Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

September Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  hope_of_hevn Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:05 am

Hi everyone. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Tif - so sorry about the fight with DH. But yay on the new purse, pedi, mani, etc! Are things better now? When is DD's birthday? How old will she be?

Allison - your post didn't go through. How are you doing? How is your job with all this financial turmoil? The economy really has me stressing right now. I keep telling DH I want to pull out all our money and just stash it under the mattress. LOL.

Jess - I'm starting to stress too. I need to find someone who can take over some of my work after the baby -- or at least find a nanny. DH is almost done painting her room. Once that's done and the furniture arrives, I'll just need to get miscellaneous items I think (I hope). But we still have quite a bit of work to do. Are your boys getting excited for their brother to arrive?

Amy - I am so sorry that DH may be gone for the delivery!! And deployed next year! Ugh! Do you get to talk to him often when he's gone? Is the military at all flexible on stuff like that? If he won't be around, will someone else be in the delivery room with you?

Kathy - I'd love any advice your friends have regarding their hernias. How are you doing?

Jennifer - that's awful your brother went through that! How terrible! I so hope you don't have pre-e, and the swelling is going down. How are the BH?

Kim - sounds like you have a really well-made plan for DD & baby's room. This is your loss week, right? I am glad to hear baby's OK. And I hear you on belly feeling like it's going to explode!

AFM - I am starting to feel body parts which is cool (a little weird, but awesome). Feels like a heel or something running across my belly. I am stressing a little about work (I work from home). I was trying to avoid finding a nanny, but I may have to. The woman I hired to handle some of my workload may not be working out so well so I either have to find someone else or find a nanny for several hours / week -- or both. I am not sure how to go about finding either.
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Kim- Yay for getting through to dh!
Allison- Good to see you, even if I can’t read what you said!
Tif- Sorry about the fight w/your dh, but good for you for getting a mani/pedi! That’s on my to-do list.
Jill- When dh is out in the field, we don’t get to talk. As far as talking during deployment, I’ve heard that we’ll be able to at least once a week… I’d probably call my MIL to be in the delivery room w/me if dh can’t be. What kind of work do you do from home? I’m trying to find something to fill my time.
AFM-Matthew has to have shots on Wednesday. I have to take him by myself, which I really hate bc I cry more than he does! I’m going to bribe him w/ice cream to make him love me again when it’s over.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:27 pm

Jill - Yes, things are fine with DH now. We finally talked last night. DD turns 4 years old next Saturday (the 27th). I am also starting to feel body parts. He keeps sticking something out on my right side. You can actually see/feel a very small rectangular shaped body part sticking out. And he leaves it there for a while. I have to rub it a little to get him to move it because it is uncomfortable after a while. I can't tell if it is his foot or part of his leg that he is sticking out.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 am

Hello Everyone,
Just want to stop in and say hi. I have not been feeling well and have been taking it easy. Pressures are still up and my swelling is not getting better yet. I start NST testing today and I am sure they will catch it if it is a problem. I also have a regular ob check this week and I'm hoping that they will not find any protein in my urine. My pressure is running about 152/100. A bit too high. I will catch up on personals later today I hope. Thinking of all of you!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am

Hi guys! What happened to my post from yesterday??? It disappeared!

Anyway, I'm crazy busy with work, but things are going well. I just popped in yesterday to say that I miss you all & you're in my thoughts every day! I passed my GD test, so I'm happy for that. After tomorrow, things should calm down a bit, so I'll be back.

Love you all!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:52 am

Jennifer - I'm sorry you are having BP/swelling issues. Welcome to the 3rd trimester! Smile Was it this board or my other one where I was sharing my swelling stories? My feet got so swollen with my DD that I could not fit any of my shoes anymore. I was working at a large lawfirm and wore flip flops with my business clothes! Real cute, right? It was completely against dress code of course, but what were they going to say? haha

Allison- I just wanted to say hi and I hope things settle down at work for you.

AFM: I only have the little girl I babysit today and feel like I am on vacation! It has been a nice uneventful morning. Hmm... what else? Oh, my next appt is on Thursday and I have my GD test then. And this weekend is DD 4th bday party. We are going to BBQ in the park. There should be around 40 people there. And that is cutting way back from last year! Last year I rented a pony and there were about 60 people at her party!! My parents always had big bday parties for us when we were little. They always made a huge deal out of it and we felt so special. All of our friends looked forward to our bday parties all year because they usually did something fun/unique. I am trying to do this with my daughter too. This year we are just having it at the park, BBQ'ing and the theme is The Backyardigans. I got sand buckets/shovels for all the kids and put bouncy balls, sidewalk chalk and bubbles in them. Should be fun!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Hello everyone,
I am back for NST and things look good with the baby. Not so much for me. I guess my pressures are an issue. My glucose test came back bad. I have to do the 3 hour test tomorrow. They found ketones and protein in my urine. I was put on blood pressure meds today. I am a little sad and a bit tired so I am going to go lay down. I will check back in later.
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 pm

Jennifer - I'm glad all looked good with baby Easton - sorry about your blood pressure and protein and GD test. Do you have to do the 24 hour urine collection? I hope you are able to rest and the bp meds do what they are suppose to.

I did my 1 hour JD test yesterday - and am hoping to avoid the 3 hour one.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:33 pm

I did a 24 hour urine test at 20 weeks and it was a bit high but not extremly so it was not much concern at that time. But now it is. I don't know if I will have to do it again or not. I hate having to save my pee. yuck! Oh well. I guess we always have to do things we would rather not. As long as it helps me keep this baby in as long as needed!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Jennifer - Saving your pee wouldn't be the most fun thing in the world but not too terribly aweful in the scheme of things. I was talking to someone else today who thought their water broke while they were sleeping but it turned out the baby was laying really low and directly on her bladder. I bet she never thought before she was pregnant that finding out you peed yourself would actually be a relief and a good thing considering the alternatives! Ahhh, the things we do when we are pregnant!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Tiff - what a relief that must have been to find out it was pee

Jennifer - i hate collecting urine - but like you said whatever it takes. I had to do it with both my other pgs.

Jill - from one of my friends with hernias (this one hasn't had the removal surgery) - Drink lots of water, take as many Tylonal as the dr. will allow, curl up in the fetal position, and wait for the pain to stop. I noticed mine would act up when I was dehydrated or had worked certain stomach muscles, mostly from raking leaves, but I recommend avoiding any similar action like vacuuming while she's pregnant. Also, if the pain does not subside within a few hours, CALL THE DOCTOR!
Hope it helps.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Sorry I haven't posted.. Matthew has to get his shots tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck. We're seeing his new dr for the first time and I'm taking him by myself for the first time... Robert will be home tomorrow so I'm hoping that he'll make it in time to come w/us, but that's not likely... Oh, did I mention that it's supposed to be rainy and cold all day and we have to ride the bus? It's going to be so much fun! Crying or Very sad
I'll try to get on tomorrow for personals...

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 am

Amy - I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow and your DH gets home in time to go with you. I have had to go to most of my DD appts alone and hate it every time. It has actually gotten better though. At her 3 year old appt the nurse gave her shots and put a band aid on her arm. She talked the whole time and then asked why she put a band aid on her arm! She didn't even realize she got a shot! Try not to be too nervous about it and he won't be either. If you are scared, it will only make him more so.

AFM: I think I am having BH again. I am all crampy and (TMI alert) have had a very loose BM this morning. The only thing I can think of is that I tried to do too much yesterday. I picked up the entire house, moved everything out of the playroom and vacuumed that room and the entire house. This is not fun! I only have my daughter and the 2 year old I babysit today. But I am supposed to meet with another family this afternoon who needs someone to watch their 16 mo old 3 days per week.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 pm

Tiff - please try to take it easy. Good luck with your meeting this afternoon. I hope it is an easy child - if not please don't take him/her. I hope your BH are better.

Amy - GL with the shots today - my son's 4 year shots were the worst. He would not walk the whole night and next morning because it hurt too bad. I'm sure it did hurt but he is also a little dramatic sometimes. I hope your DH is home in time and the weather is nice.

Jennifer - How are you feeling today?
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Hello everyone,
I did my 3 hour test this morning and it made me feel so sick! I felt awful! Then when I got home I had a biscuit with butter on it and my stomach got so sick. I started having diarrhea (Sorry fi TMI) then I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I lay down for a bit and I feel a little better now. I don't know if it was the test or maybe the new meds or what. Oh well. I hope this will pass. I have to go DH just walked in the door. Talk to you all soon!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:13 pm

Thank you Tif and Kathy! The appt went fine. He didn’t even need shots this time! I worried myself for nothing. Lol…
Jennifer-Hope you feel better!
Everyone else, start posting! We miss you!
Dh didn't come home today and probably, according to rumor, won't be home until Friday. I'm annoyed! Evil or Very Mad

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:55 am

Amy- Sorry DH may not be home till Friday. That sucks for you. My DH has been annoying me! I don't know why. He has not done anything really wrong, he just is getting on my nerves. Maybe I should have him enlist so I get a break! J/k I know as soon as he was gone I would then be complaining, I miss My husband! OH, well. Its probably hormones. So glad you did not have to get shots for you DS. I always cry when my kids get shots. I hate to see them in pain. (My 10 year has been getting the cervical cancer shots, only one more! But I even cry when she gets shots! She does not even cry, but I do!)

My tummy feels better today. I have a OB check today and NST tomorrow. I now have NST twice a week and see my regular ob once a week. I also had my next F/U changed to the Oct 13 because my OB wants the high risk Dr to do it, not the ultrasound tech. I don't know why. But it makes me worried he thinks somethings wrong. He did not say that but it makes me think. He did not even tell me about wanting the Dr to do it. I just found out at NST when they came in to change the appt. What do you guys thing of it?

Saturday is going to be so busy! We have three soccer games in the morning. My oldest, Allison's is an away game and is at the same time as Jocelyn's and Brayden's. So DH is going to have to take her to her game, Crying or Very sad I love to watch her play! I will try to manage running back a forth between the other two games. Not only that but we just found out last night that they have pictures the same day. And of course one has pictures when the others game will be starting. So now I have to run between games and try to manage the picture schedule. the pictures are 15 minutes before the game and their game start a 1/2 hour a part. So I will take one to there picture after there pic is taken run them to their field and then run back for the next set of pics, then run them to their game, then run to the first field and check on things. Then run back to the second game to watch a bit! I will be going back and forth the whole time. It will be crazy!!!
Also on Saturday we are having a big party for our girls birthday. We are having it at my Moms so they can have a swim party. Allison wanted a High School Musical Party,and Jocelyn wanted Camp rock. So we are doing both. We are setting up a stage and doing karaoke also. It should be fun! The kids (and me!) will love it! I am going easy and just doing cupcakes. Allison wants pumpkin with cream cheese frosting and Jocelyn wants Chocolate mint with ganache. I sure hope my 3 hour GD does not come back bad on Friday. I want a cupcake!

Well i have to get my kids off to school, so talk to all of you later!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:08 am

Jennifer - Your Saturday does sound busy. We start soccer games next Saturday - because of Ike it got pushed back 3 weeks. The girls party sounds like lots of fun. I would love a cupcake too in fact I'm really craving one now- your cupcakes are a lot fancier than the box ones I make or buy. I hope you can eat them too - when will you have your test results back? I had to do the 3 hour test with my first and I remember feeling sick during and after it too. Maybe the reason for the HR dr doing the u/s is so they can check on the heart again? Not that something is wrong. A positive is the dr can give immediate feedback and you don't have to wait for your dr to review with the u/s tech.

Amy - Glad DS didn't have to have shots - that stinks about DH.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 am

Hey ladies! What a busy week again! So I had to go to the dr this morning because I have been having this really bad pain right under my right breast. It usually comes and goes all day and then when I get home and finally relax it goes away. Doc said that the baby is pushing my organs up and my upper torso is stretching more to accomodate all the organs...wow!! I hope I don't have to deal with that for 12 more weeks....

Good news...my company has put our software on my pc at home so that I can work during my mat leave, so I can get paid. Then this morning my boss said if it works out well then I can work from home 3 days a week and only have to come to the office 2 days. Oh how awesome would that be, I could get the best of both worlds, stay home with baby but also get that adult conversation.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and I'm glad so far no one else has gotten GD... I don't wish it on anyone....especially because I want one of your cupcakes Jennifer Crying or Very sad
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 pm

Jennifer - mmm cupcakes! I am making cupcakes for my DD bday on Sat, but not as fancy. They will be shaped like popsicles though and be on sticks!

Quincy - That is awesome about the maternity leave and possible work from home later. I was working 3 days a week and LOVED it. You are right, it really is the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, I was having issues with my babysitter (who is also my aunt who had the tacky baby shower). So I quit my job and stay home to babysit now.

Amy - I'm glad the dr appointment went so well and DS didn't have to get any shots.

AFM: I just got back from my appt. The good news is that my doc said my cervix is tightly shut and is not thinning out or anything. The bad news is that they found "quite a bit" of blood in my urine. Which is strange, because it doesn't look like there is any blood to the naked eye. She said that their in office tests weren't showing any infection. She thinks it might be kidney stones which would cause the weird cramping and the blood in the urine. They are sending it to the lab for more testing to see if they can find a definitive answer. Why do I keep having all these weird symptoms?!? First the red blood cell antibodies (which eventually magically dissappeared). Then the heart racing. Now unexplained blood in my urine! Oh, well, I guess I just have to focus on the positive - the pains I was experiencing weren't PTL and my cervix is tightly shut!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:42 pm

ouch
fell down the outside steps yesterday
am ok except for strained knee and ankle + bloodied kneeds.
Fortunately my parents are here so they sent me to bed, cooked dinner and took DD home with them so I could rest.
I ended up goin to L&D last night after some discharge - the two combined made them say 'come in so we can check you out'.
Complete non event, but I didn't ge home until midnight.
Yawn.

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:07 pm

So sorry about the fall! I am glad nothing happened! Get some rest!

Does anyone else think this month went by really fast? I can't believe it is almost Oct.!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 pm

Sorry about the fall! I'm glad that they found nothing at L&D. A wasted trip is so much better than going into labor this soon!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:04 am

Kim - I'm glad you and your LO are ok.

Jennifer - I agree Sept. has flown by.

Tiff - how was your interview with the parents?

Quincy - That is awesome about your new work at home setup. I hope it all works for you.

AFM - My doctor's appt yesterday was great! I do not have GD - but am a little anemic (which partly explains why I'm always tired). So I am on iron pills now everyother day - no big deal. My belly is measuring 29 and Kate's heartbeat was 141. They did have to take my bp twice - the first time it was elevated top number 141. The second time it was normal top number 114. Oh and I don't have to see the perinatologist anymore. I do have mixed feeling about that... no more monthly u/s and reassurrance that all is really right. Only 10 more weeks...yeah!
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:28 pm

I failed the 3 hour test also Crying or Very sad I am now trying to learn the diet and learn to test of sugars. It will take a bit of getting use, to but I will. I have to run because my kids are in a play at Church tonight and it is getting so late! I will catch up later.
Jennifer

Good news, BP was near normal with the meds. I still have some protein but it is not to much right now so they will be watching it. They are hoping to get me to full term!
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next