Life After Loss- December 2008 Mothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Thread

+8
qvest
hope_of_hevn
tif333
Dashiell'sMom
Admin
Mom-to-Luke
JenniferShafer
Amy
12 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

September Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: September Thread

Post  qvest Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:03 am

Allison-Sorry to hear about alll your troubles, but at least you are where they can keep an eye on you all the time...I do hope you can go home soon and not have to stay for the rest of your pg...keep us updated!!

Jennifer-Sorry about the bs...I have had a few high days but so far so good....I hope you don't have to go on insulin later...How neat about the church nursery, post pics when it's done.

AFM: I had my 29w appt today and everything looks good. I didn't gain a pound, still at only 8lb gain. Doc did an u/s and now I know why my upper right side has been hurting...his lil bum is right in my ribs, LOL! I have my NST on the 21st, what does that consist of? I don't remember having one with Connor.

Hi to EOE!
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 pm

I have NST twice a week. They hook you up to those belts with monitors on them for around 20 mins to trace the baby's heart rate. They want to see a certain amount of heart accelerations in the 20 mins (I can' remember how many for sure). One of the monitors is for baby one is to check for contractions. After they do my NST they also do a U/S to do a biophysical profile for baby. They can get a score up to 8. Easton always Gets 8 out of 8, that's perfect. They check for fluid amounts and how the baby is doing over all. I get a new picture of the baby twice a week! That is the best part. I also have to turn in my blood sugar logs at each NST appt.

Today at NST I was told my sugars are still to high and they will give me a few more days to try to adjust my diet to get them down but if it does not work I will start meds for it. It is more my fasting numbers that are to high. I am going to try to move my meals up a bit and see if more time between eating and waking makes a difference.
Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of all of you!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/BabyShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:16 am

Hi girls

Alison - hope you are OK.

I've not been able to post - didn't realise I'd just been logged out (oops)

Doing well here despite DH being away yet again (although he left me a huge batch of Gazpacho, so at least I haven't had to cook!).
We just went in to Summer time here so am having a bit of touble getting myself/ DD back on schedule, but we are all fine.

GTT was ok, except baby decided to play dead rather than kick up the expected storm due to the sugar. When laying me down with cafeine (sp?) and a cold drink didn't work I was sent up to Delivery to be checked out. The midwife had just got to the point about freaking about not finding the heart beat when the little horror gave the monitor a HUGE kick. Their attempts to do a NST failed as the baby wouldn't hold still, but by that point no one was too concerned!

I took a heap of sewing along as I had to sit still for 2 hours for the test, so have made a cute applique t-shirt for a friend's new baby (dropping it off and meeting Freya tomorrow) and cut out the pieces for a little 'chew toy' for the baby - I will do the applique then will let DD learn to use my sewing machine sewing it all together.

Our local hardware shop was just taken over by the equiv. of Home Depot, and was getting rid of all the stock they no longer plan to hold, so I got a HEAP of tools that I've always coveted (e.g. drill Arbour) for some absolutely amazing prices ($2.50 for tools that I've never seen for under $25). I only went in there to get castors for the storage in DD/baby's room, but since it is my birthday this weekend and DH had promised me a DIY shopping trip, I don't think I need to feel too guilty about spending rather more than I anticipated!

Now I just need to get our tax returns done (October 31 deadline here).

Does anyone have a baby shower planned? I"m organize a girls day out instead - now just need to figure out something fun to do. There used to be a fantastic bath house/spa/massage place that could do groups, but it is still stubornly closed for refurbishment. I'm thinking the chocolate cafe might be the next option!

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:18 am

Your girls day out sounds fun! The women in our church want to throw me a shower. So yes, I am having a shower. It will be Nov 15th at 3pm. It is the same day as our maternity tour and pre-registration. That is going to be a long day. We may even have soccer tournaments that day. my oldest daughter Allison's team is undefeated so far and so far ahead in the standing even if they lose the rest of the games they would still be in 1st, but I don't see that happening. I am praying that they are not away games as it will be to close to travel, and I don't want to miss it. How is everyone else doing?
Amy, I can only imagine how big you are getting as I am starting to look as big as a house. At NST on Thurs. a lady was in there and she was 35 weeks with twins and her belly was huge. She was so tiny but her belly looked like it had 3 basket balls in it. I am picturing you kind of like that, (In a few more weeks!)

I can't believe how close we are all getting! I will probably deliver in about 7 weeks. If the doctors plans are still the same as we had talked about. I did not realize how quick it is coming up, maybe I should talk to him about it again soon. I would like to deliver by the 2nd. I checked with my kids school about the school cut off and it is Dec 2nd. I would like to have the choice to start him at 4 if he is ready. my others were but Brayden did not meet the cut off and had to wait. So if he is ready I want him to be able to start. I know it is kind of thinking ahead but I just went through this with my son and know it was frustrating. If I have a choice in it, why not make it easier later.

I see my ob tomorrow. I will post any new info then!
Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 am

I am going to have a shower. I had never really heard of doing one for a second child and honestly used to think it was a bit tacky. But, in the past 2 years everyone I know who has had a second baby has had a second shower. I was still conflicted over if I should have one or not but my mom and sister said I was getting one if I wanted it or not, so I guess my sisters are planning it and it will be on Sunday November 2nd. They made the invites (turned out cute) and are sending them out today. They called it a "sprinkle" instead of a shower. But they invited 30-40 people so it will still be bigger than I anticipated. I am having the opposite gender this time though and my daughter will be over age 4 when the baby is born, so I guess it makes sense. I went ahead and registered after I found out how many people they invited. The only big thing I registered for is a travel system and then everything else is in the $10-35 range. I need blankets, sheets, bottles, a new bassinett mattress, a new changing table pad, diapers/wipes, baby book, nursing cover etc. Nothing too exciting, but once I wrote it all down, there are quite a few small things I need.

So this week is going to be nice and relaxing for me! I had the terror of a little boy on Monday and then I don't have kids for the rest of the week! My daughter and I had lunch with my old coworker yesterday, are meeting my mom for lunch today and are seeing the new Chihuahua movie tommorrow. My daughter is so excited to see that! Then last night, my husband got home from work and without so much as a complaint, he cleaned the cat box, picked up after the dogs outside, took out the trash and then did the dishes! I asked him what he was buttering me up for and he said, "Nothing. I just know this is one of very few weeks off for you and I want you to be able to relax." Awww, so nice! I think I'll keep him. Smile
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

Hi Gals -

KIM - Glad to see that you logged in again!!! I'm not having a shower. I don't want any gifts, attention or anything in my house that is baby related until I have a healthy, living baby at home. I'm just too paranoid, given my history. After the baby arrives, I told my sisters that we can have a welcome baby party. For the time being, I have the pack and play & car seat on hold at the store. When I have the baby, Glenn can pick them up & get everything ready while I'm in the hopsital.

JENNIFER - I hope that your sugars can get under control without meds. Glad to hear that the NSTs and BPPs are going well. I enjoyed having the NSTs 2x daily when I was in the hospital. Please post the pics of your church's nursery when it's done. What a lovely way to honor Soren.

TIFFANY - Glad to hear that dh is taking such good care of you! Let us know how the chihuahua movie is. MY 4 year old niece loved it.

QUINCY - WOW! 8lb only gain is so impressive! I'm scared to step on the scale on Friday after having been on bedrest for a full week!

Hi to JILL, AMY, JESS, MICHELLE (MISH44) & everyone else. Hope your days are going well.

AFM - I was released from the hospital last night. The protein in my urine dropped from 280 last Tuesday to 190 yesterday. Also, my bps have been much more stable. I've been given the ok to work from home, as long as the stress level is kept low, which I'll have to do. They are setting me up with a home nurse to check my bp at home and I plan to buy a bp monitor today, as well as continuing to check my urine at home.

I see my OB on Friday & will discuss with him how often I'll be going to see him. Part of me is so happy to be home, especially being with my little furbaby, Lucy, but I do miss the comfort zone of the hospital.

I was able to tour the NICU yesterday. It is beautiful and it was so encouraging to see these tiny babies doing well. I saw twins born at 26 weeks 2 weeks ago, a 29 weeker born 3 weeks ago & a 33weeker born a few days ago. All of them were thriving. I had a long talk with the social worker, as well and now have her info for any questions.

Today, I'm going to pack my hospital bag, just in case I need to go back quickly. I'm also keeping $50 in cash on my at all times in case I need to cab it back up to the hospital quickly.

Overall, I'm feeling better. I have a mild headache, but the pain in my right side has subsided quite a bit. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you so much for the continued thoughts and prayers. You all mean so much to me & each and every one of you are in my thoughts and prayers every day!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Yeah, I am so glad you are home Allison! Praying that things stay this way!

I was really upset by something that was said to me. My husbands grandmother called to see how things are going. I told her all that had been going on and said but it is all working itself out. (This is the same person who said I should get my tubes tied because my body just can't seem to make babies right anymore.) She said she was glad things are going ok but I should never have another baby and that God is giving me a sign that HE does not want me to have more children. I just changed the subject. I told her that the women from church wanted to throw me a shower for the baby. I told her when it was and I would make sure she received an invitation. She acted shocked. She said I can't believe you are having a baby shower for a 5th child. I explained that it was not my idea, and the ladies of the church wanted to do this and they even told me after everything we had been through that this should be celebrated. I have no problem with it. We had sold everything we had at a yard sale when Brayden was 4 because we were not planning to have any more. Surprise! We did not buy anything for Soren because we wanted to wait to see how old he would be when he came home from the hospital. He could have been there for months or even up to a year! We had no idea what to buy or what size. We did not want to by an infant seat if he would be to big when he came home. So we still have nothing. I thought it was nice that people WANTED to do this for us. She said that people will think I am selfish and greedy to expect everyone to provide for this baby. First of all I don't even care if anyone brings a gift. I was just excited that everyone (I thought) was as excited about this baby as we are. Am I really that horrible of a person to accept this shower from the ladies of my church? She then said well I guess people of this generation will do anything. I just left it at that. Changed te subject again. I feel awful! I am really thinking that maybe I should ask the ladies to change it and have it after the baby is born and ask them to put please no gifts. I know that they have already done invations but maybe if I buy them more they will be ok with it. I just don't know what to do! I don't want people to think of me like that. I feel like something that was supose to be a wonderful event has turned in to something I'm ashamed of. This is about my baby, not gifts! Any advice?

Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Jennifer - don't let the old bat get to you. She is obviously a very bitter person. It is lovely that the women at your church are doing this for you.

Alison - Glad you are out of hospital. We had a welcome baby party for DD, and it was fantastic (as long as you don't have to lift a finger to organise it!). This time I really want a chance to do something with my girlfriends before I get too huge.

Tif - HI!

Not much to report. Did tax last night, and apliqued a t-shirt for a friends newbie (a black t-shirt with leopard print band around the bottom and her name in leopard print on the front - her mum was getting a bit sick of pink), the took DD to the park this morning before taking lunch/shirt to visit friend and her new baby. DD was very good about being gentle with the baby, and held her for a bit, then lost interest and went to read a book, which I hope is a good sign.
Must finish tax return. must finish tax return

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 am

Jennifer - I agree with Kim. Don't let that woman get to you. You do what you feel comfortable and happy with.

Kim - UGH - taxes. I hope you finish them soon and can put them behind you. Glad to hear that dd was gentle with the baby. Is she getting excited to meet her new sibling?

Hi to EOE!!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  hope_of_hevn Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 am

Allison - so glad they released you from the hospital. I know you felt really safe there...but it must mean good news if they let you go home. I am very glad for you! But, there's nothing like being at home, in your own bed, with your furbaby. Good idea to keep your bag packed and cash on hand at all times...jic. I hope all goes well at your appt tomorrow!

Quincy - only 8 lbs? Wow. Wish I could say the same! So cute Camden's little rear is pushing up against you and making you sore.

Kim - so glad your little one is OK after that scare. I love your idea of going to the chocolate cafe with the girls! What a fun idea! I am having a couple of showers, one of which is a couples' shower which DH isn't so excited about (neither is FIL). Oh well.

Jennifer - just 7 weeks! Right around the corner! So I would try as much as possible to ignore the comments your grandmother is making. That generation is so, so different. Of course you should proceed with the shower as is...the ladies at church WANT to do this for you. You should let them! And the comments about how God is clearly telling you not to have more children...I would love to have heard that conversation between God and your grandmother when He gave her this info. On the contrary, look at how God has blessed you with another baby and is leading you through each of the issues you are dealing with. No HLHS being one of those ways! I could not disagree with her more, and I am sorry she is not being supportive.

Tif - cute that they're throwing you a sprinkle instead of a shower!

Not much new here. I'm so excited that jury duty (for which I was scheduled today) is canceled! I cannot imagine having to sit in a courtroom all day long right now. I was also supposed to be on that plane out to Scottsdale today for a meeting. I can't imagine having to fly clear out there right now either. So I'm a happy camper today. Except for the crazy belly button hernia which is still really bothering me. Oh well. If that's the worst of my troubles this pg, I'll take it.

Hi to EOE!
hope_of_hevn
hope_of_hevn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Allison- I’m so glad that you’re ok!! How scary! As far as Kim and Michelle, I think that it might be a problem w/the log in, so if you talk to them, make sure that they double-check that…
Jennifer- How exciting that you get to redo the church nursery! I’m sorry that you’re having troubles w/your blood sugar.. Oh, and thanks for explaining what the NST is! I have to start going in for that once a week at 32 weeks. I was pretty nervous but it doesn’t sound too bad. Oh, and I am HUGE!!! I’ll try posting a picture if my photo bucket will work for me. Wow… That was a terrible way for dh’s grandmother to act. She really has no right to say those things to you. The main reason to have a baby shower is to celebrate the baby, not to see how much free stuff you can get… I’m really sorry that she was so insensitive. I have no advice on how to handle it. Big (( hugs))
Jill- I’ve had that same problem w/not being able to reply to the board… It turned out that I wasn’t logged on, so maybe that’s it? Yay for getting out of jury duty!
Quincy- Very jealous of you only gaining 8 pounds! I’ve gained 28 so far and I feel huge.
Kim- I’m not having a shower bc we have everything we need, but I am going to do a “meet the babies” sort of party. I think that will be nice for us! I can’t get over how darn cute your dd sounds!! You must be a wonderful mother.
Hi to anyone I missed!! Very Happy
AFM- I’m so sorry that I’ve been gone for so long! I’ve gotten to the point that it’s very uncomfortable to sit up at the computer. Well, I had my GD test and I passed. My blood sugar was 99 so that’s good. I have an u/s on the 24, and NST start that week as well. I’ll be going to my dr once a week at that point, which should be fun… The boys are doing well and Matthew is starting to understand what’s going on.
Other than that, we found out that my dh will be deployed in June. I know I’m not supposed to post that online, but I’m really nervous about it and I don’t really have anyone to talk to.. I’m probably going to move back home while he’s gone so that I can have family around to help if I need it.
Anyway, all is well for the most part! I’ll try to come online more so you don’t have to worry about me.
QOTD: Have you created your birth plan? What is it?
AOTD: I have, but I think a few things might have to change bc I did it when I thought there was only 1 in there! My original plan was to stay at home until I felt I couldn’t wait anymore, then go to the hospital where I would have a perfect, natural birth. (That’s pretty much how it went w/Matthew) However, since my risk of c-section is higher, I’m going to labor at home for a little bit, then go in and probably go for the epidural so that if I do have a c-section, I can be awake to meet our boys.

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Jennifer - I would not let what she said get to you. You know it is not true that God doesn't want you to have more children. LOL on Jill's comment on the situation about overhearing the conversation between God and Grandma. You should not feel bad about accepting a shower that others want to throw for you. It is not as if you are throwing your own baby shower. Then I would think it was selfish, but if someone else offered to throw it for you, accept, accept, accept!!!!

Kim - hope you got your taxes finished. That is not fun. I use Turbo Tax now and have for the last couple years. Makes it so much easier. Do you have any programs available like that?

Allison - Hi! I hope you are feeling well today and resting!

Jill - yay for getting out of jury duty and work trips. Were you supposed to go to Scottsdale, AZ? You could have come to my house for dinner! Smile

Amy - Why aren't you supposed to say the month of deployment online? It is not like you are telling top secret mission information or something. Not even an exact date, time, location, etc. I can completely understand why you are nervous about it though. How long will he be gone?

AOTD: I have not created an actual written birth plan. I did with DD and it was useless to me because my labor went so fast that I couldn't do any of the things on the plan anyway. But this time I plan to head to the hospital as soon as I begin regular contractions. I live 40 min away from my chosen hospital and am afraid I won't make it there in time. Last time my entire labor was only 4 hrs and I had the urge to push in the car on the way there. When I got there, I was dilated to 10 and had my daughter less than 45 min later. This time I do not plan on getting an epidural if I am progressing quickly like last time. If I am going slower though, I am not opposed to having one. I also do not want an IV unless it is absolutely necessary. I HATE needles and don't want to be tied down to the bed for my labor. I would rather be mobil. I want to nurse as soon as the baby is cleaned off. I don't really care to hold the baby before they wrap him up and wipe him off a bit. I was shaking too bad to do that with DD anyway. I am sure there are other things, but that's all I can think of right now!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwi_piwi Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Just a super quick post to say 'sorry about the deployment' to Amy. Hugs honey.

I'm having a blast today doing DIY in DD's room. I think I should have been a carpenter. Unfortunately DD shares my passion for power toys (at age 2 she arranged a very crafty diversion to get me out of the room for a minute so she could get her hands on the drill) so I have to shut everything up CAREFULLy afterwards.

Have a great day girls!

kiwi_piwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Jennifer - So sorry about DH grandmother - I can't believe some of the things she has said. I'm glad you can change the subject instead of blowing up at her. That is wonderful about the church nursery - I can't wait to see the tribute to Soren. As for your shower - I agree with everyone else here - your church ladies want to do this for you. Let them. My friends wanted to have a shower for me - it took a while for me to agree. But now that I have I'm excited about celebrating our little girl.

Allison - I'm glad you are home and that your bp and protein levels are better. I hope you are able to work from home without stress. Has the nurse come by your house yet?

Kim - Sorry about the scare - I'm so glad everything with the baby is ok. You sure have been busy - I'd love to see a picture of what you've made. You sound very talented. I hate getting my tax information together but that is all I have to do -- luckily my dad is a CPA so he does our taxes. Your girls day sounds so fun.

Jill - Glad you were able to avoid a trip and jury duty. When do you have to stop traveling?

Amy - I'm glad your DH doesn't leave until June - I thought he was leaving earlier in the spring. Great news on your glucose. You sure do have a lot of appt. scheduled. I can't wait to see how you look.

Quincy - Wow - I can't believe you've only gained 8lbs - I gained 10 in just a month. How's your DS's football. My DS had his first soccer game last week - I can't wait to see him play this week.

Tiffany - I think your sprinkle sounds great. Your DH sounds so sweet.

AFM - I've been so tired lately. Part of it may be due to working all day and taking DS to cub scouts and soccer after work on Tues and Thurs. But my doctor said after you hit 30 weeks you hit a wall again - she also pointed out that I'm a little older. She's a few years older than me. I have an u/s in 2 weeks and my DS is going to come - he is so excited about seeing his sister.

Last AOTD - My favorite thing right now is feeling her move - even when she keeps me up in the middle of the night.

AOTD - I have a scheduled c-section so I just plan to arrive at the hospital at 5am on Dec 5. And then let the doctors take it from there.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

September Thread - Page 7 Empty hi all!

Post  kelly k Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am

Hello everyone, I lost track of you all when new bbc took over suddenly!! Then I saw a post from Allison elsewhere and she was nice enough to give me the link here. Just wanted to say I'm so glad things seem to be going relatively well for everyone and we'll all have babies so soon! I only had a chance to read the last few pages so I'm not totally caught up but I wanted to say hi anyway. I have nothing to report really, my pregnancy is progressing uneventfully which is fine with me. I do still have a lot of problems with my ribcage, I'm pretty sure one is actually broken now, but it's not dangerous to the little guy so I'll live. Hope you all have a great day!!!

Kelly K

kelly k

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 am

Glad to see you found us Kelly!
Quincy- I am right there with you. I have gained 11 lbs so far, but nothing for the last month. I think this new diet will keep me from gaining much. I can't really eat any of the bad things I want.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments . I was hoping that not everyone thought like that. I was worried that all these invitations went out and every one is reading it thinking I am selfish. (I did find out they were already sent so there is no going back). I think if God didn't want me to have any more children then he would not have given me any more. I don't plan on having any more, but who is she to tell us not to. I think 4 at home and one in heaven is a good number. Thanks everyone for making me feel better.

I was up all night last night because I am having weird pains. It is like a stabbing pain, but it seems to be related to having to go pee. I have to pee like every 5 mins and nothing comes out some time it is just a little trickle. I don't know what the heck is going on. I also had cramps all night. I feel like I am going to start my period! I know that's not going to happen. I don't know if it is just a weird night or if something is going on. My husband thinks I have a UTI. He said he looked it up and wants me to go to the doctor. I have NST today so I will mention it to the nurse.
Does this sound like UTI to any of you? What to you make of the cramps? I guess I should mention that too. Maybe they are related. I don't know. I just know I am miserable!

The nursery is almost done!!! We just are going through all the toys now and getting rid of broken ones or ones with small pieces (I think it is strange that a nursery had toys with small pieces anyway). We still have to get fabric so I can make some valences. I will try to take pictures tomorrow. Tomorrow is my sisters bridal shower, it is at the church and I will try to remember to snap some pics then. Well I had better go. You would believe the list of things to do today. My sister must have forgot I am pregnant and asked me to do tons of baking today. She wants a tea/brunch style shower so of course she had a list of things she wants me to bring. I have to make quiche, scones, lemon curd, pumpkin cheese cake muffins, fruit tarts, and a few other things.

Jennifer
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:59 am

Hi Everyone,
Well I had an interesting night last night! Before I tell you what happened, everyone is okay and no one was hurt! My mom's best friend was having a yard sale and I decided to take over DD's baby clothes. We were all there setting up in their driveway last night. Mom's Best Friend's Mom was going to back her truck into the end of the driveway to unload some things. Apparently her sandal got stuck on the gas pedal somehow and she basically ran into the yard sale stuff, backed across the grass, hit another table and skid all the way up the side of her son in law's truck and stopped about 4-5 inches from my truck. She was accelerating during this, not slowing down! My mom was setting up a table that she ended up running over and had to jump out of the way. There were 2 kids in the driveway that she came close to. I was standing near the truck she hit and had just crossed the driveway to set something down when it happened. Thankfully the only casualties were a couple tables and the 2 trucks. I am thankful no one was hurt. I must admit I am also very thankful she didn't hit my truck (as I mentioned, she came within 4-5 inches). Our truck is paid off and I can't add a truck payment with the baby coming and me only babysitting! This happened around 10pm. So everyone was freaking out and even though I was fine, they made me go sit down for a while because they didn't want me going into labor! I live about 30 min. from them so by the time all was said and done I didn't get home until after 11. DD woke up before 7am so I am tired!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom-to-Luke Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Kelly - it is great to hear from you. Are you still working a lot?

Jennifer - I think it sounds like a bladder or UTI. I'm glad you have an appt today. I can't wait to see the pictures from the nursery. And the food you are making for the shower sounds delicious. Do you have help with it?

Tiffany - What a scary experience! I'm so glad no one was hurt. I hope you are able to nap today.

AFM - I finally did some Christmas shopping today. Not much but I got DS 2 stocking stuffers and DH a gift. I better get back to work - we took a pretty long lunch today.
Mom-to-Luke
Mom-to-Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Jennifer - I would definitely call your doc and get tested for a UTI or bladder infection. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to drink cranberry juice. If there is no bladder infection, it won't hurt anything and if there is one it can help.
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly k Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:43 am

Jenn- Could be a uti, I would definitely ask your doctor. I have a problem similar to that off and on the last couple of days, I have to pee constantly and it's almost painful but just a little bit comes out. Annoying. I don't have cramps though, although I do have braxton hicks contractions every time I have to pee which is all the time:) Happy baking today, wow, I'm exhausted looking at that list. You're a good sister.

Kathy- hi! I am working just as much still, although what I can do is pretty compromised at this point. Since I can't lift anything at all including plates I just do what I can to run the floor and get my other stuff done and go home. Everyone has been really great and understanding though so I'm lucky I think. My thought is always the more full days I can get through now if I have to leave early every day in my last month I won't feel so bad!

Tiff- Oh my gosh, what a scary event! I'm so glad you're all ok! (trucks included)

Hi all, have a happy Saturday! I have a shower today, so that's pretty much my day!

Kelly K

kelly k

Back to top Go down

Post  tif333 Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:26 am

Happy Saturday! I was just checking in. Today is DH's bday but he had to go to work this morning Sad He usually doesn't work on Saturdays, but they had some multi million dollar order come in that the customer wants early next week. He should only have to work until about noon though. Then, his mom and I bought him an IPOD together, but she and his sister and her kids are all sick so we'll have to wait until next weekend to celebrate with them. I have the IPOD at our house, but I don't think that would be right to give it to him without her there since she did go in 1/2 with me. Poor DH has to work and then doesn't even get his gift today!
tif333
tif333

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Hello everyone,
Tiff-Sorry you don't get to celebrate with DH today. That sucks that you can't even give him his gift.

The bridal shower for my sister is over and I am exhausted. The food was good (My blood sugars is proving that, oops!) I can't believe how many people had never had lemon curd before. I made lemon curd and a sweet vanilla cream cheese spread and it was so good on the scones and biscuits. I only had one (scone, skipped the biscuit because of the carbs, they both have lots!), Crying or Very sad but it was so good! My veggie quiche was very good also. I have a couple orders for them now. But it really sucks to be sitting there with so many things you want to try and have to just sit there and look at them. I really had to use my will power today! But even with one piece of quiche and one scone with lemon curd and cream cheese spread My sugar was 150 1/2 an hour after I ate. I did not even test at the one hour or two hour mark. I did not even want to know what it would be! I will just put on my sugar log, forgot to test. Then I won't get scolded. It is just one day! I don't eat like that all the time. I usually only eat what is on the diet and even then I am careful because sometimes I eat what it says and my sugar is still to high.

Hope you all had a great weekend so far! I missed all of my kids soccer games today because of the bridal shower. I hate to miss them but I guess one time won't kill me.
Jennifer

PS the nursery is almost done! We just have to do the valences! I forgot to take pics but I will try to remember tomorrow.
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferShafer Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:41 pm

I forgot to add my Dr. had me go to the lab for urine analysis I was hoping to get results by Fri before the office closed but I did not hear anything. Hopefully Monday morning I will find out what the heck is going on.
JenniferShafer
JenniferShafer

Back to top Go down

Post  qvest Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 am

Hey ladies! Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend (Well, Tiff a very eventful one)! Mine was pretty good considering I had to watch my Sooners lose to Texas, Sad !!

Jennifer- Have you found out the results of your ua yet?

Hi to EOE!! Happy Monday
qvest
qvest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dashiell'sMom Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:43 am

Hi Guys!

TIFFANY - What a scary experience you had. I'm happy that everyone is ok.

JENNIFER - I was relieved to hear that it was most likely just a UTI. It scared me, because that is exactly what I felt when Dashiell died. It wasn't a UTI, but my body was reacting as if it was an infection. Did you get the definitive word yet? Are you on antibiotics?

KELLY K - Glad you made it back over here!

KATHY - WOW! Christmas shopping - I'm usually so good, but this year I haven't done anything yet. I'm going to use you as inspiration to get my act together!

AMY - You've been quiet. How are you doing?

JILL - I hope you're dong well, too. I think this week is the week you lost Hope. I'm praying that it's peaceful for you. (((HUGS)))

QUINCY - I'm not a sports fan, but send my condolences, anyway! LOL

Did you all see that there was another birth on the December board? The baby was born at 30w3d and is only on CPAP! I felt so encouraged reading that story (she had preeclampsia) and the baby is beautiful!

AFM - I started working from home yesterday. I had 200 emails to catch up on! Thankfully, my job has been really understanding with my situation and I'll work from home for the next 5 1/2 weeks. Hard to believe that it's only 5 1/2 weeks in the best case scenario. KFC that I last that long. Have a great day, ladies!
Dashiell'sMom
Dashiell'sMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next