Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Thread

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Summer Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Thread

Post  tif333 Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Hooray for your dad's problem fixing itself! Yes, it does make things more difficult since Ryan refuses the bottle! I wouldn't feel guilty for not bf anymore. You did what you could and really any is better than none. I don't think I'd still be nursing either if I worked. It would just be too much stress and too time consuming to have to be hooked up to the pump all the time!

DH starts in Tucson Sept. 1st. But the company will pay for his hotel that month so we will aim to have a rental Oct. 1. We bought our home in the phx area in 2007 so we are upside down on it like everyone else who bought that year. So we couldn't sell it even if we wanted to. But I really do love it, so I don't mind. We plan on being in Tucson for 2-3 years and then moving back to the phx area as soon as a position opens here. So we don't want to buy in Tucson if we are only going to be there 2-3 years.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm so glad the move is for just 2-3 years. My best friend moved about 4.5 hours away in 2004 and she moved back in 2007. They didn't know they would get to move back... it just worked out that way. It has been great having her back but we still talked everyday when she was gone. The moving part will be a pain but it might be a fun adventure for your family. I think it might be good for me (if I didn't have to find a new job)... I think it would make me closer to my dh. Right now I think maybe I still depend on my family too much... they are so wonderful.

Is Kaitlyn in elementary school yet? Luke is starting second grade on Monday -- we have meet the teacher Friday. I can't wait to see who is teacher is going to be.

Kate has really gotten fast with the crawling. She was chasing a fly around our house. Is Ryan standing yet? Kate isn't but I took her to story/play time at the library on Monday and there was a 9 mth old walking and another one who could stand up on her own and balance herself. I not ready for Kate to do all that. I'm still getting used to the crawling.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 am

Hello everyone,
I am sorry I have been away so long. For some reason I stopped getting e-mail and could not remember the forum sites name. Lucky today I ran across it in my favorites. I guess I must have saved it there at some point. Glad I did!
Things have been crazy around here. Easton just had his 9 month check up. He is 20 lbs and 14 oz and 28 inches long. he is doing great. he has cut one tooth and another is almost through. He is trying to walk but it to afraid to let go and take a step. He just walks around the coffee table or anything else he can pull him self up to. This morning when my husband was leaving for work he said Bye-Bye to Easton, and Easton said it back! Clear as day he said it back! We were shocked!!! I said it must have just sounded like Bye-Bye. But then about 5 minutes later, I said bye bye to him and he said it back to me also!!! It was so cute! He gives kisses, there are open mouth very slobbery kisses, but so sweet all the same.
Please pray for our oldest daughter, Allison. We almost lost her this summer. She has very bad asthma and we have been battling it all summer. One day I walked in to her room and she was laying on the ground, blue! I started CPR and got her to the hospital.( Which is closer than the closest fire station so I took her myself because that was the fastest way. Her air way was almost completely closed. I guess it came on so fast she was not able to get to me. She said she was feeling a bit of tightness ten she can't remember anything else. She has been out of the hospital for a couple weeks now, but it having problems again. We live near all the california wild fires and that is really affecting her. She has to where a mask if she leaves the house and we keep her inside with the air on most of the time. She is rally getting upset about the situation but what else can we do? They start school back on July 13 and she had been on independent study most of that time. Please pray that things get better for her soon so she can resume normal life.

I am so behind in reading posts I really don't have any response to any posts. After I catch up I am sure I will have lots to say!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:40 am

Hi Jennifer - it is great to hear from you again... I had checked up on you last month on your babysoren site -- I think you were on vacation. I am so sorry to hear about Allison - how scary! I will pray for her. Please keep up posted.

Easton sounds like he is doing great - that is so sweet he gives kisses and what a smartie saying Bye Bye. Kate mainly yodels and says da da da da da. She has her 9mth check up on the 21st. So we will see how big she is then. I don't think she is more than 18lbs.

My son Luke broke his arm his first week at school. He has an orange cast and should have it off in about 4 weeks. But that means to soccer and swimming...

Hi Tiff - I'm sure you are busy. Have you found a place to live yet? How is Ryan?
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:11 am

Goodness, i didnt realize id been away so long! I've been so busy.. The twins kept getting sick and i just moved back home. I dont have a ton of time right now bc its late, but ill be back soon to do persies and a real update on us. I'm sorry for being gone!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Welcome back Amy - I'm glad you are here.
I am looking forward to an update on your family. I hope you are getting to talk with your dh regularly.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I need to vent! Sorry! I am so tired of everyone being sick! I just want my family to be well! I feel bad for saying this but I am tired of taking care of people! We now have strep and Mono going through our house! We have had no stop illness for 3 months! If one is not sick the other is! And the cold and flu season just started!!! I called my Mom and was crying because I just fell like I need a break and do you know what she said! She said well at least you have them to care for! Like that was not a huge punch in the stomach! Please I don't need to be reminded that one of my children have died! I remember that every moment of every day. So I guess because my son died I never have any thing to complain or cry about. So in case all of you weren't aware we are never to have a problem because we have been though the worst so nothing else matters I guess! Sorry, but I did warn you! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Happy Birthday Easton! Today is Eastons first Birthday!!! He is growing up TOOOOO fast!!! Happy Birthday my sweet boy!!!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Jennifer! I didn't know anyone was checking on here anymore. I check from time to time, but it had been well over a month since anyone posted! Happy belated bday to Easton. I can't believe our babies are turning 1 already. I am so sad about him growing so fast. I wasn't sad when Kaitlyn turned 1 because I knew there'd be another baby someday. But Ryan is our last, so I feel so emotional about him turning 1 and not being a little baby anymore.

We are all settled in Tucson now. It isn't too bad. The only problem is that we have an English Mastiff and don't know what to do with him when we spend the night in the Phoenix area to see family. It is a pain to bring a 130lb. dog in the truck (we don't have a camper shell so he has to ride in the cab). So we've been driving there and back in one day instead of spending the night at my parents house. It is 2 hours each way and that is a long time in the car for our 2 little ones!

Kaitlyn had her first day of preschool today. She was a little nervous when I dropped her off, but she loved it and can't wait to go back.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3