Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November/December

+6
Dashiell'sMom
mom2miracles
tif333
JenniferShafer
Mom-to-Luke
Amy
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

November/December Empty November/December

Post  Amy Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

I thought that it would be a good idea to start a new thread now that we've all reached the final month of our pregnancies!

QOTD- How much more work do you have to do to prepare for your baby?
AOTD- All I have left is to sanitize my breast pump and bottles, as well as get some more cloth diapers. That's it! All the clothes are washed, their bed is together, and we're taking a tour of the hospital/NICU on Sunday. Very Happy I can't believe that I'm this prepared!

QOTD2- What are your plans for the holidays?
AOTD2- Thanksgiving, we'll be here w/my MIL and FIL, 2 of my neighbors, and of of the single guys the dh works with. Christmas, as long as the boys aren't in the NICU, we'll probably be going to visit our family in Vancouver. I can't wait to show off our boys!

Amy

Back to top Go down

November/December Empty Re: November/December

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:25 am

Great questions Amy... thanks.
AOTD- Yesterday my BFF's husband painted the nursery. Other than that we have a new travel system for Kate and a lot of adorable clothes (gifts - I still need to write TY notes for). I have not done any washing, nor have I found the bobby pillow and changing table pad or other things we will need once she is here 3 weeks from today. I guess we need to get busy...

AOTD2 - I am hoping to spend Thanksgiving at my parents. Last year we spent it with DH's mom in Livingston(1.5 hours away). My parents live less than 10 minutes away. But DH and I have not discussed. I do know we will not be going to Livingston and not going to his mom's house here in Spring (that is where Jake died and I haven't been back since). As far as Christmas goes... we will probably have his mom and her 5 foster kids over on Christmas Eve and then goto my parents on Christmas day. It will all depend on Kate and the health of her kids. I don't want any sick kids around Kate... and her 2 youngest foster kids (2 and 3 yrs) always have coughs and snotty noses.

Amy - good luck on your NST today. And I agree I don't know how I would have gotten through this pregnancy without you girls. Thank you all for being here. I do hope we will keep in touch after the babies arrive.

Jennifer - I haven't seen anything from you for a few days and am starting to wonder where you are?

Allison - How was your appt today? I know what you mean about days - the days are all running together for me too. And even though DH is helping out the house just isn't as clean as I would like. When he does the dishes he does not wipe the counters. And I have been trying to just keep my mouth shut because I am so grateful he is doing dishes.

Tiffany - I'm so glad you got rid of gross boy. He sounds horrible. Is early bird still coming as early as before? I'm glad she and your DD get along so well. Are you all signed up for real estate school? That sounds like and interesting and flexable field. How long is the school?

Hi to EOE - and I hope you all have a wonderful and uneventful weekend.

AFM - I just watched ER (i never watch that show anymore) but taped it last night because Anthony Edwards was going to be on it. Anyway - the story line he was involved in hit too close to home and I'd been crying until I started writing you girls - so thanks for getting my mind off it for a while. There were 2 story lines involving children in the ER. I don't want to ruin it for anyone - but I would have been better off not watching.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Hello everyone,
Sorry I have been MIA. I went into preterm labor and have been in the hospital. I got out this morning. They have stopped the labor and let me go home with a strict med schedule. They are using a different date then I had been so they are putting me at 34 weeks 5 days not 35 weeks and 5 days. So the week difference is a big deal to them I guess. I can stop taking the meds at 36 weeks.Yea! I am dilated to 3 and 90 % effaced now. I am so glad to be home! The hospital sucks! I was in in a big room with just a curtain between me and my neighbors. I was lucky last night and they were slow so there was no one else in the room. I was grateful for that.

My baby shower was today. I was released in time to go. The ladies at church had it in the youth building which had couches so I was able to just lay down during it. It was nice. We got so many nice gifts. But the best thing was how excited everyone was about the baby! It was really the celebration of his life that I had wanted it to be.
Well I am really tired so I am going to bed.
I will catch up on whats going on with everyone later.
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

AOTD 1 - I really don't have much left to do to prepare. I still need to get a new changing pad for the table, a breast pump and some random other things. But nothing so important that I coudln't manage if the baby came before I get those things. I got my travel system yesterday so I have a carseat now! I still need to wash clothes, but I am not going to do that until we get home from the hospital. I'll wash a couple outfits for bringing him home. But to be honest, I'm not 100% convinced that it is really a boy so I don't want to wash everything and then have a surprise girl and not be able to return things!

AOTD 2 - I don't want to go anywhere further from the hospital than my house for Thanksgiving. So we are going to my best friend's parents house. My parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. are all going there. We have been best friends since kindergarten and our parents are really good friends too. We usually do holidays together. We will be having Christmas at my house because I'm not sure I'll feel like going anywhere so soon after having a baby. My mom and everyone will help make the meal, so I won't have much cooking to do.

Kathy - I have not signed up for Real Estate school yet. I plan on going in February or so when the baby has settled into more of a routine and is sleeping for longer periods at night. The school is 3 days a week for 6 weeks. I plan on going at night - 6:30-10:30pm.

Jennifer - I'm glad they were able to stop your labor. I guess the good news is that you are doing some of the work beforehand if you are already dilated to 3. Hopefully labor will be fast and (relatively) easy for you. I would hate to have a shared hospital room too. That is the main reason I travel past 2 other hospitals to get to the one where I will give birth... One of the closer ones is no good, and thee other one my doc doesn't go to. But I never tried to find a doc at that hospital because of the shared room thing. The hospital where I will give birth has all private rooms. Sounds like your shower was wonderful. That was so nice of them to do that for you.

AFM: I am still sick with this stupid cold. It has been 12 days now! I have a sore throat, cough and congestion. It is horrible I haven't slept in over a week. I talked to my doc and he said that if it isn't strep antibiotics won't help and that I will just have to suffer through. He did say that I am far enough along that I can take a dose of nyquil before bed to help me sleep. I tried it and it didn't really work as well as I hoped. That and I'm just not convinced it is completely safe... I am so tired of being sick!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Jennifer: YAY for being home...

Tiff: sorry your so sick...

Me I just posted this on the other thread before seeing the new one..

MAJOR LONG VENT!!

have to vent... should i just get over it...
when I went in for my appointment on Friday I was having pain in my old incision from my previous 2 c.sections. So the doctor sent me for an US and told me to call if things got worse... Well the US caused them to get worse due to the poking and proding against the incision with the US wand! The tech said I should let me doctor know before leaving since I live 25 minutes away. So I was still in the same building as my office and told my dr. well she send me to L&D just to be monitored and be cautious that it was not my incison tring to open. (nice huh) well she came in and saw me two hours later afer I was just finshed sneezing which made me feel like my stomach was going to wrip open.... Then she laid me flat and did another u/s that made the pain 100x worse and I was almost crying... So she told me in this much pain I could not go home.(this was at 2 in the afternoon) She then said if your uterus is going to rupture I would rather have you here? Then she said she would be back in 2 hours to check one me. SHE NEVER came back, but was sitting out there at the desk all night doing paper work. I was just so frustrated tha that she never came back to see me yet chose to make me stay overnight???She then sent them in to give me an Iv about 4 that evening and it took them 8 tries and many bruises to get it in. They gave me one bag of fluid then capped after the 2 hours it took to get it in I could of drank that much. I am not sure why she never came back in when she was right out there until 9 at night, but she send a nurse in at 8 to tell me I should take a sleeping pill because I was staying the night. ( I did not take it) I know I should just let it go. She will be my doctor for the next 4 weeks and I have really liked her all this time. In her defense she had just gotten back a few days before from a 10 day vacation and she had a horrid cold. So maybe she was just not feeling quite like herself. Sorry for the book!! I was just so frustrated with all of it. They then releases me at 7:30am the next morning, I was in the same condition as I was at 7pm the night before, So if she had came back I would of been able to go home. Well they told me to get an appointment with her or someone else in the office this week. So I just took one with the mid wife who discharged me since my doctor was booked. Should I just totally forget aobut this or ask her when see her? I still have pain in my incision but NOTHING like when she came in. I was at my worse when she came came in and then better later... tell me to let it go......

Did she not come back because she thought I was just over exagerating the pain? If that was the case wouldn't she of sent me home? I do not know I hate telling doctors anything that is why I never do... ahhh... Oh and I was kind of taken back that she so casually said the whole uterus abruption thing so calmly in front of me. I was just past 34 weeks....

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:59 pm

AOTD- I really have nothing! We're pretty much clean & organized. We do have the pack & play and 3 outfits. Yesterday, I bought a blanket, cap & socks for taking the baby home. We'll buy the car seat next week and we'll get everything else after the baby comes in 15 days!!!

AOTD2- Thanksgiving we'll be here in NYC. I'll probably watch some of the Macy's parade from my roof. I love to spend Thanksgiving in NYC. Most of the residents leave, and as long as you don't go to any of the touristy areas, it's pretty quiet. For Christmas, we'll most likely be here, but there is a slim chance we may travel to Syracuse. I just don't think I want to take a 5 1/2 hour car ride thtough very unpredictable weather with a 3 week old!

JESS - I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I would try to find out why she left you hanging. Just coming back from vacation is no excuse. I really hope you get some answers and comfort soon .

TIFF - I hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick anytime, but especially when you're pg. Are you still sitting through your illness? It must be so hard to watch after 2 kids while you feel like that. I really hope it clears up soon.

JENNIFER - Glad to hear that all is well. You're almost there! I hope that the labor subsides until 36 weeks. Your shower sounded just beautiful!

AFM - I didn't even see this board & was posting on the old board. My appt on Friday was good. The baby got another 8/8 on the bpp. My doctor wants me to try to gain more weight - probably the only time in my life anyone will ever tell me that. I just wish I had a real appetite! I get hungry, but nothing appeals to me at all. He wants to see if by increasing my calorie intake helps the baby grow. Since I've been forcing myself to eat more, the baby has been much more active, so maybe it's working. I have another bpp tomorrow and then an appt & bpp on Friday. After that, only 2 more appointments!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Jess - I would ask her why she never came back to check on you. I would let her know that you were scared by the pain and talk of a uterine rupture and that you would have liked the peace of mind of her checking on you again like she said she would. Everyone makes mistakes, perhaps she forgot. Because you were already in the hospital, if anything happened, you would be taken care of. But because it really bothers you, I would definitely bring it up.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey ladies!

Tiff- Sorry your still sick, sounds like a really bad cold if it's been going on for 12 days! DH has some really bad stomach virus that's going around here, I hope I don't get it!! Hope you start to feel better soon.

Jess- Sorry you had to go through that at the hospital. You would think they would be more sympathetic....but you never know with people. Hope your doc's attitude is better at your next appt.

Jennifer- How are you feeling? How far along are you now? I hope you make it until 37w. ((HUGS))

Allison- Wow 15 days..I am so jealous. I still have 30 days left, unless my u/s on the 2nd shows that he is too big, then we go on the 8th instead of the 17th.

QOTD1: Well I have everything..except for my travel system. The one I registered for was discontinued, Sad So I had to pick out another one, I hate it because I really didn't find one I liked as much as the first.

QOTD2: Thanksgiving we will go to my aunt's house (where we go every year) but she is only a 10min drive from our house and then the day after we go to DH mom's. For Christmas, we will have Christmas Eve at our house for DH family and then on Christmas day we will go to my gma's, everyone in my family lives in OK so it's easy to go to family with a newborn, I think!! LOL
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

Great answers! On Friday, I had my appt. Well, I'm 2 cm dialated already and the dr set up an induction date. So, if I haven't had the boys by Dec 5th, I'll be induced. No time for personals bc my MIL is here, but just wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

I am so jealous that so many of you have dates scheduled already! My doc said he can't give me an exact date until a week before. I don't know if that is when the hospital will let him schedule it or if that is his own policy so that he can make sure my body is showing signs of being ready to induce. Either way, it should be sometime during the week of Dec. 8th but it would be nice to know when so that DH can plan his vacation and the mom I babysit for can make arrangements for her daughter.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:32 am

Kelly K - With my DD, I had my membranes stripped on Friday afternoon and she was born at 5:59am on Monday morning. Here's to hoping you only have a couple days!

AFM: I can't remember if I told you about my dad or not. But he was told that his building was closing and he was being layed off. Now he found out that they are not closing his building, they are relocating it and downsizing a bit. His job (manager) is still available at the new location, but they said everyone (including him) has to reapply for their same positions. He has been doing this job for 8 years now. The only thing he can think of is that they want to give his job to someone else and that is why they are making him reapply for his same job. He has his "interview" today. He has been so stressed out about this. It isn't an easy job market out there, especially when his competition is so much younger than he is. If he doesn't get his job, my parents can't make their bills. Please keep him in mind and pray he gets to keep his same job!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 am

TIFFANY - Your dad is in my thoughts. I truly hope this is a formality, rather than some type of stunt.

QUINCY - 29 days now - that's not too long!!!

AMY - Congrats on having a last resort date. I hope all is well with your mom in law!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 am

bumoing us above the old thread. I just made a note to post here from now on. I was posting there for several days before I realized there was a new thread & just saw that Kelly K posted there today!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 am

Okay, I am totally bored today. There are a million things I probably should be doing (like cleaning my house...), but I just don't want to! So here are some pics of the stuff I've gotten for the baby already!

Here is the side of his closet with all his new clothes:
November/December Closet-New

This side of his closet has all the clothes given to him by my sister in law:
November/December Closet-Megan

Here is a sweater, blanket and tiny hat that my mom croched for him:
November/December SweaterBlanket

This is the diaper bag I got:
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/zoom_popup.jsp?productId=845524892442232

And here is the travel system I got:
http://www.target.com/Graco-Travel-System-Melbourne/dp/B0015VW4HA/sr=1-11/qid=1227029146/ref=sr_1_11/188-4261703-9253921?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Amelbourne&page=1
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 am

Hello Everyone,
Well I was back at the hospital yesterday. The contraction are comming back and very strong. I am now at 4+ and my cervix is Very Very soft. They said I would be lucky to last another week. They are no longer going to be agressive in stoping this. I am still taking the meds but they are not working so I don't understand the point. I am contracting every 10 mins, so they said to throw the if I have more than 4 an hour rule away and just come when I think it is time. It could be today it could be next, we will have to wait and see. Either way it wll be soon. Much sooner than I had expected. If he is going to come early anyway, Maybe he could come before thanksgiving so I can have a real thanksgiving meal, with carbs and sugar! I would love a big huge bowl of stuffing! LOL!!
Hope you all are doing well also!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 am

Jennifer - Wow! I can't beleive you are so close. Easton sure is ready to make his debut. I hope you get to enjoy Thanksgiving with your new baby and carbs.

Kelly - have you had your little one yet?

Tiffany - do you have an update on your dad? Ryan's room looks great! I loved all the pictures. I hope you are feeling better.

Amy - So will you be induced on the 5th if you haven't had the boys or is that when you will get on the schedule? I am scheduled to have Kate that day too.

Quincy - I hope you found a new travel system.

Allison - I wish I was told to gain weight - I seem to be doing a fine job of it. The main thing that sounds good to me these days is peppermint ice cream. When is your induction date? I can't wait to find out if your rainbow baby is a boy or girl!

Jess - I can't believe she left you there all night. Did you talk to her? I agree with the others that getting back from vacation is no excuse.
My c-section site has been achy but nothing like what you described. It just hurts to roll over in bed and get up and walk. I didn't realize it was the c-section site until my appt this week. Now it all makes sense to me.

AFM - I was granted some freedom at my appt on Tues. Since I'm 36 weeks she said I could stop taking the terbutaline and have limited outings. So I have been to the mall, Toys R Us, Cub Scouts and plan to go to Luke's soccer game on Saturday. I can't wait.
We have 15 days till Kate gets here and lots to do. But I just requested off next Wed and Friday so if DH will help we should be able to get things ready this weekend.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Jennifer - Good luck! I wish for you a speedy delivery and a healthy baby! My friend delivered her baby boy in September at 36wks, 2days and he did not require any extra days in the hospital. He got to go home with her!

Kathy - Thanks for asking about my dad. He found out unofficially today that they are going to offer him his same job (how generous of them! lol) but that they are filling his boss's position with a woman that he absolutely can't stand. He's worked with her before and she takes all the credit for other's work when things go well. And she plays the blame game when things don't go well. She is not really qualified to take this position, but is sleeping with one of the higher ups in the company... My dad would have to train her. So he isn't sure what to do. If he doesn't accept the position he will get 3 mos severance pay. But he doesn't know how long it will take to get another job. Could take 1 month, could take 6. So he is very confused right now! Official offers go out tomorrow, so we'll see!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Jennifer- I’m excited that you’re almost there! I know that it’s still a little early, but 36 weeks is great!
Tif- Loved the pics!
Kathy- The 5 is my induction date. How cool that we’re both scheduled for the same day!
Hi to all of you that I missed!
AFM- I had another appt yesterday and the u/s showed the boys measuring at 5 lbs, 15 oz each. (Of course, it’s just an estimate and my dr doesn’t think that they’ll both weigh the same amount at birth.) I am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced, so it shouldn’t be long! I’m getting nervous now! My MIL is still here and she’s been keeping me busy so I don’t think about it too much.. Also, my dr told me yesterday that I’m not supposed to be lifting more than 20 lbs, which sucks because my son is 30. I think that’s all! I’ll check in again soon.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Tiff - How confusing for your dad! Is the woman for sure is manager or is that unofficial till tomorrow too? Maybe she and the guy she is sleeping with will have a falling out and she won't get it. That sucks there are people like that out there taking and giving jobs to those not qualified.

Amy - Those are good sizes for twins - aren't they? I'm so glad your MIL is there to keep you company and help you. I'm sorry you can't lift your son anymore - that is hard.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:53 am

Wow AMY: You have little time left. I cannot wait to see pictures of the boys. I love twins. ...

Thanks girls. I am feeling okay. Went to the dr. on Wednesday but saw a mid wife not my doctor. I loved her. too bad I have c/sections because she was so nice and attentive...

Hope all is well..Sorry I am not on much lately. It hurts so bad to see here..

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Kathy- That’s really good size for twins! You’re getting really close!
Jess- It’s good to see you here! I’ll be posting pictures as soon as the boys are born.
AFM- Matthew is doing very well at peeing in the potty. He actually thinks it’s a game now! I’m so proud of him. Other than that, everything’s the same here.

QOTD-As we’re getting closer to our due dates, how are you feeling emotionally?
AOTD- I’m so nervous, but really, really excited. I can’t wait to meet our boys. It’s seems like it’s taken so long to get to this point that it’s almost like a dream. I just hope that I can figure out the 2 babies at one time thing!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:48 pm

QOTD-As we’re getting closer to our due dates, how are you feeling emotionally?
AOTD- I’m not at all nervous. I am more tired of having this cold than I am tired of being pregnant. I actually feel better this time than I did at this point with my daughter as far as my back not hurting quite as much and I am not quite as exhausted as I was with her. I just hope that the ultrasound was right and that this baby is really a boy! For some reason I've been doubting it lately and am half way expecting the baby to pop out a girl. I have so many boy things purchased and the room decorated so that would be a problem! The babies name is glued to the wall so if it pops out a girl, it will be a girl named Ryan with a fishing bedroom!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Hellooo Ladies. Sorry I have not been on very much. I have been really busy with work trying to do to end-of-the-year wrap up stuff and getting-ready-for-maternity-leave wrap up stuff. I just wanted to pop on and see how you all are holding up. Looks like several of you are getting ready to have your LOs soon! That's so exciting! What about Kelly? Has she delivered yet? I'm really excited for those of you who will be holding your LOs soon, and I can't wait to see pictures!

Things here are good. I've been seeing the dr weekly with weekly NSTs since 30 wks. Baby classes are done. Room is about together...I just wish our furniture would get here! It's 3 weeks late, and I'm really frustrated. Met with our pediatrician on Friday, and he seems very good. So...slowly but surely things are falling into place (I think!!). I think I made a dumb mistake when I decided to host Thanksgiving here for DH's and my families. Oh well...maybe that'll get things going. Wink

I can't believe we've all come so far. Here's hoping and praying that the rest of our journey goes smoothly, and we all end up with perfect and healthy LOs!!
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey Everyone!!!!

Well I am still PG.... but that is good. I can't remember if I told you all but I am now dialated to 4+ and my cervix is very soft. (Nurse said she would be suprised if I made it a week, by the way my cervix feels. But that was last Wed and now it is Mon and I am still pg. My contractions are a bit slowed down so i would not be suprised if I go a while still. This waiting game is hard. I just want to see my baby so bad!

We have and appt on Wed at 12:30 to see Sorens headstone. Please pray for us as this will not be easy.
Thinking of you all! I can't wait to see everyones little cuties, and Amys times 2!

Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi, How is everyone doing? There have been no posts in a couple days. I had my doc's appt today and the doc said that I am "a good 2cm dilated" and that the baby's head has dropped way down. He said that my cervix is so soft that it won't hold up once I start contractions, so he said to head to the hospital as soon as I have regular contractions. Yay! The only day I can't go into labor is Monday (Dec. 1st) because everyone works that day so I'd have a hard time finding someone to drive me to the hospital! I am hoping to hold out until the following weekend though (Dec. 6th) because my husband is scheduled to be off of work after that for 3 weeks.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum