boy/girl)?
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Today a friend of ours had her baby. She was not due till March. The baby weighed a bit over a pound. Amazingly he was breathing on his own! Please pray for them and the baby ( He does not have a name yet, they were told he was a girl and now they have to find a name!) They were told that he would have a 5 % chance of survival if born now.

Sorry I have not been around much. Things have been very busy! My sister got married on Saturday and we all were in the wedding. I am glad it is over. It was so much work and I tried to help my mom prepare as much as I could.

Sorry to hear about some of the problems some of your friends are having. They will be in my prayers.

I am now 35 weeks! Yea! Contraction are getting worse! I started to have them about 5 every half hour tonight. I am hoping I can just hold off till my appt in the morning but it they come any closer I will be going to L&D. BP today has been around 148/90. A bit to high and I am swelling like crazy. I hope it does not get worse.

I will catch up on personals later. I am going to bed now.
Talk to you all later.
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

September Thread - Page 10 Empty hi all!

Post  kelly k Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:09 am

Hi all, I haven't been posting but I check in every couple of days to see how you're all doing and you're always in my thoughts and prayers. We're so close to the end! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm thinking about you, I had my 37 week appt yesterday and I'm 3cm with a very thin cervix and a bulging bag of waters so it could be any day now!! I'm so scared but so ready, I'm sure we all feel the same way but the closer I get to the end the more nervous I get that something is going to happen, I just want him out here!! Best of luck to you all!!!

Kelly K

kelly k

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 am

Kelly - Woo hoo! It looks like you'll be the first of us to deliver.

Jennifer - How did your sister's wedding go? I remember she was asking you to do a TON of things for it and was offended when you told her you may not be able to do so much being that you will be very pregnant at the wedding!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:58 pm

The wedding went well. I told her I could do just a few things. I did her hair and make-up and helped her get ready. But other than that I told her it was too much for me. Besides that all 3 of my children were in the wedding and I was a candle lighter and we all needed to get ready also. I just don't think she thought about the fact that she wanted me to do all these things, but also wanted all the kids in the wedding. Who would be getting them ready? I did not do anything about the cake, she had someone else do it. (Thank God!) I did not help with the meal, she had some else do (Thank God!) I tried to just enjoy her wedding, which should have been my role anyway. Who wants to miss there sisters wedding to be doing a cake or food?

I was talking to my friend about the baby and I guess he was born at 22 weeks. He is still breathing on his own!!!! He made it through the night but he is still very critical! I can't believe how well he is doing! It is amazing! Please pray for them. Even if he continues to do well, they have a hard long road ahead of them.

Today at NST I was told that my BP is too high and my sugars are to high. I also am contracting way to much! They don't want to give me anything for the contractions because I will be 36 weeks on Monday and the side affect are not great. I will be checked again on Friday, we will see what happens then. I can't believe how close we are getting! It is really starting feel real now. But I will not fully be letting go of my fears till I have the baby, he has an Echo and they bring him back to me and put him in my arms! I am looking forward to that!
Hope you all are doing well!!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Quincy - my c-section is schedule for Dec 5. That is so cute about Conner and his glasses. Luke had his eyes checked this year - but I think he just wanted glasses because someone in his class had them.

Kim - Great news on your u/s. Good luck with Kindergarten - we loved it last year.

Jennifer - Yeah for your sisters wedding being over and you getting to enjoy it. I am praying for your friend - please keep us posted. I hope your bp and sugars are good on Friday.

Allison - The video on Jenell's blog made me cry today. I really admire her strength. Your u/s picture were so clear - what an adorable baby!

Tiffany - Thanks for the update on Jena - please let us know if you hear anything else. Do you know how far she was? I am so sad for her loss.

Kelly - I can't believe you are already 37 weeks - how exciting! Are you still working?

Jess - Great to hear from you - is your house back together yet?

AFM - Yesterday would have been Jake's 3rd birthday and I got through the day. It seems now like the days leading up to these anniversaries are worse that the day itself. Luke and I sent Jake cards in heaven via balloon (sorry environment) - Luke wrote him the sweetest note.
I am still working from home and at my appt today was told that I could possibly leave the house for short errons after my appt next week if all looks good. And then maybe go back to work the next week (which is Thanksgiving - and then the next week Kate is born). I have been extra nervous after reading about the 35 week loss on BBC. I had thought it was safe to read those posting because they have all been so good and then I read that one and lost it again.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next