Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

September Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:21 am

Jennifer - I hope your contractions stopped. I'm sure you are already doing it but drink plenty of water. Dehydration can bring them on. Please give us an update when you can.

All is well here.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:37 am

Question for all of you - What do Braxton Hicks feel like? I think I may be having them. I never had them with my daughter so I'm not sure that's what it is. I have a really dull crampy feeling in my lower stomach. Almost like I feel right before I start AF. Not really painful, but just dull and annoying. And then every now and then my lower tummy gets hard. Not my entire stomach, just the very lower portion. But the really dull pre-AF mild crampy feeling has been consistent for the past 1.5-2hrs. Not sure if I should call the doc or not. I can't really go in right now unless it is an emergency because I have babysitting kids here. I would have to have my husband use vacation time and come home from work (he works almost an hour away) so he could watch the kids while I go to the doc... That would of course take away from the vacation time he will have when the baby arrives. What do BH feel like to those of you who have had them?
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Kathy- Glad that you’re prepared for the storm. I’ll have you in my thoughts and prayers… Try to stay safe. We kinda like you around here!
Jennifer- Lacey is about 30 minutes SW of us. We live in Lakewood, which is really close to Ft Lewis where my dh is stationed. So far, I really like my dr but I’m scared that she might push for a c-section. Twin A is head down, so I have a pretty good chance for a vaginal birth, but she seems to be very cautious about it. So, we’ll see! I hope that your BH went away and that everything is fine. I’ve been having them quite a bit this pregnancy too, but my dr said that’s normal. Keep us posted!
Tif- For me, BH feel like VERY mild contractions. Not really painful, but I do notice them. Also, they’re never consistent. Meaning, if I timed them, they would be 10 minutes apart, them 15, or something like that. And they seem to go away pretty quick if I sit or lay down and drink water. Please let us know how you’re doing!
Hi to everyone else!
AFM- Nothing much going on here. I can’t get my photo bucket account to work and I really want to post my u/s pics. I’m going to keep trying. Do any of you use photo bucket? Have you had problems w/them before?

Amy

Back to top Go down

September Thread - Page 3 Empty BH are getting better.

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 pm

I am still having the BH but just every once in a while now. Nothing like last night. I think what caused it is, (sorry if TMI) I have had diarrhea for like 3 days (don't know why, I feel fine and so does my stomach), I have been trying to drink plenty but I think I was just losing too much fluids. The problem has stopped and I am drink a lot to help re-hydrate myself. Things seem to be getting better. I know I always have lots of these when I am pregnant but last night was just way to much! They already are starting to hurt me. I have to stop and wait for it to pass. I think that is why my labors are so fast because my body does all the work ahead of time!

Amy-Wow that is close to Lacey! I sure wish I could be in that area! It sounds really nice. My friend moved there about a year and a half ago, but I have not been up there. She came here to visit once. I sure miss her! We are very close!
Tif- Mine feel like mild to moderate contractions. Mine are getting worse as time goes on and now they are bad enough they wake me at night.
Kathy- Hope all is well! Stay safe! keep us posted about how you are doing with the weather. I hope it just passes you by!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Tiffany - I hope your BH or whatever you were having are gone. When I had mine they were regular - at one point 5 minutes apart. That was one of the times I went to L&D. Mine felt like contractions but not as painful (my back never hurt with them) it was more just the tightening and hardness of my stomach.

Amy - My sister's doctor said she would most likely have a c-section. Kari is fine with that because she read in her twin book - sometimes after the first one is born the second one stretches out and becomes breach. But that is great news that Twin A has his head down. How do you decide which baby gets which name - is the first one born Nicholas and the second one Zachary - or do you wait till they are both born and decide then. Just curious.

Jennifer - Glad your BH are getting better. When you go visit your friend - you'll have to hook up with Amy.

AFM - Kate is fine - I'm so glad to be feeling her move. I think we are as ready for the storm as possible. My DH brought the mattress down from the guest room and we have it in front of the windows in the bedroom. The winds are starting up - but no rain yet. DH and DS went swimming earlier today. I've made all our frozen cookies so the dough won't go bad if/when we loose power and we have 4 dozen cookies to snack on.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Jennifer- I’m glad that the BH are getting better. You’ll have to come visit if you see your friend in Lacey! I would love to meet you!
Kathy- To be honest, we don’t really have a plan on which will be which! Lol. We’ll figure it out though. I’m glad that you feel prepared for the storm, but I’ll still be worried about you. I like your style! 4 dozen cookies!
Where is everyone?
AFM- Tonight we’re having dinner with our neighbors. One of them works with Robert (dh) and the other is his wife. She’s 4 months pg, so we have a little in common. I’ll be back to let you all know how it went!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I feel much better today. I called the doc and he said to take it easy this weekend and try to lay down as much as possible. He said my husband gets the household and childcare duties this weekend. Very Happy Whatever was going on seems to have stopped though. And the baby has been nice and active yesterday and today. He keeps pushing a leg or foot or something out on my right side. You can feel whatever it is from the outside too and see my whole belly move. I am sure my side will be a little sore tomorrow but for now I am happy he is moving around in there.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:38 pm

hi girls

I've had a big weekend.

I cooked dinner for 12 and took DD to a birthday party yesterday so was fairly tired this morning.
The diner party was fun (and the 4 kids behaved very well) but I was wiped out by 11 pm when we finally broke up.

Fortunatly DH took DD to the aquarium this morning so I got a bit of a break (and the lounge finally got vacuumed).

The BBC board now has 3 babies (Abby, Xavier and Mac) who've made it at the same gestation or earlier my son died. I try to tell myself that he was likely to have have had alsorts of horrible complications at that gestation if he'd made it out alive, but is still hard.

DD(5) is doing some cute sculpture. I must get her some real modeling clay - I got this lot at goodwill for $1, and it is pretty dry and nasty. It is funny to watch her doing art, as I have no skill in that area myself.

Tif - I'm glad the contractions are ok. Are you sure you don't have a UTI - that is what the low dragging pain would indicate for me.
Plenty of water would help in both cases.

I wish I didn't feel so blah. I loved that brief 7 weeks of 2nd trimester energy.

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:23 am

Hello everyone,
I think I am just going to have to get use to have these BH contractions. I keep having them but not TOO many. Not enough to be too concerned about. They are just so strong already. It also makes me worry about delivery. My Dr. told me that is probable why I have my kids so fast is because my body does most of the work ahead of time. This time they are stronger and earlier that before. I think I mentioned that my last two labors were 15 and 14 mins. I sure hope the Doctor still wants me to be induced! He did not say anything at my last appt. I guess there is still lots of time to plan that.

Today is my DD Jocelyn's Birthday! She is 8! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! I will try to post a pic later of her.
Well I am rushing off to church so I better go. I will catch up later!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Wow, I didn't know that the December board has 3 babies already. I read about baby Mac, but who else had their babies?

Jennifer - Sorry you are having to deal with BH. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Nothing too exciting for me today. I feel like a big ol bum because my husband is cleaning our house while I am sitting in the recliner playing on the computer!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Ugh...I knew I'd have a hard time keeping up. Hi everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I think about you all a lot and hope everything is OK.

Tiffany - I'm sorry to hear your grandma is going through so much, but am glad she made it through surgery just fine. I really hope the dr's did get all the cancer and she is on the road to a full recovery! Yay for DH having to take over housework and kids this wkd. I hope your ctx are better.

Jennifer - happy birthday to Jocelyn! I am so glad your BH are getting better. That's interesting that you may have a short labor again and that the BH contribute to that. That scares me! My BH have started back up again. If having BH a lot means I'm going to have a shorter labor...yikes! My dr / hospital is 45 min away.

Kim - that's quite a feat to have dinner for 12. I'm impressed! I am sorry that these early births are hard to hear about, especially when you must be left wondering "why didn't my child survive, but theirs did??" I hope DD is feeling better.

Kathy - did you make it through Ike OK? The frozen cookies sound wonderful. We are getting major winds right now from Ike. Last I saw Leo's baby pool (my dog), it was flying through the air somewhere in our neighborhood. The cable's out (which makes me wonder how I'm able to post this), and I think our power's about to go out. I feel for people who actually live near those storms!!

Amy - I love the names for your boys you picked out. Those are really precious!

That's all I can remember right now. So hi to EOE!

I did waaay too much this weekend and of course I paid for it when the BH started back up big time. I was up almost all night last night and wondered at what point I should call the dr. I sat around all day today (snore) and it's much better. My glucose test is Thursday. Do I need to fast for that?
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Hey Jill,
I had to fast for 12 hours for mine. But I have heard some people say they only had to fast 2 hours. I would give your dr a call and ask what thay want. I had a morning attp so I just did not eat breakfast.
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Jill - It depends on what gucose test you are getting. My doc's instructions were just to not eat or drink anything after you drink the gross orange drink. Then you wait an hour and get your blood drawn.

Okay, now a vent for a minute. My due date would have been tomorrow had I not miscarried. Right after I miscarried, my aunt announced that she was pregnant and due just a couple days after me. With her daughter, she never went into labor on her own and ended up being induced. She still didn't progress and had a c-section. Her c-section with this pregnancy was scheduled for Friday. Well, it is now 6:30pm here and I just found out she is in labor and headed to the hospital. She is going to have that baby on my freakin due date! I obvously know she can't help it but I find myself so upset. Any other day in the entire freakin year would have been just fine. But no, she is having a baby on my due date for the one I miscarried. Throughout her entire pregnancy I have felt sort of depressed around her because she acts as a reminder of where I would have been in my pregnancy. Now I am afraid this baby will always remind me of how old my child would have been. UGH! What a cruel joke for her to get pregnant at the same time and then have the baby on my due date. I told my mom to pray for a swift c-section tonight because if my aunt has the baby tomorrow I'm not celebrating. She told me I was weird and that I'll be the only one not celebrating. Nice, mom!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 pm

I can understand being upset. It is hard enought to lose a child but to also have a constant reminder of what your child would be doing and how big they would be would be so hard. It is hard for me to see babies around the same age that Soren would be. And that is not something I will have to deal with all the time and have it be a family member and act like it does not bother me. I am so sorry, this must be so hard. I will be praying for you and for you to find the right way to handle this.
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

Quick question. With the appointments, should I just update the one I already posted or do a new one each time? I almost think i would be better to just updated it so I don't have a million different posts but I don't know how you guy are doing it. Sorry I am so lame!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to say that I'm here and around, but SUPER busy at work. I probably will be for the next 2-3 weeks. I'm thinking of you all.

TIFFANY - I really hope that today is gentle for you. I'm so sorry your edd has to be shared with your aunt actually delivering. (((HUGS)))
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Jill - for the first glucose test I didn't have to fast with my other pgs. But i think I did with the 3 hour one. I was planning to go sometime this week for my first glucose test and my doctor just told me not to eat a sugary breakfast.

Tiffany - I'm right there with you my college roommate was induced on my first m/c date we were scheduled for the c-section. It was really hard - but luckily she had him the next day instead. I hope that happens with your aunt. I have only seen her son once since she has moved out of town now(she named him Jake after my Jake). But with it being family - seeing the baby probably can't be avoided. I hope it gets easier for you as time goes by.

Kim - 'm sorry the birth stories have you wondering why not your son. I know I do that a lot too. I am impressed with your dinner party for 12 - I don't think I could do that unpregant - but for to do it while feeling badly is even more amazing.

Allison - Hope work calms down a bit - I have a feeling I'll have a lot to catch up on once the power is back at my office.

Amy - I don't think I'd have a plan yet for which gets what name - my sister is lucky one is a boy and the other a girl so she knows who gets what name.

Jennifer - Good question about where to put our updates. I'm fine with them here on this tread. But whatever will work for me. That is interesting about your short labor being related to the BH - I sure do hope your dr induces. Were most of your babies born near their due dates?

AFM - we survived hurricane Ike - Jill - I'm sorry you are now feeling its affects. Our power went off at 2:30am Friday night - and just came back on Sunday at 4pm. Our phones were working on Saturday - but stopped working Sunday and are still out. I have DSL so am unable to connect to the internet. But my neighbors have a cable modem so I'm over here now using it. While Duke and the neighbor cut the tree top the fell in street. We lost 2 pines during Ike - the top of one in back snapped and landed on our neighbor's house (small hole - but big enough to get a lot of water in). The other one fell in front - into the street and around the mailbox - no damage.
Baby Kate is fine - she's been moving around and I am fine to watch the work and pass out cookies. I'll try and write again tomorrow. Hope all is well and you all with BH - stop having them.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Tif- I know exactly how you feel. My sister and I were pg together during my last pregnancy. It was so hard to see her after I lost dd… Our EDD’s were 3 days apart. I got to the point where I couldn’t see her for a while and we rarely talked to each other. (Her and I are very close normally) Since my nephew was born, it has gotten easier bc of how much I love him, but every little thing reminds me of my sweet baby… I’m hoping that it will pass. I know it’s normal to feel that way but I still feel guilty. I hope that you had a gentle day, considering. Big ((hugs)).
Jennifer- I’m just posting my appts as I get them! Lol.. It might be easier to just update, but I didn’t think of that.
Allison- Good to see you, Ms. Busy Bee! I miss having you around!
Jill- I’m not sure about fasting. My last test, I had to but my dr says that I can eat before. I think it depends on who you’re seeing!
Kathy- It would be so much easier if I had one of each! No confusion for the names. Glad that you all made it through the hurricane ok… I was worried about you!
AFM- Now I’m starting to have BH every other day or so. I’ve never had them before so it freaks me out a little. My dh is leaving on Weds for a week out in the field where I have no way to contact him. I’m afraid that I’ll go into preterm labor while he’s gone…
On a more positive note, I just read that Niff and Mac are doing well! I’ve been talking to her for a few months and she’s such a nice woman. I feel awful for all that’s she’s been through, but at least there’s a light at the end of the tunnel!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 pm

Amy - Sorry about the BH. I had none during my pregnancy with my daughter and had them for the first time last week too. I hope you don't go into ptl (especially while your husband is out of town!) Do you have a friend or family member nearby who could take you to the doc if the BH get worse?

Kathy - Glad you made it through the hurircane with (relatively) little damage. I hope all of your power/phone services are restored quickly.

AFM: Thanks for all the kind words. I am breathing a big sigh of relief because my aunt had the baby last night. I don't know why, but the day before my EDD is so much better than ON my EDD. She had a c-section scheduled for this upcoming Friday. She had a c-section with her daughter and really didn't want to attempt VBAC. I was worried that since she went into labor almost a week early on her own, they would encourage her to try VBAC and the baby would be born today. She didn't go to the hospital until 6:30 or 7pm so I also worried that they wouldn't have an OR ready for her and she'd end up getting a c-section after midnight. But, luckily they got her into the OR in a relatively short amount of time and she had the baby last night. YAY for the swift c-section in this case!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Tif- I am so glad you do not have to worry about your Aunt giving birth today.. What a relief! I can see what a sad situation that would have put you in. I am just glad that it is not the same day. Also, I know it must be a hard day for you today, so just know that I am thinking of you and I care.

I really am so thankful for all of you here! I think God lead me here because I really needed the support of people who understand what I am going thru. I also enjoy the friendships that are growing from it. You all are so great and make living each day a bit easier. I look forward to checking to see if anything new is going on with all of you. I am so glad we can be there for each other.

Kim- Wow, 12 people I bet you were exhausted. My sister asked me to do her wedding cake for her. I know she thought I would do it. But she is getting Married Nov. 8th! Hello! Did she really think I could stand that long to do a wedding cake at 8 months pg. And can you believe she was upset with me, She thought she was not going to have to pay to have a cake and since I said I couldn't do it she had to work that into her budget. My Other sisters boyfriend is a chef and he is doing the food. My parents are just having to buy the food he is preparing it for free. So she is already getting a huge break on that. She just wants so much she is trying to get it all even if it means making other people uncomfortable. She already did not ask any of us (brother and sisters) to be in the wedding. I guess she did not care if I got to see her wedding or not because if I were doing the wedding cake I could not be in there for the wedding. Oh well. She is the youngest and was an only child at home for most of her jr high/ high school (She is now 21) so she is use to getting what she wants. I think she is a bit selfish. Wow, I was not even planning to vent, but there it went spilling out! Sorry. I guess I am a bit irritated. Back to Kim! What a cool thing I bet all your guests were impressed that you were such a wonder host and could do it all even while PG!

Amy- Sorry about the BH. Mine are getting so bad. I feel like I am in labor. But when it is over I feel fine. I was at target registering for a few more things we need and DH was with me. He is getting use to me having them. Every time I would stop, He would just stand next to me and put his hand on my back and rub it. I looked up at him and he was going thru the motions but he was reading the back of a video game the whole time! I told him if he was not going to ack like he was there for me I was going to kick him everything I had one so he could "experience it also" Boy, was I grumpy that day. I tried to stay off my feet for a whole day to see if it helped. It didn't I had them even if I just lay there, all day. Oh, well. I guess it is time to just accept another 3 months of it.

Kathy- I am so glad you made it through with minimal problems. I can't even imagine! We have earthquakes all the time but nothing that could blow my whole house away! Glad you are OK!

TO everyone else! Hope you all are having a great day!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:16 am

Hi girls

My OB appointment was fine. Baby is exactly on the 25th percentile. OB said 'longs limbs' from the mini scan, athough 10 days ago they were exactly average too. I'm going back for another OB visit/mini scan next wek (my loss week) so I hope tha will help me stay sane.

My mum and dad will be here so can come along if they want to. I think mum would like to.

Am feeling quite odd - friends who we assumed were the most stable couple in the world just told us they are separating, and I can't quite get my head around it. My 'gold standard' for parenting and coupledom just got rudely blown out of the water.

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:34 am

Tiff - I'm so glad your aunt didn't have her baby on your due date. I hope yesterday was as gentle as possible and today is even better.

Amy - I hope you have someone you can call while you DH is out of touch. Do you live on base? Just curious - I've been watching Army Wives this season.

Kim - interesting news on your scan - did the baby have a growth spurt? I'm glad you get to go back next week and that your mum will be with you (hopefully). I'm so glad you are almost past your loss date. I hope the week leading up and it itself to it is uneventful and kind to you. That stinks about your friends - we haven't gone through that yet. But I'm sure it is hard to see. Especially when you thought they were stable.

Jennifer - I am so thankful for all of you too. It was hard not being able to check on you guys the last few days. I can't believe your sister would ask you to make a wedding cake at 8mths. I guess she doesn't realize what it is like to be that pg - yet.

AFM - I'm up early - I had a nightmare and now I'm trying to figure out if we are working today. We got our home phone service back around 10pm last night but now our cell phones aren't getting any signal. This is so weird. Well - I guess it is late enough to try my boss.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 am

Kim - I'm sorry to hear about your friends separation. It seems like it is often shocking which couples split up (and often which couples stay together!).

Kathy - lol on your comment to Amy about watching Army Wives! Do you find that you remember your dreams more when you are pregnant? I remember my dreams when I am not pregnant but they seem to be even more vivid when I am pregnant. Sometimes I have nightmares too and can't go back to sleep. Or I will have dreams about various people and find myself feeling angry with them when I wake up! Crazy, I know.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Hey ladies, I haven't been on in a while. I had a really bad head cold this weekend. Probably because I stood in pouring rain for 2 hours Sat watching ds pee wee football game, not be biased but boy is he a natural!!

Kathy- Where about Texas do you live? Oklahoma got hit pretty hard with the rain and wind, but it all was gone by Saturday afternoon.

I am pretty busy here at work since I called in yesterday, so I will be on probably tomorrow to update on personals.
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Tif- Thankfully, I have a neighbor that I’m friends with. There’s also a woman on my other board who lives about 20 minutes away and she said that she’d take me in if I needed her to. I’m glad that everything worked out w/your aunt!
Jennifer- That story about your dh made me smile. Sounds a lot like mine! I think he’s probably sick of me complaining about the BH. He always compares his ruck marches to being pg. (The biggest difference is that after the march, he gets to take his darn backpack off whereas I don’t have the option!) MEN!!!
Kim- Your OB seems very nice… I wish mine would’ve scheduled a scan for my loss week. Maybe I wouldn’t have gone so crazy. Interesting news about the long limbs! I’m sorry about your friends. Maybe they’ll find a way to work things out.
Kathy- I have a couple people, thankfully! We live right off base bc housing is full. We’re still on the waiting list and we got here in March! I think we’ll continue living off base bc there’s no way I’m moving right now. I love where we live so it’s not any big deal. Ironically, I’ve never seen Army Wives! On the military board, the ladies love it but I don’t have any attention span for T.V. Yay for getting your phone back!
Quincy- I hope your cold is gone! How old is your son? I can’t wait to get Matthew (my ds) into pee wee. My dh loved it when he was a kid.
AFM- My dh leaves tomorrow. I’m so paranoid about going into labor w/o him here that I’m probably going to do nothing the whole time he’s gone. Yesterday, I mopped the kitchen and had to sit down right after bc my back hurt so dang bad! I feel lazy, but I’m not going to hurt myself to get a clean house! Dh actually nagged me bc I refuse to sit around all day. Lol.. I really think that he’s sick of hearing how many times I hurt myself doing simple chores. Anyway, I’ll be around a lot more once he’s not here so I hope you guys don’t get sick of me!

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next