Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

September Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  tif333 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Amy - Of course we won't get sick of you. The past few days it has felt like the Tiffany and Jennifer board because we are the only 2 who have posted regularly! It will be nice for us to have a 3rd to get daily updates from! Very Happy
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:42 am

Hello everyone!
Every Wed. I work in my DS class room. I am getting to the point I dont know how much longer I can do it. Sad I have these darn BH so bad it stops me in my tracks. I am going to try it today but if I start contracting to much I will have to leave and tell her I can't help out in class any more. it stinks because I really like being in there. I feel like I know whats going on in class better. but I am so uncomfortable now. And one else having to stop doing anything yet? Anyone else have BH worse while up and about?
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:56 am

Hey ladies! I feel like a bad friend, not being on here enough! Doesn't my work know you guys are more important, LOL!! Anyway...

Jennifer- So sorry about the BH. I have had a few for the last couple days, but nothing like yours. Has your doc said anything about the severity of them? I hope they go away, it would be bad if you couldn't help out with ds class.

Tiff- I hope you are feeling well and I am glad you don't have to deal with a cousin that has the b-day of your baby's due date, I don't think I could take anything like that.

Amy-Connor (ds) is 6, this is his first year in pee wee (in OK the age is 6)...I thought tball was fun, but nothing tops a bunch of 6 year olds trying to tackle eachother. I just wish his team was better, poor boys haven't scored a touchdown yet.

Allison- Hope everything is well with you! I just realized you are almost 10 weeks away...can you believe it?

HI to EOE!!
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:13 am

Good morning! I can't believe it is only 10 am here. It seems like it should be around 3pm... Did I tell you guys about the boy I am babysitting? I usually only have him 1-2 days per week but I have him every day this week because his dad has training at work. Well, he is the grossest thing I have ever come in contact with. He is 3.5 but still puts everything in his mouth. He doesn't follow directions. He has a runny nose and has wiped it on every surface in my house with the execption of a tissue. Yesterday he climbed into my daughters bed and wiped his nose on her comforter. I about lost it. Then he wiped his nose on his hands, toys, and tried to wipe it on my curtains. He knows where the tissues are. I even put them in the living room on the kids table for him. He refuses to use them! Today he went to the bathroom and wiped his snotty bugary nose on my decorative towel. I am at my wits end with this kid! You would not believe the amount of lysol I have gone through.... UGH!! This is not what I had in mind when I decided to quit my job to stay home and babysit. The little girl I watch (the early bird) is the cutest thing. She is the happiest child I have ever seen. She loves coming over and has so much fun. And is not in the slightest bit gross. That is more what I was thinking I was getting myself into!! Okay, sorry for the long rant but I have had it!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Tif- Lol! I try to get on here as often as I can, but I’m very easily distracted by those darn chores…. Now that there won’t be anyone else here, I can postpone them! "He has a runny nose and has wiped it on every surface in my house with the execption of a tissue." Shocked Ewwww.....
Jennifer- My BH are way worse when I get busy. (That might have something to do w/the fact that it takes me an hour to mop) Don’t feel too bad if you have to leave for a while. Your health is very important!
Quincy- You’re not a bad friend. You should be blowing off work a little more, but I think I’ll forgive you this time… The image of a bunch of 6 yo trying to tackle each other is too darn funny!
Allison- How are you?
AFM- Dh is officially gone. Sad I'm on my own for the next week!

Last edited by Amy on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Amy- I think you were talking to me (Quincy) not Kim..I just didn't want her to be confused and wonder what was going on, LOL!!!
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Quincy- I just realized I did that!!! I fixed it. Duh! Embarassed

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:47 pm

hi girls, I am trying to type this on my mobile phone from a soccer game with dh. not very easy! I saved this page to my phone -- and created a forum here for the girls on my other board (jess are you here?? or there??) -- so maybe I can stay more plugged in. amy, see what you started with this forum? lol

my glucose test is tomorrow. I hope I don't fail!

ok, i'll be back tomorrow to do persies.

tif - that little boy sounds grossssssss.
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm

I am back from helping in DS class. Boy is it hard to keep up with 15 five year olds!!!! I am so tired! Sleep I have about 10 mins before my girls come home and an hour after that will DH comes home. Then it is off to soccer practice. We have practice 3 nights a week from 5 till 8pm. I hope I can stay awake during practice today! I always make someting for dinner that we can take with us the nights we have soccer because we just have no time to eat. On Monday we took kabobs but I am much less ambitious today and I think we will be taking sandwiches. I made pumpkin cookies to take but they are so good I am going to hide them and not share. I am so bad!

Amy-Sorry DH is gone. But look forward to seeing you on the board more often!
Tif- Ewwww. silent That is all I can say.

EOE- The BH did not get too bad today. No worse than normal. Which, for most people is bad. But I am dealing. I don't work in his class next Wed (Someone erased my name and put theirs!!!!!!) But after that I am only doing it for three more weeks then I will stop. I will be 8 months and it think it is pushing it for me to still be doing it. I can't believe it is coming up so fast! I went to a few stores and they had Christmas stuff out. I said, No way! It can't be that close! Since I am due before Christmas it makes me feel like it is really close to see decorations already! Its not even halloween! Why don't they let us get through one holiday at a time!!!!!
Hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:42 am

I must be mad

I'm really worried about how DD is going to react starting kinder about 2 weeks after bubs is due (that is how our school year works here). She is a bit of an agent of chaos when out of routine, and a new baby is going to put her WAY out of routine.

I went up to the school to ask about options to make the start of school easier for us. Especially as we aren't doing much in the way of 'big sister' preparation with her becuase we don't know if it will help (baby lives) or hinder (baby dies).

They've suggested I bring her to join the current Kinder class for the last 4 Wednesday mornings of the last term. But to stop ALL the new kinder parents wanting to do it, I have to go along as a parent volunteer, and just 'happen' to take DD along ('without permission').

So I will be 36 - 39 weeks pregnant. It is only a 1/2 mile walk to school, but I'm not sure I can do that in the summer heat, let alone cope with a bunch of 5 year olds. Actually, I'm not sure I will be able to cope with my own at that point Wink

This had better ease the transition!!!

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Oh My gosh I have been trying to find you girls for days. I have not been on enough to know we moved over here all the time.
I was so upset I thought I would not find you ladies again..
How is everyone?

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:58 pm

Yay, Jess is here! We've been wondering where you went...
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Hello Everyone!
Not much to report today. I have been a bit lazy! I went to my Moms after I took my kids to school. I stayed all day! I picked my kids up from school and took them over to my Moms. She got a puppy last night and it so cute! It is tiny! Well I am at DH work and we are leaving so talk to you all later!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Jess- I'm so glad to see you here! I was starting to wonder if we lost you.
AFM- Lame personals. I'm so darn tired today that I actually fell asleep on the couch when Matthew was napping... That's so unlike me! I have a strong feeling that I'll be lucky to make it to November w/these boys. I have all the end of pregnancy pains. I've been drinking lots of water and doing as little as possible... (Doesn't work so well w/a 2 yo running around!) Anyway, hopefully I'll have more energy an dbetter personals tomorrow. Smile

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 am

Hi Ladies,

Here I am, up at 3 a.m. -- AGAIN. Figured I would catch up on personals and try to do a little work...

Jess - yay! So good to see you. Did you see I started a forum on this site for the other thread? How is everything going with renovations? How have you been feeling?

Amy - sorry DH is gone now. That must be so hard. Will he for sure be around when you deliver?

Kim - that's a great idea to start taking DD to school now to prepare her for later. But volunteering...eh. That would be tough. Next week is your loss week, right? I am thinking of you and can't wait to hear how your scan goes! Did they determine what happened with your son?

Jennifer - I'll give you my address so you can send me some of those pumpkin cookies, LOL. Those sound really good! That was a little presumptuous of your sister to expect you to make her wedding cake when you are 8 mos. I have never made a wedding cake, but I've made regular cakes which aren't always easy IMO. Even harder if you're preggo! How are the BH? You have me worried with those short labors!

Tiffany - I am still gagging over the little boy you babysit. Gross! Are you guys done with the baby's room now?

Allison - how are you doing?

Quincy - I bet it's so cute watching DS play sports. My niece played T ball last year, and it was hilarious to watch her games. It was like herding cats, all those 6 yo's just sort of doing their own thing on the field, not paying much attention to the game they were playing. How have you been feeling? How is the GD?

Kathy - is everyone recovering from the hurricane OK where you are? What a mess! We had terrible winds through here, and a lot of trees were knocked down. A lot of ppl are still w/o power. And we are in OHIO! It makes me really feel for ppl who live near the coast and are hit hard by hurricanes. I can't imagine!

AFM - My OB appt today went well, and the GTT was lots of fun (not). I hope I passed the dumb thing because I so don't want to have to do the 3-hour test. MY OB did the FFN test b/c of all the BH. I didn't think that was necessary, but he did anyway. I think he just wants to take precaution because I live 45 min from the hospital...ugh! Also, I have a horrible belly button hernia...it hurts! Has anyone else had to deal with that? He said once I'm done having kids, I would need surgery. Yay.
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  mom2miracles Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks girls. I have a ton of personals and posts to catch up on so please bare with me. I thought I had lost you girls and was
so happy to find you. See I thought I had bookmarked this site, but apparently I did not . Then when I did find it I could not remember my password!!!
Glad to be back over here!!
Renovations are going SLOW still. He should probably will not be LOL but should be done here in the next three weeks!!!! that would be great!!!!
I am now 26 weeks and feeling good. Getting nervous again like I was in the begining!!! I would really like to enjoy the last 13 weeks. My csection is 13 weeks from today!! The count down begins...
How are you girls doing on rooms and pulling stuff together? Us not so well. the room is almost finished as in the new addition room, and dh has painted it but that is it. LOL.....

Talk to you soon and hope to catch up soon..

Jess

mom2miracles

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:22 pm

Jill- It’s hard to say if dh will be here for the delivery. He goes out of town at least once a month and it varies how long he’s gone.. It sucks! I’ve never had a belly button hernia, so no advice on that…
Jess- I hope that those renovations are over soon! I sure miss you!
AFM- I found out yesterday that my dh is FOR SURE going to be deployed next year. I don’t know where or when yet, but I’m really scared. I wish this darn war was over already.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Jess - I'm so glad you found us again and that is great news that your house should be ready in 3 weeks. So you will have 10 weeks to enjoy your new improved house before the baby gets here. I have 11 weeks till my scheduled c-section!

Amy - I'm sorry your DH is going to be deployed - I'm still praying for a good ending to the war.

Kim - What a great idea to take DD to school to get her used to it. That stinks you have to volunteer and walk 1/2 mile to do it.

Jennifer - What a great idea for nights with practices - I tend to get fast food on those nights (luckily it is just once a week). Your mom's puppy sounds adorable - what kind is it?

Tiffany - that little boy is so gross - my DS still wipes his nose on his shirt from time to time (which really bothers me) - but never on the drapes and comforter - that I know of.

Jill - We are in Spring which is 20 minutes north of Houston and about 1 hour from Galveston. A lot of our area is still out of power. My parents, BIL, MIL, and sister all do not have power. My parents and sister left town - I'm jealous they are going to the outlet malls in San Marcus and get to visit my uncle. It is amazing Ike did damage all the way up to Ohio. Good luck on your GD test - I was suppose to do mine this week but it was too crazy here. There are still a lot of places not open due to no power. I didn't even try to go to the lab - maybe I'll try Monday. As far as the hernia goes - I have 2 friends who had it. One was pretty bad and had had the surgery. The other still bothers her every once in a while now that her youngest is 3... but i'll see if they have any suggestions for dealing with it during pregnancy.

Allison - I hope you have a break from work this weekend.

Quincy - How are you feeling - still doing good on the GD diet. I've been eating so bad since Ike - i'm hoping to find a stocked grocery store without a line to get in tonight. We don't have any food that appeals to me right now. Just a lot of canned food we stocked up with last Thurs before Ike. My DS was suppose to start playing soccer last week but the fields closed for the storm and aren't re-opening this weekend. There are a lot of downed trees and I don't think the park has power yet. This hurricane is really causing problems here - my DS hasn't been to school since Sept 11 and it is doubtful they will start back on Monday.

AFM - Kate is doing fine - she was really active after I had donut holes this morning. And now she is moving again - I just ate some M&Ms. My eating habits suck right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Has anyone heard from Kelly or Beth?
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Jill - No, we aren't done with the baby's room yet. My husband painted it and we have the furniture put together and have the bedding. We need to do the chair rail, and put some decorations on the wall. I have been collecting decorations but haven't put them up yet.

Amy - sorry you have been zapped of energy lately. Boo on your hubby being deployed next year.

Jess - It seems like your poor house has been under construction for SO long. I am getting frustrated for you and I don't even have to deal with it myself! I really hope they will be done in 3 weeks.

Kathy - Beth is on the Tossed Turkeys new board so I have heard from her a few times. She isn't on that board all that often though. I haven't heard from Kelly though.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Amy-My brother was in Iraq for 2 tours. He was a mess when he came back. Part of it is he in artillery so he is front line and he was the driver of the tank. One day they had stopped to change their clothes because they were drenched in sweat, the back door to the tank was open and they were hit by a RPG. the shrapnel just shredded everyone up really bad. Since they were changing they had none of their protective gear on. My brother had a large piece a 1/2 inch away from his heart. he had it so deep in his legs his bones were chipped by it! It was a scary time. He did receive a purple heart for his injuries. He is not out but still in the reserves. He has PTSD so he is still in therapy and undergoing a lot of physiological study. He is getting better. What is your DH job? I hope it is not very dangerous. I will be praying!

Today has not been good. I woke at 1 am with a bad headache. I also noticed my legs are more swollen and stay very dented if I push on them. I took my blood pressure and it is 147/99. Not horrible but it is creeping up. I don';t want to go back to the hospital after the bad experience I had last time. If it does not get better I will go tonight or in the morning. I am still hoping to avoid preeclampsia. I don't know if I have any protein in my urine but I am praying I don't. I am going to go take a nap.

Jess- I can't believe you house is still not done! Please refresh my memory. Is the work being done by a family member? I am thinking I remember it was. Regardless, you should tell them this time frame is unacceptable and if it is not done by _______ you will be talking them to court! I can't believe how long it is taking! You are a patient woman!

EOE- Sorry if I missed you with personals! i am so tired I can't think straight! My kids promised they would be good while I take a nap so I am going to. Allison is 10 now and pretty responsible so she will keep an eye on things. Jocelyn just turned 8 and has a new book, a wrinkle in time, so she will be busy with that. And Brayden he will probably just get out his hockey net and play hockey in the hall way. Hockey is just about all he thinks about. My poor hallway was just painted not too long ago and is already all nicked up from pucks and sticks hitting it!!!!! My husband says we will look back some day when he is in the NHL and think fondly of these times. NHL is he crazy! Brayden is so cute, I can't imagine him with black eyes and no teeth! He is pretty good though! they are opening a new ice rink here in the spring so I don't think hockey will be out of his system anytime soon. At least soccer is a brief distraction.

Talk to all of you later!!!!!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Jennifer- My dh is infantry, so it's pretty dangerous. He's a grenadier(grenade guy) so he's at the front of the line, basically. I want him to change his MOS but he can't right now. How scary about your brother! PTSD is very common when soldiers come home. Really, how could it not be with all the stuff they see over there? I'm glad that he made it home, but I really wish he didn't have to be there in the first place. Your kids sound so fun!
Tif- No "AFM" this time? Smile What's new w/you?
Kathy- I haven't heard from either of them. Btw, don't feel too bad about your eating habits. I'm right there w/you! I just eat whatever sounds good at the time. (Terrible, I know.)
Allison, Beth, and Kelly- Where are you? Crying or Very sad

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Amy - Here you go, just for you! lol

AFM: I didn't do an AFM before because I figured you were all sick of hearing about the gross boy I babysit, and nothing else has really been going on today. Did I tell you guys I talked to gross boy's mom about him wiping his nose in inappropriate places? She told me they don't have that problem at home and that they use toilet paper from the bathroom or their shirts usually. WTF? They think that using your shirt is totally appropriate? Now I know where he gets it from. Gross. Anyway, today was much better with him. No inappropriate nose wiping.

Last night we took our daughter to Ballet Arizona's Ballet Under the Stars. They are an awesome professional ballet company and each year they do a few free shows in various parks. They just set up their stage and lighting in the grass and you bring your lawn chairs to watch. It is such an awesome way to introduce kids to dance because if they run around or are not very quiet, it's okay because you are outside in a park! We've gone 4 times now and Kaitlyn is just mesmerized by it.

What is everyone up to this weekend? DH has to work tomorrow and then we have a dinner to go to at his boss' house. I am just looking forward to having my own child (and ONLY my own child) at my house for 2 days! Very Happy
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Tif- I'd better not be sick of booger talk.. I'm going to have 3 boys soon! Anyway, I can't believe that that boys mom lets him wipe his nose on his shirt. It's not that hard to grab a tissue! That ballet sounds really awesome. My plans for the weekend are to sit around, maybe have my neighbor over for dinner since both of our dh's are out in the field right now. Other than that, nothing!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:37 am

Hi girls

I finally made DH have a converstation about how we will fit DD, baby and DH's $##$#*&(*&$* bike collection (3 bikes for a 6'4" tall man take up a LOT of space. Especially when you add the paraphenalia!), in DD's current small bedroom.

I think I made progress (getting a large $$$ quote for some specialized shelving made him much more reasonable about some other cheaper storage options Wink

We are definately getting rid of her current bed (which is falling apart, and too "IKEA' to actually repair - chipboard). I have a girldfriend who wants it. My Dad and I can pull it apart next week. We will also cut down a loft bed we have to a more reasonale height for DD, and install her a play space underneath (with storage for her toys / books etc).

Then my parents will go to IKEA with me and pick up a the bookshelf and drawers for her.

Baby is still ok, although I feel like my tummy is goingto explode.

Hope everyone else is OK today.

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 am

Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. We didn't really do much of anything. Got into a huge fight with DH Friday evening and we didn't really talk until last night. Sort of put a damper on the entire weekend. I was so upset with him I didn't go with him to a family BBQ at his boss's house on Saturday. Instead I sent our daughter with him and I went and got a manicure, pedicure, new purse, new sunglasses and a shirt to wear to my daughter's bday party. We really don't have the money for me to be shopping right now (DD bday party is next Sat.) But I really have been in need of a new purse for a while now. My old black one was falling apart. And I live in AZ and my only pair of sunglasses broke. And as for the mani/pedi, well I can't reach my toes anymore and while I was in there for the pedi, the mani was only $10 more... It all makes sense, right? Smile
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next