Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January- Happy New Year!

+3
tif333
JenniferShafer
Amy
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

January- Happy New Year! Empty January- Happy New Year!

Post  Amy Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 am

Happy New Years, ladies! I hope that all of you are enjoying 2009 so far. I noticed that this board has gotten pretty slow. All of you must be so busy with your new babies! I'm sorry that I haven't been on very often. Most days, I'm lucky to have time to pee! (I love every second of it though.) I'll ask my dh for help posting pictures. Smile

QOTW1: What's your New Year's resolution?
AOTW1: I'm going to remember to be thankful for every second that I have with my children. It's so easy to get caught up in things (being tired, housework, etc.) that I feel most people miss out on how blessed their lives are. Since my boys were born, I look at the world in a different way. I know that I'm lucky.

QOTW2: What's you favorite thing about your new(est) baby?
AOTW2: I love that Nicholas loves to cuddle so much. And that Zachary is so fiesty!

I hope that as things start to settle down, all of us will find time to post more. My dh will be returning to work on Monday. He's been off since the boys were born, thanks to paternity leave followed by holiday leave. I'm a little bit nervous about being alone but I think I can do it. Matthew is potty trained for the most part. He's not nighttime trained, but that takes time. I've lost all my baby weight plus 5 pounds. (I still have 20+ to lose from being pg with Matthew though!) Nicholas and Zachary are doing well. They nurse all the time and we haven't had to supplement (yet) so I'm really proud of that. They both can hold their heads up and are already trying to roll over.. Lol... Both of their circ's healed up quickly and they are both gaining weight so quickly that they don't fit in the premie clothes anymore.
I think that's all that's new here. Miss you girls!

Amy

Back to top Go down

January- Happy New Year! Empty Happy Birthday Soren

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am

Friday,Jan 2nd, was Soren's first birthday. The emotions are overwhelming. I never thought I would ever have to celebrate the day my child was born, with out my child. With my other children, I took for granted that I would carry them 9 month, have the baby, take them home, and life would go on, happy and healthy. I never even thought about losing them. I feel like Soren was the most wanted child ever, I knew before he was born that there was a good chance he would not make it. I never even thought to pray and "want" the other ones because, I never thought they could leave me. I still want Soren so very much. As much as I wish he were here, I wonder what kind of life would he have had? It would have been a hard one. No one wants to see their child hurt. Think how hard it is for you to see your child cry when they get their shots, I cry with them. I just think if that is so hard how would it be to see him go through surgery after surgery and procedure after procedure. He would have needed a transplant at some point, that's what I was told. Can you imagine lying in a bed getting sicker and sicker waiting for the day that someone else has to die so you can live? It was that thought that made me think how Gods love for him and all of us is so wonderful. It made me think about Jesus dying for us, to save us! Our God is a compassionate and loving God. He showed his compassion by calling my sweet Soren home and sparring him from a life of pain. And although this pain feels like it is crushing me, I know God knows I am strong enough to handle it. He tell me this in the bible. It says God will never put more on you than you can handle. I know that I could not handle this with out my faith in God. God blessed me with Soren, and the 17 days 10 hours I had with him. I is a gift that I cherish. I am grateful for every second I had with him. God continues to bless us every day. God also blessed us with another child, Easton. Soren made me realize how precious and fragile life is. I will never take live for granted again. Happy Birthday my sweet Soren.
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

January- Happy New Year! Empty Re: January- Happy New Year!

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:24 pm

QOTW1: What's your New Year's resolution?
I want to get healthy again. Emotionally and physically. The last 2 years have been hard in both ways.

QOTW2: What's you favorite thing about your new(est) baby?
When I gaze into his eyes and he smiles at me. I love it when he smiles!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Jennifer- That was a very beautiful post... I know that I've said it before, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sorry that you celebrated Soren's first birthday without him. I couldn't imagine going through what you have. I said a prayer for you and your family.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:18 pm

QOTD 1 : My New Year's resolutions are to lose the baby weight (obviously) and to remember to enjoy every moment with my kids. I want to have more patience with Kaitlyn and try to do fun things with her. And I want to just enjoy the baby phase with Ryan. Every moment holding him and even the sleepless nights.

QOTD 2: I secretely love the fact that he wants me to hold him all the time. He cries when I put him down and I know that would have bothered me when my daughter was a baby. But I know that this is probably my last little one so I am loving the fact that he wants to cuddle all the time. I know now how quickly they grow up. Things won't be like this for long, so I am just soaking it all up!

This board has gotten really slow! I am glad that everyone is busy loving on their little ones though. I hope you all have a wonderful new year. I look forward to hearing from you a little more often when things settle down a little more in all of our lives!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:48 pm

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I have been gone for awhile. Easton got RSV and was in intensive care for 9 days. He was transferred to a basic room for several days as he was weaned off the O2. He was just released yesterday and I am so glad we are home. He had to be transported to Loma Linda Children's Hospital because he was very critical. Thank God that Ronald McDonald House put us up in a motel. We could not stay at the house because RSV is very contagious. It was hard to be back at the same hospital that Soren was born and died in, again. It was exactly this time last year we were there with Soren. I was so happy that this time I left with my baby. Easton is still very sick but not so sick he has to be in the hospital. Please keep him in your prayers.
I hope you all are doing well.
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:44 pm

One year ago today we said good-bye to our sweet Soren. So much had happened in this last year. So much I wish he were here for. I miss him so much. I can't believe he has been gone for a year. I wanted to freeze time when he died. I never wanted to reach the day that he was gone longer than he lived. I never wanted to reach the holidays he would not be here for. I never wanted to celebrate the birthday that he would not be here to celebrate with us. But God has shown me that time goes on and that even thought it continues, it in no way takes away from Soren. I felt like continuing to go on would in someway be a disrespect to him. I now realize that I want good to come from his life, not just sadness and tears. He will always be my sweet baby. But so will all my children, and I have to be there for them just as I would have been for Soren. I think Soren would be proud that we celebrate his life, and not just mourn his death. So please on this day that his short sweet life ended just one year ago, please remember what joy he brought to us. Please remember what a precious and fragile gift God has given each one of us, Life. And remember how he used my beautiful Soren's life to touch so many, and how he continues to use him. Tell someone his story and how God used him, and please help spread awareness of how congenital heart defects affect so many lives. God bless all of you.

Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Easton had an Echo today. While he was in the hospital he heart rate would drop in to the 50's. They want his heart looked at just to be sure everything still looks fine. I am sure it was because he was so sick, but all the heart stuff really scares me. Please pray that when we get the results back they once again clear him for any heart problems.
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:04 pm

I haven't been on for a while. Jennifer I am so sorry to hear that Easton has been sick - I pray the ECHO showed all was well.

Kate and I have been spending a lot of time cuddling. I love it. But I don't get anything done. I need to get her birth announcements done - do any of you have suggestions for places to order them? Kate and I have also been hanging out with my sister and her twins. Lilly and Dylan are a month old now and doing great.

AOTD - I can decide on a new years resolution - there are so many things I want to do but most of all I want to make the most of my time with my family.

AOTD - I am enjoying so much about Kate - I love her gummy grin - I can't wait for her to actually smile - she just smiles in her sleep. I also love the way she puts her arm around me when I hold her over my shoulder. There are so many things I am loving about her.

I hope all is well with you and your little ones.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:09 pm

Just wanted to hop on quickly and say hi to everyone. Ryan is doing well. He wants to be held all the time though. Kaitlyn continues to be the best big sister ever and I am enjoying my time home with my kiddos. I am no longer babysitting and won't start real estate school for a couple months so it is just me and my 2 kids at home right now. Nothing too exciting is going on here (which I am thankful for!). Oh, my grandma who has pancreatic cancer is doing well. Her most recent round of blood tests show no sign of cancer! They decided to do more chemo/radiation just to make sure it is all gone though. She will be having radiation/chemo once a week for a month and then will have one week off. That will happen for the next 6 months. She is a little depressed that she will be feeling crappy for the next 6 months. But the fact that she is showing no signs of cancer now is nothing short of a miracle. It is pretty much unheard of to go into remission for pancreatic cancer!

Jennifer - I am so sorry Easton got RSV. I hope he is well now and doesn't give you any more scares!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi Girls. I have not been able to get into this forever. I am not sure now if I am in the right spot.... maybe you girls are just not posting as much these days with all the new babies and us being super busy!!!! I do not know why my computer was denying my password and then took it today.

How is everyone

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:27 pm

I have been so busy! Between the boys, finding a new place to live, and preparing for dh to leave for a month, I barely have time to breath! Robert will be leaving on the 4th and will be back March 6th. Also, he will be deploying sometime between April and June for a year. I'm going to move back to Vancouver to be close to my family while he's deployed. Matthew is potty- trained and Nicholas slept through the night for the first time a couple days ago. Zachary rolled over (yay!!) right off the couch (boo!!). Both boys are still nursing exclusively. I am exhausted but 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.
Ok, that's it for me! I miss you girls. Please start checking in more often! Smile

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:02 pm

HI! I miss you girls too. I have been really busy lately. Having more than one child keeps you running! Nothing too exciting has been going on though. Ryan slept almost 8 hours last night! He has done 5 or 6 pretty regularly the past couple weeks, but that was by far the longest he's slept. It was heavenly to get that much sleep myself.

Jennifer - How is Easton?

Amy - I'm sorry your husband has to leave. But at leeast you will be able to be near family while he is gone.

Jess - Hi! You are in the right place, it has just been really quiet around here lately.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Where is everyone? I know that we're all busy with our babies, but I miss you guys! Crying or Very sad

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi ladies! It's been a while...since I started back to work 2 weeks ago, I can't find time to do anything...ha ha! How is everyone and how are your beautiful babies? Camden is so cute, I just want to kiss and hold him all the time. He is a really good baby and has become really attached to me holding him as much as possible (which I love)! As soon as I can I will post some pics...but things will only get busier, Connor's b-ball season starts the 24th, oh boy.

I miss you guys and hopefully soon we can get on here more often.
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Amy - have you found a place? I'm so sorry your dh is deploying but so glad you will be near family. Glad to hear the boys are doing so well.

Quincy - how is work? Luke starts soccer this week.

Jennifer - how is Easton?

Kate is doing good. She slept 7.5 hours last Wednesday but has gone back to 5-6 hours now. DH and I left her with my parents last night so we could go to dinner for our 9th anniversary. She cried most of the time and my mom said they almost called us to get our food to go (i'm not sure if she was kidding). My parents are watching my ds twins tonight. I'm afraid they aren't going to want to watch her again - it will probably be easier to watch the twins than my crying baby. She is really good most of the time but a little colicky in the evenings.

Hi to eoe.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Kathy - Ryan's fussy time is in the evenings as well. Right around the time DH gets home from work!

AFM: things have been busy here too. DH starts real estate school tonight. He is doing it in addition to his "real job" so that I don't have to go back to work any time soon and can stay home with the kids. I am so thankful that he's willing to do that, but it is going to be tough for both of us. He leaves the house at 5:30am for work and only comes home for about a 1/2 hour for dinner before school. Then he doesn't get home from school until about 11pm. That is a LONG day for him and also a long day for me home with the kids. I have to try to put both kids to bed by myself and that is Ryan's fussy time as I mentioned to Kathy.

Also, my stupid dogs ate my nursing pillow yesterday! I was so upset. It was the same one I used with Kaitlyn and was comfy and worn in. I know it is stupid to be emotionally attached to a pillow, but I can't help it! I had to go buy another one and couldn't find the same kind as my other one. I don't like the new one as well. What a waste of money! Stupid dogs!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Tiffany - your dh sounds wonderful. That is so sweet that he is going to school so you can stay with the kids longer. That is going to be a tough schedule for both of you. Have you found anything to help Ryan in the evenings? Kate likes walking around while being held over our shoulder. It gets exhausting.

Has anyone heard from Jennifer or Kim?

AFM - Luke's school called this afternoon - he has a fever, sore throat and stomach ache. I'm taking him to the dr tonight and praying that Kate doesn't get it.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:01 pm

We made it to page 2! Yay!

Quincy- Wow, you've been busy! I feel the same way about wanting to hold the boys all the time.

Kathy- I've narrowed it down to 2 possibilities. Now, I just need to go down and look at them to see which is better. I'm so jealous that Kate sleeps that long at a time! I'm sorry that Luke is sick... I hope that he feels better soon!

Tif- Your husband sounds so sweet. I'm sorry about your nursing pillow!

Adding to the list of missing posters, has anyone heard from Allison?

AFM- I found out that the earliest dh will be deployable is mid-June! I'm so happy that we still have a little more time. He'll be here for Matthew's 3rd birthday and our 4th anniversary. Dh is currently 2 states away doing some training and won't be back until next month, so it's been chaotic around here. All the boys seem to be really good at needing me at the same time.. Lol... Keeps life interesting though! Razz

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Kathy - Ryan likes the same thing - to be held with his head on my shoulder while I walk around or "bounce" around the house. Regular walking isn't enough!

Amy - That is great news that your husband won't be deployed as soon as you thought.

I have not heard from any of the missing posters you named. Do we have any of their email addresses so we can see how they are doing? I'm guessing they are just too busy to post right now. But that worries me a little that Jennifer hasn't been on because she's usually pretty active on here.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello Everyone!
Sorry I have not been on for a while. After Easton got out of the hospital everyone got the stomach flu and he went back in the hospital for dehydration. He was there about a week and now it is all better. He is starting to gain weight and is now over 10 lbs! I can't wait to see how much he weighs at his next appt. He is so cute!!! Well thing are starting to get really busy! Brayden started little league this week and all of the kids are also in soccer (Except Easton of course!). So Brayden has t-ball twice a week and soccer twice a week. Jocelyn has practice twice a week and Allison has practice 3 times a week. Allison and Jocelyn also have piano twice a week and now Brayden says he wants to do piano and hockey. He is a hockey nut, that is all he thinks about! He plays hockey from the time he gets home till he goes to bed unless there is a Kings game on then he is watching hockey! We are suppose to be getting a ice rink here in town but it is not finished yet. So he is now old enough for roller hockey. We may start him in May. But I think piano may be a bit to much to add to his schedule right now. He is only 5 and has a busier schedule than many adults I know!
Easton is really a great baby! He rarely cries he is always in such a good mood. All you have to do is look at him and he smiles! He is everything I could have hoped for and more. Now that he is well he is really starting to develop quickly. He is doing a lot more and staying awake longer. I am still not producing enough milk for him ut I am starting to get more now. I think all the time in the hospital and him not being able to eat was a major set back for me. We are now at about 3/4 of all his feedings come from me.
Well I had better go. It is time to give Easton a shower. He prefers to be in the shower with me rather than a bath. I have to admit I love it also. DH brings him to me when I am ready and then gets him out and dresses him. I'll try to check in more often! Please read some info I have pasted below.

Jennifer
Be part of our team!

HELLO!

On Sunday, May 17th I'm going to be participating in the 14th Annual Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House RELAY FOR KIDS! It's a Run/Walk through Sylvan Park open to kids, families and anyone who wants to come out and support the House! The money I raise will go to benefit the children and families of the Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House. I can't do this on my own though, and need your help! I'm inviting you to join my team and participate in this fun event. If you are unable to be there on May 18th, you can join as a virtual participant and still fundraise on our team...although we would love to see you at the Relay! You can raise money an for the team and be a prat of it with out even having to be there. If you would like to send this e-mail to all your family and friends please do so. I really need all of you! And RMH needs us!

Thanks for your consideration, and I hope to see you soon!

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Ronald McDonald House of Loma Linda

Some email systems do not support the use of links and therefore this link may not appear to work. If so, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://www.relayforkids.com/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=281820&u=281820-206796486&e=2236164553

Jennifer Shafer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:53 am

Not very much time tonight! Happy Valentine's day! I love you

Jennifer- So glad that you checked in and that Easton is doing well. I donated to the RMH. Hope it helps you meet your goal! Smile

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 am

Amy! Thank you Thank you Thank you so much! You are the first to place a donation for me! I can't thank you enough! RMH has helped us so much in our time of need. When Soren was in the hospital and also when Easton was so sick. It is so important for parents to be able to be there with their children when they are in the hospital, and so many could not if it were not for RMH! Thank you so much Amy for supporting RMH!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:57 am

This is being pasted from Soren's Carepage.

Well CHD awareness week is coming to a close. I know that this week helps people remember to spread the word of the devastating effect CHD's have on so many, but every day so many new parents become painfully aware of what a CHD is. We should be out there fighting every day to put a stop to the ignorance of the population! Only then will there be more funding and research done in to why this happens. Once we know the why we can work on stopping it from happening! I pray there will a day soon when children do not have to suffer from this CHD monster.
Please remember that families deal with this every day not just one week a year. Please pray daily for all of theses heart families and the children with a CHD.
Jennifer

Somewhere...someplace... today...
A family is waiting to hear...
Is something wrong with their baby?
The answers aren't quite clear...
This family has entered an unwanted world...
And they just don't know what to expect...
They first heard the words: heart defect.
And how they hoped this was not true...
And thought... this cannot be...
I too... know just how this feels...
For one day...this was me.
Somewhere...someplace...today...
A man and a woman embrace...
Their baby is in surgery...
They long to see her face...
They haven't got to hold her yet...
Without...a cord or line...
They pace the room awaiting news...
And hope she'll be just fine.
Prayers fill this busy waiting room...
And mom and dad are scared...
Somewhere...someplace..today...
The tiniest hearts are repaired.
A child's growing fast...
Smiling,laughing,thriving...
His mom thinks...can this last?
It's almost easy...to forget...
That anything is wrong...
Somewhere...someplace..today...
Her child seems so strong.
A little boy fights...just to live...
A father holds his tiny hand...
His love...all he can give...
The doctor's are all baffled...
They fear that he might die...
A family says goodbye...
Somewhere...someplace...each year...
More than 40,000 families will see...
What it means...when something's wrong...
They'll face a CHD.
Today...for just a moment...
Stop...remember...reflect...
Make time to tell someone you know...
"I've been changed by a heart defect".

~Stephanie Husted (Feb. 6 2007)
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Jennifer- You're welcome.. I wish that I could do more for such a wonderful cause! Thank you for posting that poem. So touching... Sad

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum