Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summer Thread Empty Summer Thread

Post  Amy Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:10 pm

New thread for the new season!

QOTW2- What are you and your family doing for the 4th?

AOTW2- If dh gets a mileage pass, we'll be going to visit some family.. If not, we have to stay w/i 50 miles of the base, so I'm not sure what we'd do. Maybe just watch the fireworks on t.v.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Summer Thread Empty Re: Summer Thread

Post  tif333 Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Kathy - Right now DH is just filling in at the branch in Tucson because the manager there was fired. If they offer him the position AND the right salary we'd take it and move down there. We are not very negotiable on the salary thing though. Either they offer him what he's asking for or he doesn't take the job. So we'll see! We have tons of family (almost all from both sides) in the Phoenix area. Tucson is only 2 hours south of where we are now so not too far to visit family, but less convenient than now. But we just bought our house 2 years ago and (like everyone else here) we are upside down on it so we couldn't sell it. We'd keep it and end up renting it out and then rent a house in Tucson. There is probably a 50/50 chance we'll end up down there. (Sorry for such a long answer!)

Amy - I'm sorry your Dh may be leaving sooner. I am such a planner so the 24 hr notice thing would not sit well with me either!

Jennifer - What a cutie pie. All of our little ones are growing so fast. I don't remember Kaitlyn's "babyhood" flying by this quickly. Ryan already has 2 teeth for goodness sakes!

AOTD about toys: Ryan's favorite toys are his little stuffed duckie that rattles and attaches to his carseat. And also his big sister. She is his own personal comedian. He just thinks everything she does is hilarious. (Kathy - Lucy is the giraffe, right? I have heard a lot of people recommend her!)

AOTD about the 4th of July: I really have no idea what we'll do yet. Kaitlyn wants to go watch fireworks so I'm sure we'll do that. The Moms Club I am a part of is having a get together that we may go to. Or we may celebrate at my parent's house like usual. Or, DH mentioned getting together with some of our friends. Who knows! (Amy - I hope you get a mileage pass so you can go celebrate as you please!)
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:26 am

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I have been so absent. This will be quick, but I'll try to come back soon. I'm STILL searching for a job. My back has just started to heal enough where I can actually envision working. I (knock on wood) have only had minimal pain for the past few days and have only taken meds a few times. A dear friend from Syracuse decided that she would meet me at JFK to help me make a trip to Orlando to visit my nephew (who is 5 weeks older than Kannon) and niece who will be 5 next week. We went down 2 weeks ago and had a great time. Two of my sisters and my aunt & uncle live there. It was an emotional trip, though. I lost Dashiell in the hospital where my sister is a labor and delivery nurse. The last time I was in Orlando was to collect Dashiell's ashes. I cried several times, especially when my sis got called in to work and I had to drop her off at the hospital. Other than that, it was wonderful. The link below has some pictures. Kannon is the blondie.
http://picasaweb.google.com/allisonmaynepeters/FirstTripToFlorida?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvnxoKDkeubfQ&feat=email#

Kannon is getting so big! At his 6 month appt, he was 15lb 4.8oz and 26". He's still little (10% for weight and 25% for height), but he has come a long way, considering he was below the 2% of weight when he was born. He has 2 teeth and about 6 more coming in. He's sort of crawling, pulling himself up to standing and sooo much happier than he used to be. (BOO COLIC!)

AMY - I'm thinking of you and keeping you, your dh and boys in my thoughts and prayers as he gets ready to deploy.

I've got to run. (have to get to physical therapy). I'll be back later to catch up with personals. I think of you and your los often!!!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:29 am

Tif- I hope we get the mileage pass too!

Allison- I'm so glad to hear from you! We've missed you around here. Happy to read that your back is feeling better.. Kannon is just beautiful. I love the pic w/him in a hat. Too cute!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi Allison! So good to hear from you. I'm glad your back is beginning to heal. I hope you find an amazing job soon. Thanks for sharing the pics. They are adorable and it looks like everyone was having so much fun. I love the little superman shirts!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Girls!

I hope you all had a nice 4th of July. Ours was nice & relaxing. We finally got a storage space in the building after being on the waiting list for 2 years. We spent the weekend moving stuff out of the off site storage unit into our building. It's so nice to be able to put his car seat somewhere accessible, but not in our one room apartment. The best part is that Kannon has a new room - a closet! You gotta love living in Manhattan. I'll post a pic below. The best part of our 4th was that we could see the Macy's fireworks from our bed. They moved them to the west side this year and we had a great view.

AMY - Did dh get the leave approved? If so, what did you do? I think of you so often. I can't imagine having more than one child to take care of, let alone a toddler and twins. You are one amazing chick!

TIFFANY - So good to hear from you, too. Thanks for the well wishes. Any more word on possibly moving to Tuscon? I think the SW is so beautiful. IT seems so foreign to me, being a New York State gal my entire life.

I need to see photos of all of the December babies! Please post them when you get a chance. I'll post a photo of Kannon's room later he's calling now!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:32 pm

Allison - Too funny about Kannon's room being a closet! I have been an AZ girl my entire life, so Manhattan seems just as foreign to me as the SW seems to you!

Here is a recent pic of Ryan. This is his future NBA player outfit! DH has nicknamed him The Great White Hype! LMFAO

Summer Thread Ryan6mos
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Tiffany - Cute picture! Ryan is getting so big.

Allison - It is great to hear from you. I enjoyed your vacation pics and look forward to more pictures of Kannon and his new room.

Amy - I hope the reason you haven't been on lately is because you and dh are spending time together. I hope you were able to travel for the 4th.

We had a bbq in our backyard with my mil and her 5 foster kids. We put up the waterslide and the kids had a great time. Kate now has 2 teeth and is getting up on all fours but not crawling yet. She started saying Da-da-da over the weekend and today I think I heard her say Ma-ma-ma. Not sure if she is talking about us yet. Luke is trying to get her to say "big brother".

Here is a picture of them from our Great Wolf Lodge vacation in June.
Summer Thread Luke_a10
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Kathy - Cute pic! I love little baby swimming suits. Kaitlyn was just telling Ryan the other day, "Say Kaitlyn!"
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Sorry I've been MIA. We did get the pass to go visit family for the 4th...

Robert left yesterday. I told Matthew that he needed to go, and he said, "Daddy no go!" It was just hard to hear him say that.

I'm not really up for posting right now. I'll try when I can see straight.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:58 pm

Oh Amy - Huge hugs for you. I'm sorry DH had to leave. It must be really difficult for you on so many levels. I am here if you need someone to vent/talk to.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Amy - I'm here too. I wish there was something we could do or say to make it easier for you. We are praying for you and your family. I'm so glad you were able to get the pass to go see family for the 4th. I pray that the months speed by and Robert is safely home before you know it.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:08 am

Thanks, ladies. I'm doing better today. I even made a slideshow for you guys!

https://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/Amy_Godbey/?action=view&current=4080d660.pbw

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 pm

I love your slideshow! The boys are getting so big. I love the pic of all the boys and their drinks. That picture of the army men really made me sad and proud. That day must have been so hard for so many. I admire the military and their families so much. I really don't think I could do it.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:15 am

Kathy- Thanks... The crazy thing about that pic is I could only get part of 1 company at a time, and there was 3 companies there at the time. So many men and women left that day. I hated to see so many families crying. That might've been the worst part.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Amy- how often do you and the boys get to talk to Robert? I hope it is a lot.

I could use some prayers tomorrow (friday). It is Jake's 3rd angel-versery. I am feeling pretty anxious lately. I plan to keep Kate home with me and will probably go to the cemetary. She is at about the same age Jake was. He was 8 mths 1 wk when he died.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Kathy- Praying for you, although I'm a little late. I hope your day was gentle. You are so strong. Btw, Robert and I have been able to talk about every other day, but that's going to change soon to about once a month when he gets to his fob. Sad It's going to be rough.

AFM- Yesterday was Robert's b-day. Poor guy had to spend 5 hours in a tent w/no a/c for a class and the he had to work out for an hour in the 120 degree heat. What a great birthday! (In case you can't tell, I'm super-grumpy today. Rolling Eyes )

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:58 pm

KATHY - Praying that your day yesterday passed peacefully. I hope that Jake made his presence known to you. Kate is just a doll! I'm sure you held her extra close yesterday.

TIFFANY - Ryan is such a cutie, too. I think we all had some good looking babies! Can you remind me how to post a pic to the thread? I can't remember!

AMY - I loved the slideshow. Your boys are beautiful and seem like three peas in a pod. Like Kathy said, I can't imagine being a military family. I know how hard it is when dh leaves to do a film or show. I can't imagine what you must be going through, especially being a mom. I will keep you & Robert in my prayers every day.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 am

Thank you for the prayers - I got through the day I always dread. In fact this was the easiest anniversary I've experienced this far and I felt kind of guilty. If we still had Jake we wouldn't have Kate. As much as I hate having lost Jake I can't imagine not having Kate. I am trying to just remember our happy Jake memories and know that he is in heaven watching over us and wants us to be happy.

Allison - I always forget how to post pictures - I'll try it and put some directions.

Amy - I'm sorry Robert had such a sucky birthday. I'm glad you get to talk so much now. What is fob?
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 am

This is they way I've posted pictures in the past...

Summer Thread Direct11
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:43 pm

Kathy - Hi! I am so glad Jake's angelversary was more gentle on you than expected. I was praying for you but was just so heartbroken for you I didn't know what to say. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to lose a child around Ryan's age. It just really hit home for me. I hugged him a little tighter that day too. I feel a little guilty sometimes being on the "loss" board because I have only had a miscarriage. Although that was difficult for me, it pales in comparison to the losses some of you have suffered.

Allison - I created a free account on www.photobucket.com. Then I upload my photos there and copy and paste the IMG code into my message on here.

Amy - You have every right to have grumpy days! Sorry DH had to spend his bday like that. Although, every day here is hot. It has been between 110-116 everyday for the last month or two. I do not have to work out in the heat though. That really would be miserable!

AFM: This Sunday is DH and I's 6 year wedding anniversary. My mom is watching the kids tomorrow evening so we can go out to dinner. DH still has not heard about the whole Tucson thing. I told you about that right? He should know within the next 2 weeks though if we will be moving there. I really hope not though...
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Tiffany - Thank you for your prayers - they helped. It is hard knowing our little ones are the same age now that Jake was. I'd been extra anxious about Kate - but seem to be a little better now. I think after I get past Aug 13 - I'll be much better. That is the day she will be the exact age Jake was when he died.
Don't ever feel guilty for being on a loss board -- all losses of babies at any stage is difficult. I'm sorry you are here but also glad because I love getting to know you. I hope you don't have to move - if that is what you want.

Has anyone heard from kiwi_piwi from Australia? The last time she was on was Dec 20 and I don't remember reading if she had a boy or girl and if everyone was healthy. I hope so... please let me know if you know anything.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Kathy - We have lost a lot of people from this board since the babies were born, haven't we? I think I remember seeing kiwi on the December babycenter birth board. I looked at our roster and thought we could email some of our MIA members. But most of them do not have email addresses listed. Maybe we could post something over at babycenter about a little reunion Smile
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:34 am

TIFFANY - Great idea to post on the December BBC board about a reunion. Honestly, I don't really go there anymore, but maybe some of the other gals do. Kathy is right, you should not feel guilty. We have all had losses. Even though mine was a stillbirth, I don't consider it anywhere near the degree of Kathy's loss, but the bottom line is that we all know what it is to lose a child. The friendships that we have developed are a very positive thing to come out of a very dark experience.

KATHY - Thanks for the photo instructions. I actually emailed a slideshow to my family recently, so this time, I'll just post the link below. I hope August 13th comes soon for you. I can't imagine the anxiety you must be feeling. (((HUGS)))

AMY - (((HUGS))) I hope you're doing ok. Please check in when you have a chance.

OK, as if you haven't seen enough Kannon pics, here is alink to the latest slide show:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=allisonmaynepeters&target=ALBUM&id=5359936351293960897&authkey=Gv1sRgCMf1h-a7nvSdOw&invite=COWi3cYO&feat=email

You may need to paste it in your browser, rather than click.
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Tiffany - thanks for the tip about using photobucket - I'll have to try that. And I love the idea about a reunion. I'm just kind of worried about kiwi_piwi - did anyone see a birth story for her on the BBC board? I haven't been over there forever. I've been in touch with hope_of_hevn (Jill) via facebook. She has a beautiful little girl.

Amy - I'm thinking about you...

Allison - I loved the slideshow. Kate has the same two teeth Kannon has. He is so cute.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next