Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

September Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Ladies - We're all so close, it's crazy!!!

JENNIFER - Your friends and their baby are in my thoughts. It's amazing that he's doing as well as he is. I pray that he keeps it up! Have you done another 24 hour urine collection? It sounds like you'll probably have Easton here sooner than later - how exciting! I do understand not being able to let go of your fears until you hold a healthy, living baby in your arms. I'm right there with you.

KELLY K - I'm just waiting for the day that I log on and see that you have had your baby! I can't wait to see who the first will be and to hear all about it. I'm just so darn excited for all of us!!!

TIFFANY - How are you doing? I always see you post, but never about yourself! Has dh heard any more about the potential promotion?

KATHY - (((HUGS))) to you (albeit belated hugs) on Jake's 3rd birthday. I haven't had any anniversaries yet - the one year mark will be Christmas day - ugh. I had the same experience with the due date, though. The days leading up were much worse than the day itself. Christmas will be very rough this year and it will certainly never be the same. It will always be the day that I said hello & goodbye to my precious Dashiell. It was hard for me to read about the 35 week loss, too. Having had a late loss, I have met so many women who have lost babies at term. I just keep telling myself that the odds are in my favor and to stay positive.

AFM - I ended up in l&d again on Sunday for several hours. I couldn't feel the baby move and my bp went way up (159/106). They monitored me and I guess the baby was just in an odd position. We could hear the baby move & see it on the u/s, but I couldn't feel anything. Strange b/c I can always feel at least subtle movements. We had another bpp yesterday and got a perfect score. They also said that the blood flow through the cord & arteries was better than it was on Friday. I go back on Friday, see the doc and I think have the GBS test. It's hard to believe that only 20 days from now, I'll have this kid in my arms (if not sooner!!!)
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am

Jennifer - Glad the wedding went well and that you didn't have to try and do too much! That is amazing how well your friend's baby is doing. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. Keep us posted on their progress! I can't believe how close we all are to having our babies either!

Kathy - I can't remember how far along Jena was. I think she was at the end of her first trimester. I can ask her friend who is still on the other board. Jena deleted her account and said she needs time away from all the baby talk, which is completely understandable. The board is private so she can't even read since she deleted her account. I heard about the 35w loss and couldn't bring myself to actually read about it. I feel like I just need to stay positive and not give myself anything extra to worry about. I'm glad Jake's birthday was gentler than expected and I'm sure the environment will forgive you Wink

Allison - Sorry you had to go to L&D again! I hope you have good insurance! Smile I always post, but usually not about myself because I don't really have anything exciting going on right now. I'll definitely take that though. I'd rather not have any huge excitement at this point in time! I do have a cold though Crying or Very sad My throat hurts and I'm coughing so much that I can't sleep at night.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Hey ladies, just checking in to say hello!!! I have been so tired lately. I have been stressing because his movements have def. slowed down. I can still feel him moving, but not as much as before. Maybe he is running out of room. i am 34 weeks today, however he is def. bigger then my last two boys. Born at 35 and 36 weeks. I would love for him to hang in there for another month... my c/section is on Dec. 19th @ 39 weeks 2 days~~~

Allison: Hang in there. You have really had a rough few weeks~~

Jennifer:Same with you. ... it is almost time. Wow 35 weeks already!!! Your friend is in my thoughts... wow 22 weeks.

Amy: Did not see that you posted. I hope all this well!!!

EOE : Hello and glad to hear your doing well.

Kathy: I am glad that Jakes birthday was easier for you then you thought. I am sure it was still very hard though. How old are your children?

Tiff: I am glad you avoided reading the loss on our BBC board. IT broke my heart. Here I thought I was reading something good until I started to really read. So sad and so scary!!

Have a good day..

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:29 pm

TIFFANY - I do envy your non eventful last few weeks. You're right - no news is good news! Nevertheless, you're in my thoughts!! I actually got the bill from my week long hospital stay and it was almost $35,000! Thank goodness I have good insurance. It was covered at 100%. I don't know how people go without insurance. I really hope Obama fixes that system soon. It's totally broken! (ok, stepping off of my liberal soap box now). I hear you on needing to stay positive now. I've been taking a break from my ttc board (I still post there, since several of the girls lost their babies around the time I lost Dash). A few of the pregos there are not handling the pregnancy well. I just can't be around that energy right now.

JESS - I'm right there with you and the lack of movement. It's so unnerving, but at least it's normal! KFC that you go all the way to 12/19!!!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Jess - I agree with Allison, I think that it is normal to feel less movement now. I am 34w, 5d and I have been feeling less movement over the past week or two. I still feel him everyday so I don't worry about it but the movement is not nearly as often or as strong.

Allison - Glad your insurance picked up the tab! Also, that is what I like about this board - we can comfortably share our fears but still the overall vibe remains pretty positive.

So does everyone have names picked out now? Is anyone waiting until they see the baby?
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:24 pm

Allison - Did you get your results from your 24 hour collection yet? I'm so glad your LO was moving at L&D - what a scary experience.

Jess - My DS - Luke is 6. Kate hadn't been moving as much lately either. Luckily she did the night I had read about the 35 week loss.

Jennifer - How are you feeling? Did your contractions stop?

Tiffany - Are you still watching the other kids? Good luck to DH on his new opportunity - when should he hear something?

Hi to EOE - hope you are all doing well.

AFM - I went to the dr yesterday. She is still keeping me home - but said next week if all looks good I can have limited outings and maybe even go back to work the next week. Which would be the week of Thanksgiving and then the next week I was only planning to work 3 days because that is the week Kate is scheduled to be born. I still think she is being overly cautious but I am fine with it. Anything to get us a healthly baby. Well I do have permission to go pick up my DS from school - so I'd better go get him.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Tif- Good luck w/your dh’s job! I’ll keep Jena in my thoughts.. How sad. Btw, we are naming our boys Nicholas Oliver and Zachary Elliot.
Allison- I’m glad that your baby is ok. That must’ve been really scary! Love those pics! Too cute!
Jennifer- That baby sounds amazing! I’ll keep him in my prayers. I can’t believe that you’re having such frequent contractions already.
Kelly- Keep us posted! I’m so excited for you!
Kathy- I’m glad that you got through Jake’s birthday. That must’ve been so hard… Big ((hugs)).
Jess- I don’t feel my boys move as often either. I think that it’s normal bc it’s so cramped in there. Try not to worry too much. (Easier said than done, I know!)
AFM- I have another NST on Friday (yay Rolling Eyes ) and my MIL will be here on Sunday, possibly for the next month. It's going to be nice to have the help, but I'm so used to my own space that it's going to be weird.. Oh, on the 19th, I have an u/s and NST.
What are your thoughts on inductions? My dr is really pushing for a 38 week induction (if I make it that far) and I really don't want to do it. She hasn't given me any good reasons other than I'll be really uncomfortable by that time. I've only had "natural" labor and delivery, so I am really nervous about the whole thing.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Amy - I will probably be induced too. My doc wants to induce at 38.5 weeks because my labor was so fast with my daughter. I had a completely natural birth with her (there was no time for even an IV or any type of monitoring). I have mixed feelings about it, but I know it will be fine. I have heard that labor lasts longer if you are induced. But my aunt was induced with her twins and her labor was only about 4 hours.

Kathy - I am still watching the early bird but not the gross boy. I am planning on going to Real Estate school after the baby is born, so I just told the gross boy's parents that I won't be babysitting after the baby is born. I was not being completely honest, but it got me out of watching him without creating any hard feelings by telling them just how gross he is and how he is the worst behaved kid I have ever seen. I referred them to another sitter in the area who used to watch my friend's daughter. She is in her early 40's and has been babysitting for 10-15 years so hopefully she is better equipped to deal with a child like that than I am! He is almost 4 and on his last day he hit/pushed my daughter 5 times before 11am. He also hit her in the face with a plastic bucket and busted open her lip that morning. Then he is almost 4 yrs old and wears diapers at nap so he doesn't wet the bed. Well, when he woke up I was changing the 2yr old's poop diaper and he commented on how disgusting it was. Then he sat there and pooped his own diaper on purpose! It was disgusting. I am so glad to be done watching him I can't even tell you!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:19 pm

KATHY - I didn't get the 24 hour results back yet, but I'm assuming they're ok or they would have called. I've called so much lately, I just don't feel like bugging them. Plus, my tests over the last few days have been negative at home. I have an appt at 8:45 tomorrow, so I'll definitely find out then. Thanks for asking! I hear you on the staying home. It's a rough adjustment, especially when you're used to being at work. I have no clue what day it is ever. I feel so disorganized and I can't even clean my apartment!

TIFFANY - I couldn't agree more - this board has a very positive vibe. Even when we share our fears, it's still full of positive support. My other board seems to spiral when one person gets down, has a loss, etc. I love those girls and I am generally there to support them, but right now, I need to stay focused on me and this baby. That bad boy sounds awful!!! I'm glad you're rid of him.

AMY - good luck with the NST tomorrow! I'm sure having your MIL around will ultimately be a blessing, even if it takes a little getting used to. Did your doc say why he wants to induce you? Mine is inducing me because of the risk v. reward, considering that I had a late loss before. I'm all for it if it brings me a healthy, living baby. I'm guessing that it's maybe the same for your doc, too, but curious.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Allison- The only reason I've been given so far is that I'll be really uncomfortable so we might as well induce... That seems silly! If I had a better answer, than I wouldn't mind. I'll be talking to my dr again tomorrow to try to get a real answer... I'm not against being induced but if there's no reason, why do it? Hmm.. I guess I'll just wait and see what she says!
Tif- 4 hours?! That's amazing! I was in labor for 17 and 1/2 w/Matthew and I thought that was fast.
AFM-Ok, I am really starting to get nervous! I think I've started nesting. (Dh told me the other day that I clean like a psycho... Lol!) I can't beleive how close we all are.
On a cheesy side-note, I just wanted to add that all of you have helped me so much through this pregnancy. It's so nice to have somewhere to go when I have my "freak-out" moments, which I know were pretty often in the beginning. Thank you all for helping me stay strong through this. Love you girls! I love you

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:27 pm

AMY - I completely agree with your feelings about induction. If there is no good medical reason, why not let nature take it's course? I'm so jealous of all those who are able to just let things happen. I hope you're one of them! I'm also right there with you on the nerves & cleaning. All of the sudden, I feel like we are not prepared, so I'm trying to do one thing per day to get ready.

AFM - had another 8/8 on the bpp today. My doc says that he's confident that we'll make it to 37 weeks as long as things keep going the way they are. He also told me I have to gain more weight - probably the ONLY time in my life I will ever hear that! I wish I had an appetite so I could enjoy it. (I actually threw up during the bpp today!) Also, my 24 hour urine came back with hardly any protein!!! Good news all around.

I have to second Amy's thoughts. You girls have been such a wonderful source of love & support through this pregnancy. I can't wait to celebrate our rainbow babies together!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly k Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:05 am

Allison- So glad that things are looking great for you!! And have fun gaining weight, does anything sound good to you? I know when I’m nauseous all I want is ice cream or pancakes (which definitely help you gain weight!)

Kathy- {{Hugs}} to you on Jake’s birthday, glad you got through the day well. I’m a huge environment person, but I think that’s a beautiful gesture:) I am still working, it’s terrible but luckily my staff gets mad if I walk around too much so I’m working but not very hard!

Jess- I feel like mine’s movements have slowed down since about 34 weeks too, I think he’s just so big. It is REALLY stressful though.

Tiff- Glad things are going well for you! We are actually waiting to see the baby but we do have a short list of names. Glad you’re getting rid of gross boy. hee hee

Amy- Glad your MIL will be here to help! GL at your NST and u/s, you get to see your boys again!! I don’t have an opinion on induction having never had a baby, but in general I feel like if a doctor feels something is necessary it’s probably a good idea. Discomfort seems like an odd reason though?

Hi all, still here, still pregnant! I still have two weeks to go so I shouldn't be disappointed but I am:) I wish my doctor wouldn't have said that it'll be soon! I'm actually really sick today so I took a sick day at work and am going to rest. I have another appt tomorrow, so we'll see if I've progressed at all. Grrr....I'm just so excited to see him! Alright, have a great day all!!

Kelly K

kelly k

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:04 am

SO I have to vent... should i just get over it...
when I went in for my appointment on Friday I was having pain in my old incision from my previous 2 c.sections. So the doctor sent me for an US and told me to call if things got worse... Well the US caused them to get worse due to the poking and proding against the incision with the US wand! The tech said I should let me doctor know before leaving since I live 25 minutes away. So I was still in the same building as my office and told my dr. well she send me to L&D just to be monitored and be cautious that it was not my incison tring to open. (nice huh) well she came in and saw me two hours later afer I was just finshed sneezing which made me feel like my stomach was going to wrip open.... Then she laid me flat and did another u/s that made the pain 100x worse and I was almost crying... So she told me in this much pain I could not go home.(this was at 2 in the afternoon) She then said if your uterus is going to rupture I would rather have you here? Then she said she would be back in 2 hours to check one me. SHE NEVER came back, but was sitting out there at the desk all night doing paper work. I was just so frustrated tha that she never came back to see me yet chose to make me stay overnight???She then sent them in to give me an Iv about 4 that evening and it took them 8 tries and many bruises to get it in. They gave me one bag of fluid then capped after the 2 hours it took to get it in I could of drank that much. I am not sure why she never came back in when she was right out there until 9 at night, but she send a nurse in at 8 to tell me I should take a sleeping pill because I was staying the night. ( I did not take it) I know I should just let it go. She will be my doctor for the next 4 weeks and I have really liked her all this time. In her defense she had just gotten back a few days before from a 10 day vacation and she had a horrid cold. So maybe she was just not feeling quite like herself. Sorry for the book!! I was just so frustrated with all of it. They then releases me at 7:30am the next morning, I was in the same condition as I was at 7pm the night before, So if she had came back I would of been able to go home. Well they told me to get an appointment with her or someone else in the office this week. So I just took one with the mid wife who discharged me since my doctor was booked. Should I just totally forget aobut this or ask her when see her? I still have pain in my incision but NOTHING like when she came in. I was at my worse when she came came in and then better later... tell me to let it go......

Did she not come back because she thought I was just over exagerating the pain? If that was the case wouldn't she of sent me home? I do not know I hate telling doctors anything that is why I never do... ahhh... Oh and I was kind of taken back that she so casually said the whole placenta abruption thing so calmly in front of me. I was just past 34 weeks....

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly k Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:36 am

Jess- I would be mad too!! If she was going to make you stay because she was concerned she should have been checking on you! That is ridiculous! I hope the pain doesn't get worse again so you don't have to deal with it!!

No baby yet...had my appt yesterday and I'm not 4 cm dialted, 90% effaced and he's still a little high. She did strip my membranes which I was surprised by but figured it couldn't hurt. Now I'm just really crampy so I'm hoping it does something. I have what is at this point a very mild case of PUPPS (an itchy annoying rash if anyone doesn't know what it is) which she said they don't normally induce for unless the mom just can't stand it. It could spread all over my body and get terrible so she's hoping I go into labor before that happens because it goes away a week or two after. I would never induce for that reason, it's not dangerous just terribly itchy:) Hope everyone is doing well....Kelly K

kelly k

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:14 am

[b]STOP POSTING HERE!!! AMY STARTED A NOVEMBER DECEMBER THREAD. I didn't even know until a few days after she created it
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11